Author Topic: a prayer for consolation  (Read 203 times)

Miss NWA Whoorider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Suge Knight workson the streets as my HO
a prayer for consolation
« on: March 21, 2002, 07:00:37 AM »
CONSOLATION

Holy Spirit, You are the nourishment of our spiritual needs. Only You,
as You come, induce us to the practice of prayer.

Sometimes, like today, the wish to pray gets weak because we get depressed when we submerge ourselves relentlessly in the darkness of the faith while compulsively increasing the wish to touch and see something
that gives us the strength and trust. We get more desperate when
nothing happens and the silence gets amplified and eternal.

At this moment, blow over us with strength and lift us, don't let us
fall, please.

Come Holy Spirit, make your clear rain soak us with the eternal
desire so in our hearts we can have only one goal: to feel your
INFINITE MERCY.

Come. Help us to walk, heal our hearts. Fortify us, encourage us,
break the hardness of our feelings of pride and sufficiency so we can
give up the daily attachments, to make Your will, to know how to
discern and essentially accomplish what is so difficult for us: the
spontaneous and sincere attitude of being open to the sweetness and
crosses of the Kingdom.

Spirit for Whom everything is possible because you knew how to
listen to the Father and to the Son, give us daily energy and strength
to face the events and to read them all as teaching and transforming
messages from the One who loves us indefatigably. Spirit, Messenger and
Mediator, don't let that our human nature, selfish and capricious,
can determine our personality. By the contrary, fight it where it is
strong and use our weak points to eliminate the attitudes and behavior
that separate us from the kingdom and let us enjoy the wonders
that come from the grace and the sanctity.

May Your grace allows us to take time to have a prayerful and
persevering attitude. That we don't get discouraged by the apparent
silence of God, because He always says that not one prayer is lost.
Make that we believe this at all time. Nothing is wasted, absolutely
nothing.

Spirit of light and wisdom, dwell in us and give us the grace of being
certain that You always answer and that You help us always even when
we don't realize it.

Do not fret because of evil men or be envious of those who do wrong;
for like the grass they will soon wither, like green plants they will
soon die away. Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and
enjoy safe pasture. Delight yourself in the LORD and He will give you
the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the LORD; trust in Him and He will do this: He will
make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause
like the noonday sun.
Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when
men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.
Refrain from anger, turn away from wrath; fret not, for it only
leads to evil.” (Psalm 37:1-8)

Luke 10:1-9

After this the Lord appointed seventy-two other disciples and sent them two by two ahead of him to every town and place, where he himself was to go. And he said to them, The harvest is rich, but the workers are few. So you must ask the Lord of the harvest to send workers to his harvest. Courage! I am sending you like lambs among wolves. Set off without purse or bag or sandals; and o not stop at the homes of those you know.

Whatever house you enter, first bless them saying: Peace to this house. I a friend of peace lives there, the peace shall rest upon that person. But if not, the blessing will return to you. Stay en that house eating and drinking at their table, for the worker deserves to be paid. Do not move from house to house.

When they welcome you in any town, eat what they offer you. Heal the sick who are there and say to them: The kingdom of God has drawn near to you.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
don't quote mre boy I ain't said shit "yet"

Miss NWA Whoorider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: a prayer for consolation
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2002, 07:06:05 AM »
CONSOLATION

Holy Spirit, You are the nourishment of our spiritual needs. Only You,
as You come, induce us to the practice of prayer.

Sometimes, like today, the wish to pray gets weak because we get depressed when we submerge ourselves relentlessly in the darkness of the faith while compulsively increasing the wish to touch and see something
that gives us the strength and trust. We get more desperate when
nothing happens and the silence gets amplified and eternal.

At this moment, blow over us with strength and lift us, don't let us
fall, please.

Come Holy Spirit, make your clear rain soak us with the eternal
desire so in our hearts we can have only one goal: to feel your
INFINITE MERCY.

Come. Help us to walk, heal our hearts. Fortify us, encourage us,
break the hardness of our feelings of pride and sufficiency so we can
give up the daily attachments, to make Your will, to know how to
discern and essentially accomplish what is so difficult for us: the
spontaneous and sincere attitude of being open to the sweetness and
crosses of the Kingdom.

Spirit for Whom everything is possible because you knew how to
listen to the Father and to the Son, give us daily energy and strength
to face the events and to read them all as teaching and transforming
messages from the One who loves us indefatigably. Spirit, Messenger and
Mediator, don't let that our human nature, selfish and capricious,
can determine our personality. By the contrary, fight it where it is
strong and use our weak points to eliminate the attitudes and behavior
that separate us from the kingdom and let us enjoy the wonders
that come from the grace and the sanctity.

May Your grace allows us to take time to have a prayerful and
persevering attitude. That we don't get discouraged by the apparent
silence of God, because He always says that not one prayer is lost.
Make that we believe this at all time. Nothing is wasted, absolutely
nothing.

Spirit of light and wisdom, dwell in us and give us the grace of being
certain that You always answer and that You help us always even when
we don't realize it.

