Author Topic: K. Sparks Interview  (Read 59 times)

Lunatic

K. Sparks Interview
« on: November 23, 2008, 12:55:45 PM »
http://illuminati2g.webs.com/ksparksinterview.htm

We chopped it up with another ill MC doing the most at the moment, K. Sparks for a exclusive interview. We discuss one of the best songs I have heard this year, Hip Hop, his thoughts on hip hop right now, his Maniac Mondays series. Wait till you hear the concept. Check it out

K. Sparks- Hip Hop

http://www.zshare.net/audio/51754941423d876a/

Illuminati 2G is here with K Sparks how's it going?

Everything is great, no complaints at all. Shout out to Illuminati 2G for taking the time to build with me.

How did you get your start in the game and who are some of your musical influences?

I first got started in the music industry around 15 years old. One of my friends that had a small set up in his house told me to come through and record some music. That was my first time recording any music and it came out dope. After that I started performing at various talent show venues and eventually started recording. A lot of my musical influences vary, I like all kinds of artist that are not limited to Hip Hop. I like Miles Davis, Billie Holiday, Nas, Ras Kass, The Bush Babies, Chino XL, and etc.

How would you best describe you style on the mic?

Eclectic. My music is all over the place. I don't make one type of music. I make everything from Jazz Hip Hop Fusion to traditional Hip Hop Music. I like being diverse because I can flip any kind of record.

Let's get right into your new single, Hip Hop. This is a INCREDIBLE song man, big ups for doing it. It is a breath of fresh air. How did the song come together?

One of my Producers (Moe Productions) gave me a beat CD, and on it was a beat called "Love is Love". Myself and my engineer Drew were driving back from Brooklyn to Queens and listened to the Beat CD. Once that beat came on we were like "oooooooooh shit!". By the time we got back to Queens I already had the hook and the concept for Hip Hop. The song came out exactly like I wanted. The state of music right now is terrible. I wanted to create a record that gives props to Hip Hop. It has become so watered down due to industry politics and other negative forces that it was time for me to stand up and make a record that paid homage to the art form.

Is this single a good representation of your album and when do you plan on dropping it? Yes, my album will be real music that all people can relate to. I pride myself on making awesome music that has something for everyone. I don't cater to one genre, and at the end of the day that's why most people relate to my content because there is always something that they can relate to. As far as a release date, we are slated for a 2009 Summer release date. Major labels are showing interest so when I sign with a major that date can change. But as of now the time frame is Summer 2009.

How would you say it is different from your last album Eclectic?

I see you have been doing your homework (laughs). To be honest, the main difference is that Eclectic was divided into 4 Chapters (Chapter 1 Party and Bullshit, Chapter 2 Jazz and Blues, Chapter 3 Back Pack Rapper, and Chapter 4 Neo Soul). When my album drops it will have that same vibe in terms of diverse content/styles of music but it won't be divided into Chapters. It will be Eclectic as well but not broken up into chapters.

Speaking of hip hop, what are your thoughts on it right now?

Hip Hop sucks. The art form has become more of a business and less of an artform. There are so many politics that go into music that it is pathetic. Many talented artist never get to be heard based on the politics. This industry is based on who you know. It is no longer based on talent. In order to succeed you have to have the right connects. However, the good part about Hip Hop is that presently artist have the opprotunity to take their careers to the next level by utilizing the internet to the fullest. The smart artist take advantage while other artist will phaze themselves out slowly.

What about the music coming from New York lately. What is your thoughts on it?

Terrible. New York is a hateful city. Everyone raps, everyone has a crew, and everyone trys to block and cut off other artist on the come up. The New York Underground artist try to blame the New York Mainstream artist as the reason why "New York fell off". When in actuality everyone is a part of the problem. The Mainstream artist have essentially created a situation where they are old emcees that refuse to move over and let the younger generation come into the game. Why? Because when you are old your greatest fear is to become irrelevant. These old rappers refuse to acknowledge that their time has came and went. However, there is also a flip side to the coin. Because the younger Underground Rappers in New York are salty due to the fact they are still not making mainstream money. Then they start feeling themselves as well and start thinking they are the elite saviors of that can save the game. Meanwhile they haven't sold any records or achieved anything except winning a few Underground Music Awards? The bottom line is that the New York music scene is fucked up from the mainstream to the underground and it's time for a change on all levels.

Complete this sentence. Hip hop is missing _____.

That's easy, Hip Hop is missing "K. Sparks".

What is the best way people can get a hold of you or check out your music?

People can get a hold of me many ways. The first way they can do that is by hitting up Tiff Wells via E-Mail at Ksparksmusic@gmail.com or Incrowdbiz@aol.com. Or they can log on to www.Myspace.com/Ksparksmusic to hear new music. I recently started a series called "Manic Mondays". So every Monday for an entire year I will be releasing a new original song straight to the internet for free download. We are now on Week 13. For everyone that has missed the previous weeks they can still get the music, all they have to do is go online and they'll find it.

Appreciate the time K, we will have to do it again real soon. You have definitely gained a new fan, you are a great representation of a mc that is a student of the craft. Is there any last words or shoutouts you want to get out there?

Thanks for building with me. Shout out to the entire Double Up Entertainment family. And also all of the fans, DJ's, and websites that support my music.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Re: K. Sparks Interview
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 01:47:56 PM »
That hip hop single is CRAZY yall. This guy is dope as fuck.

Lunatic

Re: K. Sparks Interview
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 05:45:02 PM »
That hip hop single is CRAZY yall. This guy is dope as fuck.
ya, its a hot ass record.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com