Author Topic: Chamillionaire:"I Gotta Hit A Home Run Or I Probably Won't Be Doing This Anymore  (Read 547 times)

Elano

On the eve of the release of the "Mixtape Messiah 5," SOHH caught up with Chamillionaire to talk about his upcoming major label album, Venom, and why it may be his last.
Less than 3 months after dropping the "Mixtape Messiah 4" Chamillionaire will release the fifth installment of the popular series on November 23rd.  The Houston based rapper told SOHH that he's pushing out street music in hopes that his fans will reciprocate by purchasing his upcoming, Universal Records release, Venom.

"My thing is OK I'ma give y'all what y'all want," he said. "All y'all have to do is just support my records when they come out. Support my album because honestly this time around I gotta hit a home run.  If I don't, I'm very realistic with myself.  I probably won't be doing this," Chamillionaire revealed.

Though his second studio album, Ultimate Victory, was well received by critics and Chamillionaire says he made money off of it, the LP only sold 79,000 copies its first week.  "I could say that I don't care about sales but I won't be here if I don't start caring," he said.  "The way that this world works, success is the only thing that people remember. So whatever people call success, I need that."

In order to make this third full-length album a success, Cham is planning to shed his nice, humble rapper image and instead take on the persona of a rapper who was bit by a venomous spider.  "Honestly a lot of times people don't' pay attention to that guy.  The good guy gets overlooked, " he said.  "I'm coming with the venom.  I'm not playing no games."

Venom does not have a release date as of yet but Cham has already been collaborating with producers who make "commercially street music," like DJ Montae, Drumma Boy, the J.U.S.T.I.C.E.League and Mannie Fresh. He also tapped Atlanta rapper Ludacris to appear on the first single, "Creepin' (Solo)."

Chamillionaire says that Venom has an "element of danger" but that doesn't mean that he'll be reneging on his policy of not using curse words in his music.

"I will never go back on that," he said.  "When I say something I don't change it.  I don't want to make a big campaign out of it [but] I'm a man of morals.  If you don't stand for something in this world then what the heck is your purpose?"

For now, Chamillionaire thinks that his purpose is to provide his fans with catchy original music but if Venom is not a big success he won't hesitate to move on to another means of making money.

"I'm a hustler, I'ma get money but I'ma move on to something that's gonna make money," he admitted.  "Right now music does make money for me.  I still get big checks but when they stop then I can't say I'm still gon' be doing this.

"Mixtape Messiah 5" will be available on Sunday November 23rd.

Elano

why he's so worried about the new album ?

penenstamp

Why do you wonder why he's so worried?

Elano

because from this article,he "looks" worried  ::)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 05:28:49 AM by The Krasnoe Dinamo »

penenstamp

because from this article,he "look" worried  ::)

Does he not have reason to be worried? And why?

Elano

because from this article,he "look" worried  ::)

Does he not have reason to be worried? And why?

go play with somebody else mauzip

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
He's worried because his 2nd album flopped.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!

His last album was fantastic but marred by the fact that curse words were censored and nothing replaced them so instead gaps in the music occurred, that was what ultimately stopped me from buying his last album and I am sure there are many people who did not purchase the album for the same reason.

Þŕiņçë

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Cold Hearted Son Of A Bitch
Dont care for him. Not because i dont like his music. But because i was calling myself Chamilleon for the longest time then this fag comes out and steals my fuckin name.

J. Bryson

• Muthafuckin' OG

His last album was fantastic but marred by the fact that curse words were censored and nothing replaced them so instead gaps in the music occurred, that was what ultimately stopped me from buying his last album and I am sure there are many people who did not purchase the album for the same reason.

not really, there's only curses on 2 different songs, "rockstar" and "pimp mode." chamillionaire doesn't curse, lil wayne and bun b did the cursing on that album. definitely not a reason to refuse to buy an album.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^Devin cursed too, on Rocky Road. I'm not sure about Famous and Bone. Anyways, it's quite retarded to straight up mute out that shit. Either thell them niggas that they simply should not curse, or don't mute it out.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

J. Bryson

• Muthafuckin' OG
^Devin cursed too, on Rocky Road. I'm not sure about Famous and Bone. Anyways, it's quite retarded to straight up mute out that shit. Either thell them niggas that they simply should not curse, or don't mute it out.

but is that really a reason to refuse to buy an album? still not that much cursing, not a big deal, maybe it's just me.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
i think hes just playin so ppl buy the album.

Lunatic

Pimp C cursed as well on "welcome to the south."

it's not a big deal to me..there was very few clean moments.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
It bugged me... but it wasn't Chams fault. He never wanted to do a completely clean album, he just wanted his own raps to be clean. The label jumped on it though.

Famous cursed, I think he said no homo or something. Krayzie didn't (surprisingly)