Do not fret because of evil men or be envious of those who do wrong;
for like the grass they will soon wither, like green plants they will
soon die away. Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and
enjoy safe pasture. Delight yourself in the LORD and He will give you
the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the LORD; trust in Him and He will do this: He will
make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause
like the noonday sun.
Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when
men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.
Refrain from anger, turn away from wrath; fret not, for it only
leads to evil.” (Psalm 37:1-8)

Luke 10:1-9

After this the Lord appointed seventy-two other disciples and sent them two by two ahead of him to every town and place, where he himself was to go. And he said to them, The harvest is rich, but the workers are few. So you must ask the Lord of the harvest to send workers to his harvest. Courage! I am sending you like lambs among wolves. Set off without purse or bag or sandals; and o not stop at the homes of those you know.

Whatever house you enter, first bless them saying: Peace to this house. I a friend of peace lives there, the peace shall rest upon that person. But if not, the blessing will return to you. Stay en that house eating and drinking at their table, for the worker deserves to be paid. Do not move from house to house.

When they welcome you in any town, eat what they offer you. Heal the sick who are there and say to them: The kingdom of God has drawn near to you.

Matthew 5:4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

Matthew 5:10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 5:11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

Matthew 5:12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Matthew 10:29 Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father.

Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Luke 6:21 Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh.

Luke 6:22 Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.

Luke 7:13 And when the Lord saw her, he had compassion on her, and said unto her, Weep not.

John 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever.

John 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

John 16:20 Verily, verily, I say unto you, That ye shall weep and lament, but the world shall rejoice: and ye shall be sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.

Romans 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

Romans 8:36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

Romans 8:39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 12:12 Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer.

Romans 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

2 Corinthians 1:4 Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

2 Corinthians 1:5 For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ.

2 Corinthians 4:9 Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed.

2 Corinthians 4:16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

2 Corinthians 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Galatians 6:2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

2 Thessalonians 1:7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels.

2 Thessalonians 2:16 Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace.

2 Thessalonians 2:17 Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work.

2 Timothy 4:17 Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion.

Hebrews 2:18 For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

Hebrews 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Hebrews 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.

Hebrews 12:4 Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

Hebrews 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Hebrews 13:6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

James 1:12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

James 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

1 Peter 4:13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Miss NWA Whoorider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2002, 07:07:40 AM »
Come, O Holy Spirit, come!
From the clear celestial home
Thy pure beaming radiance give.

Come, Thou Father of the poor,
Come, with treasures which endure
Come, Thou Light of all that live!

Thou, of all consolers best,
Thou, the soul's delightful Guest,
Thou, refreshing peace bestow.

Thou in toil art comfort sweet;
Pleasant coolness in the heat;
Solace in the midst of woe.

O most blessed Light divine,
Let Thy radiance in us shine,
And our inmost being fill.

If Thou take thy grace away,
Nothing pure in us will stay,
All our good is turned to ill.

Heal our wounds, our strength renew,
On our dryness pour Thy dew,
Wash the stains of guilt away.

Bend the stubborn heart and will,
Melt the frozen, warm the chill,
Guide the steps that go astray.

Thou, on us who evermore,
Thee confess and Thee adore,
With thy sevenfold gift descend.

Give us virtue's rich increase,
Saving grace to die in peace,
Give us joys that never end. Amen. Alleluia.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Come, O Creator Spirit blest!
And in our souls take up Thy rest;
Come with Thy grace and heavenly aid,
To fill the hearts which Thou hast made.

Great Paraclete! To Thee we cry,
O highest gift of God most high!
O font of life! O fire of love!
And sweet anointing from above.

Thou in Thy sevenfold gifts art known,
The finger of God's hand we own;
The promise of the Father, Thou!
Who dost the tongue with power endow.

Kindle our senses from above,
And make our hearts overflow with love;
With patience firm and virtue high
The weakness of our flesh supply.

Far from us drive the foe we dread,
And grant us Thy true peace instead;
So shall we not, with Thee for guide,
Turn from the path of life aside.

Oh, may Thy grace on us bestow
The Father and the Son to know,
And Thee, through endless times confessed,
Of both, the eternal Spirit blest.

All glory while the ages run
Be to the Father and the Son
Who rose from death; the same to Thee,
O Holy Ghost, eternally. Amen.

Matthew 5:10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 5:11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

Matthew 5:12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Matthew 10:29 Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father.

Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Luke 6:21 Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh.

Luke 6:22 Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.

Luke 7:13 And when the Lord saw her, he had compassion on her, and said unto her, Weep not.

John 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever.

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

John 16:20 Verily, verily, I say unto you, That ye shall weep and lament, but the world shall rejoice: and ye shall be sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.

Romans 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

Romans 8:36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

Romans 8:39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 12:12 Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer.

Romans 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

2 Corinthians 1:4 Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

2 Corinthians 1:5 For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ.

2 Corinthians 4:16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

2 Corinthians 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

2 Thessalonians 1:7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels.

2 Thessalonians 2:16 Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace.

2 Thessalonians 2:17 Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work.

2 Timothy 4:17 Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion.

Hebrews 2:18 For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

Hebrews 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Hebrews 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.

Hebrews 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Hebrews 13:6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

James 1:12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

James 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

1 Peter 4:13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

Miss NWA Whoorider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2002, 07:08:07 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Far from us drive the foe we dread,
And grant us Thy true peace instead;
So shall we not, with Thee for guide,
Turn from the path of life aside.

Oh, may Thy grace on us bestow
The Father and the Son to know,
And Thee, through endless times confessed,
Of both, the eternal Spirit blest.

All glory while the ages run
Be to the Father and the Son
Who rose from death; the same to Thee,
O Holy Ghost, eternally. Amen.