Author Topic: Detox; The DubCC show *updates and news thread*"  (Read 16258 times)

Chad Vader

Detox; The DubCC show *updates and news thread*"
« on: November 27, 2008, 04:34:16 AM »
Bishop Lamont Says " Detox Is No Where Near Finished"
http://itshiphop.blogspot.com/2008/10/bishop-lamont-says-detox-is-no-where.html

Well yesterday I posted a video of some dude named DJ Quik talking about how he heard Detox and it already has over 400 songs for it, in short hyping the album. Well today in an interview when asked about the Detox album Bishop Lamont said "Will it happen this year? I don't think so." He also talks some real stuff like how with every year that passes the higher expectations will get its kind of self defeating, he also talks features on Dre's album, read some of the interview below.

Q: Alright, so let's talk Detox. Rumor has it you're supposed to be the Snoop on the project or so your Wikipedia would have me believe. Then again, it also says you're supposed to be the new Hittman, which might not be the ideal scenario for you.

A: That's wikipedia for you. Bless y'all for giving me a Wikipedia page, I've never talked to the guys who made it, but God bless them. Hell, I didn't even know I had a Wikipedia page. As for Detox, it's been a long arduous task. It's the unicorn of albums, Bigfoot, the Loch Ness monster, at times you feel like you're in a lake trying to catch the loch ness. I've got pictures of his fins, he's come up from the water a couple times... What can I say really?

We got a lot of records, Dre isn't satisfied with what he has and the direction. His thing is, where do I fit into the scheme of things. He's 43 now, going to be 44 and it's been eight or nine years waiting. It's like waiting on another Guns N' Roses album, Snoop is on the record. I'd love to be like Hittman, he was on more records than anyone else on Chronic 2001. My position in it is more on the writing side and getting my features. For me, my story doesn't come from Detox, it comes from the Reformation. I'm on the basketball team doing what I gotta' do.

As far as the album goes, its been a serious difficult. The more time passes, the higher expectations get, his gears shift to a higher degree. It's almost self-defeating. He likes a record one day, he doesn't the next. He wants to change his vocals, his words, the whole beat. Will it happen this year? I don't think so.

Q: If it does see the light of day who can we expect to see on it?

A: Of course, the Doc. Focus, Nas...I can't really say all the features, they want to keep that quiet...Kahlil from self scientific, a kid named Kobe who's dope. Melman and Hittman came back, Slim the Mobsta, Earl Hayes, Eminem. Dre, Em and 50
recently went to Florida to work on their records and Em and 50 came back with records for their own albums but nothing for Detox. People are still waiting like its going to a 4th Quarter release but it's nowhere near finished.

Q: Is it difficult to stay focused, having to work simultaneously on Detox and making sure your own album comes out the way you'd like?

A: I don't think there's any artist who can relate to my plight, writing a billion records for Dre and me. Imagine the burnout of trying to write the illest stuff you can write and brainstorm on relevant concepts, running back and forth from back studio to front studio, it's been crazy.

I've been working on The Reformation since I was born-literally, I've been working on it for three years and it can become a burnout. I always look ahead; I've even done records for my second album The Impossible Possible.

Is it Kobe that appears on Crooked´s Block Obama 2?
And what about Earl Hayes? If it´s the same one that appeared on
Young Black Brotha Entertainment presents Constant Drama Original Release Date: June 2, 1998 a couple of years back,he´s tight.

Earl Hayes; Cash Flow produced by Khayree

He also got a mix-tape;
Earl Hayes; 24 songs of power

Earl Hayes; 24 songs of power (not ID3 tagged) download link
+
Earl Hayes; 24 songs of power (ID3 tagged) download link
+
You can also stream it on his site;
http://www.iamhayes.com

