Author Topic: NIK thinks Bynum >>>Amare!!  (Read 1566 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: NIK thinks Bynum >>>Amare!!
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2008, 04:04:31 PM »
That nigga also said T-Mac > LeBron.
u know which thread that was in?

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=180090.msg1852276#msg1852276 

Classic.

Edit: Lol this is the reaction thread, just like this one is the reaction thread to his Bynum >>> Amare statement:
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=181070.0

« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 04:08:11 PM by 7even »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2008, 04:08:05 PM »
As a Laker fan i wouldn't trade Bynum for Amare at the moment.
That's not absurd at all.
What's the problem tho'? Laker fans are happy about Bynum.
The Lakers have a 4-0 record.
We are happy.
You are happy (you don't have Bynum in your team).
It's all good.

im sure your happy with him & he truly is a nice fit for your team, hes a good player too...

but Amare is head and shoulders better. ;)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2008, 04:13:54 PM »
^Yeah, I'm also happy with how Brandon Bass is evolving. Does that mean jack shit? LOL
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2008, 04:21:45 PM »
Theres no possible way you guys dont already know that you cant take NIK seriously on any comparisons made between Laker players and any other players. His judgement is so blinded when it comes to this shit. You know when a retarded kid makes one of those loud outburtsts....and even though you hear, you try to pretend like you didnt? Same thing with NIK.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2008, 04:25:27 PM »
Theres no possible way you guys dont already know that you cant take NIK seriously on any comparisons made between Laker players and any other players. His judgement is so blinded when it comes to this shit. You know when a retarded kid makes one of those loud outburtsts....and even though you hear, you try to pretend like you didnt? Same thing with NIK.

yeah real talk

DIP DIP SET SET

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2008, 04:26:55 PM »
^Yeah, I'm also happy with how Brandon Bass is evolving. Does that mean jack shit? LOL

lol.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2008, 05:06:19 PM »
I already made a thread about this myself a year ago...

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=163339.0

LOL@everyone acting like it's absurd to say Bynum is better when Bynum shitted all over Amare in their head-to-head matchups. Idiots act like Bynum wasn't leading the league in FG% last year before he got injured... just because he's averaging 6 shot attempts per game in the Lakers loaded offense doesn't mean he's any less of a player. You put Amare in Bynum's role and he wouldnt be averaging half of what he's averaging now, what don't you mutherfuckers get?

and Spice, don't even let me start with you. "Biedrins is way better than Bynum"? LMFAO!

Andrew Bynum & Andris Biedriens head-to-head stats:

DECEMBER 9, 2007:
Bynum=20 points, 11 rebounds, 3 assists, 5 blocks
Biedrins=7 points, 6 rebounds, 0 assists, 0 blocks

DECEMBER 14, 2007:
Bynum=17 points, 16 rebounds, 2 assits, 1 block
Biedrins=10 points, 11 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 blocks

LMFAO@that comparison. then people wonder how I question muthafuckaz basketball credibility.

and one last time, Amare & Bynum's head-to-head stats:

NOVEMBER 2ND, 2007:
Bynum=14 points, 13 rebounds, 3 assists
Amare=7 points, 1 rebounds, 0 assits
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=AqHY4PDk_JupFzlJVsNWdoMhPaB4?gid=2007110221

DECEMBER 25TH, 2007:
Bynum=28 points, 12 rebounds, 4 assists
Amare=19 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assits
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=Ap6_IW_gbgq.ztmmlPCPbNshPaB4?gid=2007122513

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2008, 05:35:05 PM »
We are happy.
It's all good.

im sure your happy with him & he truly is a nice fit for your team, hes a good player too...

I don't know, man. If you want to put it this way ok, Amare is playing on a level Bynum still has to reach, so he is "better". Ok. But this is almost the same discussion we had about Steve Nash a couple of years ago, talking about his one-dimensional type of play. If you ask me, i'd rather have Derek Fisher in my team than Steve Nash. That probably doesn't mean Fisher is better than Nash (he clearly isn't), but that means Nash has a major gap in his game that doesn't make him perfect for every situation. Take a player like Kobe Bryant: he's the best player in the League cause he can fit in every team in the League, being the best offensive player in the League AND at the same time an All-Defensive type of defender. He doesn't have major gaps in his game. (i'm not dickriding Kobe. I think it's pretty obvious what i'm saying, but you can say the same things about Pierce, KG, Lebron, etc.. those type of players are "complete" and dominant for real, even if they swich teams and scenarios). Like i said, Amare imho can't play Center at all, and he's better as a Power Forward playing with a defensive/power Center (like Shaq). That way he can care about the offensive aspect of his game more, and the team can suffer less on defence. But if you put him as a Center playing against a real offensive Center, he really is embarassing. And i mean embarassing. So the comparision itself is wrong, cause they are two different type of players and they could play very well together (maybe they will, in the future, in the U.S.A. team). If you like those type of x >>>>>>>>>>>< y games go ahead. But i still keep Bynum over him, with no esitation. So that means something.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 05:37:55 PM by Antonio »

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2008, 05:55:20 PM »
of course Laker fans are gonna say Bynum > Amare.
So idiots and haters alike take what NIK says and think his attitude reflects all Laker fans.

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2008, 06:01:21 PM »
I wanna show you some other stats.

