Author Topic: How Many Of Y'all...(Digital Download Related)  (Read 1008 times)

Lunatic

Re: How Many Of Y'all...(Digital Download Related)
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2008, 12:48:25 PM »
What I want to know is if those CD's on Amazon and other sites are legit and if the sales go back to the artist or not?  Cause I rather purchase a CD directly from Bishop or Taje or Indef to make sure they get their money.
to my knowledge, yes the artists make a good amount of money via digital sales..
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

penenstamp

« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2008, 12:49:46 PM »
What I want to know is if those CD's on Amazon and other sites are legit and if the sales go back to the artist or not?  Cause I rather purchase a CD directly from Bishop or Taje or Indef to make sure they get their money.
to my knowledge, yes the artists make a good amount of money via digital sales..

uh... not if there's a major record label involved

Lunatic

« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2008, 12:50:24 PM »

well if u have a digital distribution deal (as Crooked I does), then u make a good % of paper from your sales..

penenstamp

« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2008, 12:52:17 PM »

well if u have a digital distribution deal (as Crooked I does), then u make a good % of paper from your sales..

that all depends on the contract they sign

an independent artist probably does. usher for example doesn't make shit from record/digital sales.

Birdie

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2008, 12:56:38 PM »
fuck digital, i still buy cds

That's the word mayne!

Fuck all those digital downloads, I've never paid for an mp3. But I paid hella money for hard copies, CDs or LPs, never mind. Digital downloads are killing the whole music industry. Wake your ass up and go out for the hard copies, it's way better. Your PC will fuck up and all those digital downloads won't be yours no more.

It's a bit overstated, but ain't that true?
It's funky enough!

Paul

« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2008, 01:54:58 PM »
fuck digital, i still buy cds

That's the word mayne!

Fuck all those digital downloads, I've never paid for an mp3. But I paid hella money for hard copies, CDs or LPs, never mind. Digital downloads are killing the whole music industry. Wake your ass up and go out for the hard copies, it's way better. Your PC will fuck up and all those digital downloads won't be yours no more.

It's a bit overstated, but ain't that true?

if my laptop fucks up i will lose alot of shit, im tryna get most of the albums i have on the laptop on disc
funkyfreshintheflesh

Chad Vader

« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2008, 02:20:18 PM »
I for the most part like hard copies with inserts and booklets, etc.

I purchased Khayree´s shit because it's only available digitally....  :-\ :-[ (and no free links to be found)

.If Bishop, Taje, Indef etc.. all put out their most recent mixtape/street albums in hard copy form with the covers and all.. I'd buy all of them.

you can find hardcopies of Bishop on amazon (I got 3 of them,only missing Pope Mobile).

What I want to know is if those CD's on Amazon and other sites are legit and if the sales go back to the artist or not?
Cause I rather purchase a CD directly from Bishop or Taje or Indef to make sure they get their money.

Legit? Yes and no.
As far I can tell Caltroit is legit,Nigger Noize and The Confessional is not. But I like hard copies with booklet so....  :P
I also bought cd´s from Young Maylay,Crazy Toones and Hittman on Amazon,they all look legit.

Related thread;
The Positive Effect Music Downloading Has Had On The Music Industry
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 03:47:10 PM by Chad Vader »

Lunatic

« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2008, 03:22:57 PM »
good to see many of y'all supportin' digital..

akcranker - The Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2008, 03:31:45 PM »

I purchased Khayree´s shit because it's only available digitally....  :-\ :-[ (and no free links to be found)

.If Bishop, Taje, Indef etc.. all put out their most recent mixtape/street albums in hard copy form with the covers and all.. I'd buy all of them.

you can find hardcopies of Bishop on amazon (I got 3 of them,only missing Pope Mobile).

What I want to know is if those CD's on Amazon and other sites are legit and if the sales go back to the artist or not?
Cause I rather purchase a CD directly from Bishop or Taje or Indef to make sure they get their money.

Legit? Yes and no.
As far I can tell Caltroit is legit,Nigger Noize and The Confessional is not. But I like hard copies with booklet so....  :P
I also bought cd´s from Young Maylay,Crazy Toones and Hittman on Amazon,they all look legit.

Related thread;
[/color]

But my question is how do you truely know if that money is going to go back to the artists?  Some of those CD's on Amazon look like some bootleg shit that isn't put on there by the artist.  I don't want to buy that shit and have the money goto some dude that is not associated with the artist.

Lunatic

« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2008, 03:32:50 PM »
^well even Butch Cassidy was praising Itunes and digital sales to me yesterday; he said he makes $7-8$ off digital sales while only about 50 cents on hard copies..

Ese Torsido

« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2008, 03:57:13 PM »
Interesting. I recall hearing a Mr. Shadow interview conducted by Chrymes. He said he made $35,000+ off the trunk of his car. No label, no distribution, nothing. It was all self-made. And this was before the digital revolution made headlines all across the globe.

CD pressing is becoming very expensive now, due to the shift in presentation. There's the casing, the album booklet, the transfer from computer to compact disc, all of which may cease to exist come the next few years. Just like how cathode-ray tubes are being phased out and replaced by LCDs for television (and analog getting switched over to digital for the U.S. might I add). With digital distribution, there's no shipping and stocking. Artists don't need to worry about being shelved anymore because the digital format breaks these barriers without even breaking into the vault.

If there's one thing I'm going to miss, it's the album booklet. Producers, mixers, masters, recorders and all those guys - they're the ones biting the dust in means of being credited.

You know what? I just came up with a new topic.

Chad Vader

« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2008, 04:23:23 PM »

Legit? Yes and no.

Related thread;

But my question is how do you truely know if that money is going to go back to the artists?
Some of those CD's on Amazon look like some bootleg shit that isn't put on there by the artist.
I don't want to buy that shit and have the money goto some dude that is not associated with the artist.

You´re right some of the shit looks a little shiesty.... I can´t tell if the money goes to the artist or not.

JRK

• 'G'
  • WarDoggz - Diocese/TakeOff
GIVE ME MONEY, GIVE ME PUSSY!!!

Twitter "http://twitter.com/LetsGoJRK"

Shade Sheist™

• PYO Entertainment
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.ShadeSheist.net
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2008, 05:42:37 PM »
Fasho Fam..

You do realize I said World though.. not US..
and the article u posted factors in physical cd sales as well..

Amazon Digital dominates on a worldwide scale.. for the digital market that is.

Peace & Respect
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 05:46:05 PM by Shade Sheist™ »
New Album "BLACKOPS" Coming Soon
-------------------------------------------
Official Site: www.ShadeSheist.net
Music: www.GFUNKISFOREVER.net
Twitter: www.twitter.com/shade_sheist
Facebook: www.facebook.com/shadesheistfan
YouTube: www.youtube.com/ishadesheist

Jome

« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2008, 05:47:24 PM »
^^ But Amazon MP3 is only available in U.S.... ??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon_MP3