Author Topic: Pujols wins NL MVP  (Read 257 times)

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
Pujols wins NL MVP
« on: November 17, 2008, 11:24:25 AM »
Pujols powers way to 2nd NL MVP award

NEW YORK (AP)—St. Louis Cardinals star Albert Pujols has won his second National League Most Valuable Player award.

Pujols won by a comfortable margin over Philadelphia slugger Ryan Howard. Milwaukee’s Ryan Braun was third and Los Angeles outfielder Manny Ramirez came in fourth after playing just two months with the Dodgers.

Pujols hit .357 with 37 home runs and 116 RBIs despite playing much of the season with a sore right elbow. The Cardinals finished fourth in the NL Central.

The St. Louis baseman got 18 of the 32 first-place votes. He also won the award in 2005.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

thisoneguy360

Re: Pujols wins NL MVP
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 01:41:56 PM »
At least he won't bitch about not winning it this year.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 03:07:15 PM »
id give it to Howard, but Pujols had some pretty deserving numbers...

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 03:15:18 PM »
Los Angeles outfielder Manny Ramirez came in fourth after playing just two months with the Dodgers.

Fucking voters are stupid

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 04:08:25 PM »
Manny will win MVP for us in 09.  :bandit:

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

thisoneguy360

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 04:32:26 PM »
Los Angeles outfielder Manny Ramirez came in fourth after playing just two months with the Dodgers.

Yeah I would've given it to Manny, so what if he was only there for half the season, everyone saw what he did with that team.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 04:39:28 PM »
id bitch but we got a world series championship, plus albert deserved it more

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2008, 04:49:11 PM »

Yeah I would've given it to Manny, so what if he was only there for half the season, everyone saw what he did with that team.

Sorry to say, but you are so wrong.  Pujols had a stretch longer than Manny where he put up better numbers than Ramirez when he was with L.A., he just didn't get the attention because well he didn't get traded to a different team when that streak occured. 

thisoneguy360

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2008, 04:55:00 PM »

Sorry to say, but you are so wrong.  Pujols had a stretch longer than Manny where he put up better numbers than Ramirez when he was with L.A., he just didn't get the attention because well he didn't get traded to a different team when that streak occured. 

LOL I thought you were saying he deserved it. Fair enough. Honestly, I don't pay a whole lot of attention to the NL but imo Ramirez played well enough to get it but whatever, Pujols had a great season too.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2008, 05:00:01 PM »

LOL I thought you were saying he deserved it. Fair enough. Honestly, I don't pay a whole lot of attention to the NL but imo Ramirez played well enough to get it but whatever, Pujols had a great season too.

lol i see.  I understand how people feel that way with Manny, but I gotta say that he just went into his best stretch of the year at the right time you know.  Other elite hitters had a similar stretch.  Ryan Howard had it in the last two months too.  Basically, the reason why elite/MVP type of hitters are there because they give you great numbers throughout the season but they are also capable of putting up GODlike numbers.  So even though Pujols had GODlike numbers earlier in the season it doesn't match with Manny's GODlike numbers because his numbers came right after a trade.  Meh, I'm just rambling now.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2008, 05:47:18 PM »
^it woulda been cool if Manny & CC won MVP & Cy Young for just half a season though.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2008, 08:16:07 PM »
^it woulda been cool if Manny & CC won MVP & Cy Young for just half a season though.

without manny, the dodgers probably wouldnt have made the playoffs....without sabathia the brewers probably wouldnt have made it to the playoffs.

they both deserve something...and theyll get that something when they sign their new contracts. lol

Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2008, 03:31:42 PM »

without manny, the dodgers probably wouldnt have made the playoffs....without sabathia the brewers probably wouldnt have made it to the playoffs.

they both deserve something...and theyll get that something when they sign their new contracts. lol

your damn right CC is gettin something when he signs his 140 for six years. :)

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2008, 06:35:51 PM »
yankees will get CC bitches
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2008, 06:49:57 PM »
why hasnt he signed yet??

i doubt anyone is gonna match that offer...so whats the hold up?

maybe he doesnt want to play for the yankees? lol