Against the Spurs, Amare scored 22 with 8 rebounds and............ Duncan outnumbered him scoring 32 on him, with 8 rebounds.
Against the Hornets, Amare scored 21 with 12 rebounds and.......... West scored 18 points with 7 rebounds.
Against the Trail Blazers, Amare scored 23 with 13 rebounds and.......... Aldrige scored 16 with 6 rebounds.
Against the Nets, Amare scored 14 with 5 rebounds and......... Yi outnumbered him scoring 15 with 8 rebounds.
Against the Pacers, Amare scored 49 with 11 rebounds and......... Murphy scored 12 points with 10 rebounds.

That means Amare's opponents are averaging 18.6 points and 7.8 rebounds. Too much. And if you don't take the last game in consideration, they are outscoring him :)
So what's the deal? He's a monster on the offensive end but his opponents outscored him till the last game when he destroyed the Pacers??

If you compare those stats to Bynum's opponents...

Against the Blazers, Bynum scored 8 with 3 rebounds and........... Oden scored 0 points with 5 rebounds (Pryzbilla replacing him scored just 4 points.. so i'll make 4 points for the stats)
Agaisnt the Clippers, Bynum scored 12 with 9 rebounds and......... Kaman scored 8 points with 5 rebounds
Against the Nuggets, Bynum scored 4 with 9 rebounds and......... Nenè scored 8 points with 5 rebounds
Against the Clippers, Bynum scored 9 with 17 rebounds and......... Kaman scored 6 with 11 rebounds

That means Bynum's opponents are averaging 6.5 points and 6.5 rebounds.

Get it?

Bynum is playing an excellent defence and he's not asking the ball on offence. Amare is scoring crazy but so are doing his opponents. Plus Bynum is averaging 2.75 blocks per game against Amare's 1 block per game, and Bynum is averaging 1.50 TO per game against Amare's 2.0 per game.

P.S. Yeah i know Lakers didn't met the Hornets and the Spurs yet, but you compared the stats for those 4-5 matches, and so did i. But you know we can repeat this "game" later in the season and you know i'll still have a legit point.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 06:13:40 PM by Antonio »

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2008, 06:30:39 PM »
I love how stats don't mean shit till it comes time for you to defend Bynum  ;)
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2008, 08:16:37 PM »
We are happy.
It's all good.

I don't know, man. If you want to put it this way ok, Amare is playing on a level Bynum still has to reach, so he is "better". Ok. But this is almost the same discussion we had about Steve Nash a couple of years ago, talking about his one-dimensional type of play. If you ask me, i'd rather have Derek Fisher in my team than Steve Nash. That probably doesn't mean Fisher is better than Nash (he clearly isn't), but that means Nash has a major gap in his game that doesn't make him perfect for every situation. Take a player like Kobe Bryant: he's the best player in the League cause he can fit in every team in the League, being the best offensive player in the League AND at the same time an All-Defensive type of defender. He doesn't have major gaps in his game. (i'm not dickriding Kobe. I think it's pretty obvious what i'm saying, but you can say the same things about Pierce, KG, Lebron, etc.. those type of players are "complete" and dominant for real, even if they swich teams and scenarios). Like i said, Amare imho can't play Center at all, and he's better as a Power Forward playing with a defensive/power Center (like Shaq). That way he can care about the offensive aspect of his game more, and the team can suffer less on defence. But if you put him as a Center playing against a real offensive Center, he really is embarassing. And i mean embarassing. So the comparision itself is wrong, cause they are two different type of players and they could play very well together (maybe they will, in the future, in the U.S.A. team). If you like those type of x >>>>>>>>>>>< y games go ahead. But i still keep Bynum over him, with no esitation. So that means something.

i feel what your sayin, but thats just how it is. some people just fit in better. like i think Iverson is just better than Billups (hands down). but i think Billups was a better fit for Detroit, therefore the trade was bad on the Pistons part...but Iverson is still the better player.

the Lakers have the most talent in the league, so you dont need more offense & Bynum might be the better fit. but to a regular/below average team (Knicks, Nets, couple other East teams :P) & they had to take Bynum or Amare, there takin Amare all day everyday.

wcsoldier

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2008, 11:18:38 PM »
Maybe with simple words it will work : Amare is WAY better than Bynum on the offensive end so if u need scoring of course you will go with Amare... but some B-Balls fans as Antonio and me  prefer complete players than one-dimensional ones  ... AND as of now the Lakers need more a Bynum type of player than Amare .... as Chamilitary Click said if u need a 1st option on a wack team , Amare is a no brainer over Bynum

Spice : Briedrins is putting some impressive numbers I agree with this but again this is just after 5 games and the Warriors need him to score and rbs crazy coz he's the only solid interior presence for the team ...

Another example : the Spurs needs TP to score a lot of points to stay in the game in Gino absence , Duncan needs to score near 30 a game aswell ... TP leads the NBA in scoring and Tim is not far behind , does that mean they are better scorers than Kobe, Lebron , Wade ? hell no

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2008, 12:43:03 AM »
I love how stats don't mean shit till it comes time for you to defend Bynum  ;)

I didn't use stats to express my opinion about them. But since i know you americans loves to refers to them.....  i used the same language ;D
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 12:53:15 AM by Antonio »

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2008, 12:44:28 AM »
We are happy.
It's all good.

i feel what your sayin, but thats just how it is. some people just fit in better. like i think Iverson is just better than Billups (hands down). but i think Billups was a better fit for Detroit, therefore the trade was bad on the Pistons part...but Iverson is still the better player.

the Lakers have the most talent in the league, so you dont need more offense & Bynum might be the better fit. but to a regular/below average team (Knicks, Nets, couple other East teams :P) & they had to take Bynum or Amare, there takin Amare all day everyday.

Exactly. I'm not dickriding the Lakers. I just see things from my prospective. ;)