Poll

Who made the "W" famous....2Pac, or the Westside Connection?

2Pac
28 (59.6%)
Westside Connection
19 (40.4%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: Who made the "W" what it was?  (Read 2009 times)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Re: Who made the "W" what it was?
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2008, 07:31:17 PM »
kam brought it to the game and when pac got out he made it almost like a household name.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

acgrundy

« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2008, 07:47:33 PM »
The topic is who made the W what it was, not who was the first to ever throw it up.  Saying kam made the w what it was is just ridiculous.  Pac was wayyy bigger than wsc, got way more video play, and radio play.  Pac was the biggest thing in rap music in 95/96.  Plus having him throwing it up on his album cover gets a shitload more attention than a WSC video.  Seriously, how much did WSC even get video play?  I barely ever saw their vids on tv.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2008, 07:50:32 PM »
The topic is who made the W what it was, not who was the first to ever throw it up.  Saying kam made the w what it was is just ridiculous.  Pac was wayyy bigger than wsc, got way more video play, and radio play.  Pac was the biggest thing in rap music in 95/96.  Plus having him throwing it up on his album cover gets a shitload more attention than a WSC video.  Seriously, how much did WSC even get video play?  I barely ever saw their vids on tv.
they sold almost triple platinum.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

acgrundy

« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2008, 08:00:39 PM »
Pac's album went like 10x platinum or more...AEOM was a way bigger album than WSC.  AEOM is one of the biggest albums in the history of all music.  Not to mention that AEOM came out months before WSC...people everywhere were throwing up the dub before the WSC album dropped, and its not because they saw a WSC music video.

h2k4

« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2008, 08:16:59 PM »

I would agree.  Pac made that shit acceptable for everyone to throw it up and not worry about catching a beat down (in my area it was used as a gang sign).

Chad Vader

« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2008, 12:05:56 AM »

Kokane - Nickel Slick Nigga (video) produced by Cold187um (note that he´s throwing up the "W" already in 91, around 3.04)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/3nziSeX_9PI&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/3nziSeX_9PI&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Related thread;
The official Above The Law thread