Earl Hayes; Gettin' Paper
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/05fdo1QdQkE&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/05fdo1QdQkE&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Introducing..Hayes
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/e-dO14O9KMA&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/e-dO14O9KMA&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Related threads;
the Detox archives topic *reorganised
+
the Ultimate Detox poll: will Dr.Dre deliver a top-quality album this time?
+
Slim The Mobster (audio and interview)
+
Am I the one who ain´t feeling Bishop Lamont?
+
Poll: What's your favorite bishop lamont street album?
+
Hittman (audio and interviews)
+
What will be Aftermath's legacy?
+
Khayree "This Guitar of Mine" Series (Earl Hayes related)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 06:35:51 AM by Vader »

Lunatic

Re: Bishop Lamont Says " Detox Is No Where Near Finished" (interview)
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 04:39:55 AM »
nice :D
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 04:54:49 AM »
some dude named DJ Quik

This nigga just had his rap pass revoked for writing that.

YoungCrookedI

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 05:01:46 AM »
what the fuck is goin on there?????? Dre need more fresh artists,i mean bishop is the only one from the new west...drop crooked i,eastwood,yaboy,glasses,turf talk etc.

David Gutterman

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 05:21:00 AM »
That kid named Kobe who’s dope

4 real he is dope as fuck!

Kobe: Im Not A Rapper mixtape, is fucking amazing!

David Gutterman

« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 05:38:56 AM by David Gutterman »

~Lucien~

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2008, 05:52:30 AM »
''of some dude named DJ Quik''

That interviewer is a moron

smoke562

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2008, 06:18:01 AM »
so detox is no where near finished,.... guess how long its going to take for bishop's album to get released,..... lol
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 06:22:39 AM by LAzoo »

smoke562

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2008, 06:22:57 AM »
YoungCrookedI ,.....

^^
whats up with that pic? is big c style gonna resurrect 19th street records?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2008, 06:23:27 AM »
see, i told you Dre needs counselling

The_Offence

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2008, 06:37:27 AM »
come on people still waiting on detox fuck that shit that album will be a disappointment anyways you'll be expecting way too much from it because of the wait and it won't live up to your expectation  

hellrazor86

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • There Can Only Be One Don
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2008, 07:28:22 AM »
I gotta admit.. I Aint even thinkin bout Detox.. never really did.. too many good talents out there.. I'm satisfied by them (NO HOMO).. so I Don't Need No good doc.

One

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2008, 07:34:16 AM »
see, i told you Dre needs counselling

:P :laugh: you crazy  :laugh:
So what you think off Kobe and Earl Hayes?

Kobe's a hook singer right?
if so, well i've only heard him on the original version of I'll still kill, so i can't really make up my mind.
on the song, he did a lot better job than Akon did on the final version though  ;)

as far as Hayes is concerned; is still Slim's little brother?  :-\
ok ok, introducing hayes was not as bas as the other stuff, but it's still boring :P

The_Offence

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2008, 07:36:57 AM »
I gotta admit.. I Aint even thinkin bout Detox.. never really did.. too many good talents out there.. I'm satisfied by them (NO HOMO).. so I Don't Need No good doc.

One
yea i dunno why people keep crying on here about dude not dropping detox  :-\ like this shit is the only album coming out fuck cares dre ain't  even writing his own lyrics on that shit drake and lil wayne both said they submitted lyrics to dre for detox and you can bet eminem and 50 did there share of writing on that album lol and ill post the interview were this was said if you need the proof so stop crying about this ghost written album

The_Offence

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2008, 07:42:09 AM »
wait wait

allhiphop interview with drake

AllHipHop.com: On “Ransom” both you and Wayne hint at doing some ghostwriting for Dr. Dre’s Detox album.

Drake: Wayne can do something like that because he is Wayne. Wayne set it off, but yeah we both had our little hand in that. Personally I don’t want to burn any bridges; I know I’m not personally supposed to speak on any situations about what I did do and what I didn’t do for that album, let’s just pray it comes out. I can say I had an opportunity to work with Dr. Dre for quite a while.

“I guess this would give away where I’m signing to but when I was sitting with Jimmy Iovine, one of the most important things he said to me was, 'You remind me of Eminem because I’m an old white dude but I can still understand [what] you're saying and it’s so clever and I laugh and I chuckle to myself when I understand your punch lines...'”