Author Topic: couple of questions about Dre's what the difference...  (Read 1377 times)

BIGWORM

Re: couple of questions about Dre's what the difference...
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2008, 10:13:38 PM »
he was dissing coming back at ren.

Don Seer

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2008, 07:59:43 AM »
thats abit strange considering Ren was on 2001 on some LA niggaz and was meant to be on bang bang

The track was recorded before they got cool again.... the What's The Difference OG leaked a year or so before the album dropped.

Word...

...if you remember that old Dreday site we used to go to, they hooked me up with 3 songs nearly a year before the album came out. 

I had an OG version of "What's the Difference" with Em and Dre which has a trimmed down version of the beat and a little bit different outro...and I also had the OG version of "What's the Difference" with Hittman.  I loved the songs at the time and bumped them nearly everyday for a year straight, every morning when I would wake up for my junior year of highschool.  Then the album came out and I realized those were the two hottest joints on the album.  I think Xzibit did add some energy to the song, so the updated version was a little hotter.

Another song they had up at the website was "Kim" which would end up on the Marshall Mathers LP nearly a year later.

in the dre bio its claimed hittman didnt like his verse on there and made dre remove him

GottiValentino

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2008, 02:57:42 PM »
one of my favorite songs from one of my favorite albums

wish it was released as a single :-\

harrison5394

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2008, 03:36:57 PM »
"talkin like they (voice sample)"

what does the voice sample say and who is it? I can never tell, and lyrics never show it.

GottiValentino

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2008, 04:19:21 PM »
"talkin like they (voice sample)"

what does the voice sample say and who is it? I can never tell, and lyrics never show it.
The original version of "What's The Difference" features Hittman instead of Xzibit and Dre is sayin "Claimin that they non-violent, talkin like they Ruthless".
I'll hook up the original version if somebody needs it.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2008, 05:37:28 PM »
Another hookup from another site please.

kemizt

Okka

BJV

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2008, 06:15:32 PM »
They left in the Dre diss to Ren even after Dre and Ren had made up. Ren was ok with it.

But then they cut Ren's verse from Some LA Niggaz for the final release, he's still on the intro tho

In Dre's defense, Ren probably spit some garbage about black power, real niggaz and fucking girls with broomsticks :laugh:

hellrazor86

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • There Can Only Be One Don
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2008, 12:41:52 AM »
another prove that Ren was a dick suckin idiot.. i got luv for him as an artist.. but when it comes to his personality.. then he a dumb ass..

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2008, 02:41:43 AM »
Props Okka.

kemizt