Author Topic: T-Pains Rings In 167K In First Weeks Sales  (Read 201 times)

Elano

T-Pains Rings In 167K In First Weeks Sales
« on: November 19, 2008, 10:14:09 AM »
After making a strong radio buzz with a handful of smash singles, T-Pain's new album Thr33 Ringz landed at No. 4 on the Billboard Top 200, with over 167,700 copies sold in its first week.

According to Nielsen SoundScan, the project was the top hip-hop and R&B release this week. Supplying an ample amount of songs and collaborations including "Can't Believe It" with Lil' Wayne plus "Chopped & Skrewed" featuring Ludacris, Pain's third project also boasts guest spots from Chris Brown, Kanye West, Mary J Blige, Diddy, DJ Khaled, T.I. and more. The Auto Tune king previously spoke with SOHH about his hit-making ability.

"I got the most number 1's," Pain told SOHH. "I'm not just saying that. It's really on the charts. I got 11 numbers [in one year.] In the history of time, The Beatles got 13. So if I woulda got two more in that year I would beat The Beatles. That's why I'm the ringleader."

Following up 2007's Epiphany, which has sold roughly over 850,000 units and landed at No. 1 its' opening week, the Grammy winning singer's label head, Akon, recently spoke with SOHH about his protege's uprise in music.

"Me, I'm the trainer and the manager. I will book the show and T-Pain will lead the rings," Akon told SOHH. "I know my place -- that's why we are successful and we continue to move forward. One thing I'm never going to do is try to jump in front of his shine."

Other new releases this week include Christina Aguilera's Keeps Gettin' Better - A Decade of Hits which secured No. 9 on the SoundScan, selling over 72,900 units. R&B singer Seal also debuted baring all on Soul which pushed 44,900 copies landing him at No. 13.

Another honorable mention is underground hip-hop staple, Jedi Mind Tricks with History of Violence, which opened up at No. 169. The disc sold 4,500 discs after seven days in stores.

:-X :-[

penenstamp

Re: T-Pains Rings In 167K In First Weeks Sales
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 10:14:51 AM »
That's a lot for an album that sucks balls.

'EclipZe

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 10:35:19 AM »
^true that. teenagers.

Þŕiņçë

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Cold Hearted Son Of A Bitch
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 10:38:13 AM »
Fuck a T-pain

Dogg Ly Dogg