Author Topic: NIK thinks Bynum >>>Amare!!  (Read 1563 times)

PLANT

NIK thinks Bynum >>>Amare!!
« on: November 07, 2008, 02:23:22 PM »
Bynum>Amare. you dont understand the game if you try saying this is an absurd statement.

...wow, that comment was thread worthy right there.  The basketball genius has spoken! 

I wont even try and say Shaq is still better than Bynum, but just so ya know....

SHAQ
12.0 PPG
8.6 RPG
0.6 APG
1.2 BPG
68.8% FG

BYNUM
8.2 PPG
9.2 RPG
1.0 APG
2.8 BPG
44.0% FG

pretty compable stats if you ask me.  Bynum has the edge in blocks and a slight edge in rebounds.  Shaq has the edge in points and a much better FG %.

I guess Shaq must be better than Amare too  ???
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 02:25:26 PM by PLANT »

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: NIK thinks Bynum >>>Amare!!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 02:28:04 PM »
... :o ...

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 02:31:29 PM »
LOLOL! :laugh: :laugh:

wow, didnt even realize that. I knew Shaq started off pretty good, but i had no idea hes puttin up equal numbers to the Rookie/Legend Andrew "King Of LA/NBA" Bynum. :P

i wonder how many other big men are puttin up stats like those, who are underlooked...

PLANT

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 02:37:27 PM »
LOLOL! :laugh: :laugh:

wow, didnt even realize that. I knew Shaq started off pretty good, but i had no idea hes puttin up equal numbers to the Rookie/Legend Andrew "King Of LA/NBA" Bynum. :P

i wonder how many other big men are puttin up stats like those, who are underlooked...
Luis Scola, Paul Milsap, Udonis Haslem, Andres Biedrins = the next Andrew Bynum

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 02:43:51 PM »
As a Laker fan i wouldn't trade Bynum for Amare at the moment.
That's not absurd at all.
What's the problem tho'? Laker fans are happy about Bynum.
The Lakers have a 4-0 record.
We are happy.
You are happy (you don't have Bynum in your team).
It's all good.

Johnny B

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 02:45:38 PM »
of course Laker fans are gonna say Bynum > Amare.

wcsoldier

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2008, 02:45:47 PM »
Well Amare is a beast offensive wise and the 1st option on his team , Bynum is coming back from a 6-7 month injury , trying to find his rythm back and is on a very stacked team. When both players are at 100% , Amare has obviously the better offensive arsenal while Bynum has still to develop this aspect of his game but as of now his role is to be a defensive anchor and he's a much better than Amare at that .... Amare has easily the edge on the offensive end and Bynum has it on the defensive end ...

Regarding the stats , it's still way too early in the season for them   to be reliable and I still think stats are very overrated i.e you can tell whatever you want if you choose the right stat ... that's why I prefer to compare players impact on their team , their abilities to change the outcome of a game rather than advancing stats ... at the end of the season , Amare stats will be more impressive than KG one , does it mean I will take Stoud over KG ? Hell no

PLANT

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2008, 02:51:36 PM »
so what are you trying to say that Bynum is better than Amare?  WTF....news flash!  Bynum is not the reason the lakers are 4-0!  Hes playing a good center roll for you guys but you have the league MVP running the show there incase you forgot.  I dont know why you laker fans think Bynum is the next Wilt or something WTF

You guys did pretty fucking good without Bynum last year so I duno ....If he was THAT good then I think you woulda went for a shit once he went down! 

Gasol>>>Bynum
Amare>>>>>>>>>>>Gasol

anyday
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 02:53:28 PM by PLANT »

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2008, 02:53:06 PM »
how long has Bynum been in the league again? oh yeah and he's already better defensively lol.  he has the potential to be a great one,especially now where there is a shortage of dominant big men. give him some time before makin comparisons.

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2008, 03:18:31 PM »
^^I agree man but the problem is NIK is already saying he is hands down better than Amare, its just plain stupid. It's so funny that NIK talks about Bynum like he is the next Wilt while for example when there is a guy like AL Jefferson who is so young and already so much better and more polished than Bynum and NIK never says anything about a player like that.  Regardless of how good the team is, so far Bynum is averaging 8 points a game ok big deal, I mean as far as I'm concerned Andris Biedrins is WAY better than Bynum, I dont think it's even close, Bynum averages 8 points and 9 rebounds a game, Biedrins is averaging 16 points a game and 14 rebounds while shooting 58% from the field, how is Bynum better than Amare when he isnt even close to being on Biedrins level ???

DIP DIP SET SET

WestCoasta

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2008, 03:24:13 PM »
why do you guys get so riled up over what NIK says, as if it's the law?

you know he loves the attention

PLANT

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2008, 03:29:18 PM »
why do you guys get so riled up over what NIK says, as if it's the law?

you know he loves the attention
just keepin the S&E section goin   ;D we gota have shit to talk about in here

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2008, 03:40:37 PM »
To be real, this shit about Amare being a weak defender isn't fair. Playing in that D'antoni system ruined him, he was a decent defender before Mike's no defense policy took over. Bynum's defense is better but Amare's offensive game is so cold its not even comparable. If Amare could get his shot blocking and timing right it would be no contest.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2008, 03:57:40 PM »
That nigga also said T-Mac > LeBron. How can anyone in their right mind ever take one ">" statement he makes seriously ever again?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2008, 04:00:30 PM »
That nigga also said T-Mac > LeBron.
u know which thread that was in?