1 (2.6%)
2 Ahhhh
2 (5.1%)
1.5 Wak
1 (2.6%)
1 Wick wick wak
3 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: Revisited Scarface's discography  (Read 5452 times)

operation stackola

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Chad Vader's review of Scarface; Emeritus
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2008, 03:09:02 PM »
Don't know much about this K-Rino, but he sounds a lot like David Banner to me.

Well... sure we're talking about the same Banner?  :P
This is K-Rino;

K-Rino; No Mercy No Mercy

Hardest Clique South Park Coalition produced by J.B Money (download link)
+
07 Lord Of The Worlds.m4a (download link)

and this is Banner;
*David Banner; Them Fire Water Boyz* Big fase ent. 2000

06 Living.m4a David Banner,Devin and Crooked Lettaz produced by David Banner (download link)

^^^^ all them tracks is fire,so check em´ out  ;) ^^^^

Yeah, I know all about David Banner (not so much K-Rino, though). He just came off sounding like Banner on that "Who Are They Track" (that Illmind producer really brought this album down for me with his two weak/generic beats-"It's Not A Game" and "Who Are They"). After more listens, I gotta say that N.O. Joe came with the same heat as Nottz. 2 more things I found interesting about this album were 1.) In the liner notes it says "Still Here" was a "song inspired by Ice Cube" and 2.) Face quotes some heavyweights in the rap game "I've shed so many tears and lost so many peers" (2pac), "We don't believe you/you need more people" (Jay-Z), forget what song, but Face quotes Outkast/Goodie Mob's "Git Up, Git Out", and a member of The Product quotes Biggie with that "my nigga 2 teks/he tote 2 teks" verse. Face isn't really known to do this, so I'm thinking these are subliminal messages to the ones in the game he respects/a respectuful gesture for his "final album" (IDK, maybe I'm looking into this too deep, lol). One of the best album's of the year, nonetheless.

If this is truly Face's last album, I have to disagree with the guest spots (would have liked a Geto Boys collab).

This ain't Face's last album,believe me  ;) He has said the same shit for yyyyyyeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrssssssss :P :P :P :P
Hopefully there will be another Geto Boys album as well  ;) Lets cross out fingers

I was hoping to hear this track on the album: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=172765868 Can anyone rip this?

It's sounds cool... but fuck that DJ for fucking it up with all his his tags and what not.  :-X >:( >:( >:( :-[

Who's known to have credible rating systems nowadays? Brings up an interesting topic actually...
Please nobody say XXL lol
pz

We pretty much cover it here; (don't mind the topic title)  ;)
So what west coast albums is missing from The Source Magazines classic list? *POLL*
The tread is basicilly about the biased ass media as a whole (their ratings,reviews,opinions and what not) so join in if you got something on your heart  ;)

operation stackola

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2008, 03:10:37 PM »
Damn, fck'd that up. My reply is 4 quotes up, lol

Chad Vader

« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2008, 03:49:58 PM »
Damn, fck'd that up. My reply is 4 quotes up, lol

Found it,I would have missed it... if you didn´t tell me though  ;)
Yeah, I know all about David Banner (not so much K-Rino, though).
He just came off sounding like Banner on that "Who Are They Track"

Could be....  ;)

(that Illmind producer really brought this album down for me with his two weak/generic beats-"It's Not A Game" and "Who Are They").
After more listens, I gotta say that N.O. Joe came with the same heat as Nottz. 2 more things I found interesting about this album were 1.)
In the liner notes it says "Still Here" was a "song inspired by Ice Cube" and 2.)
Face quotes some heavyweights in the rap game "I've shed so many tears and lost so many peers" (2pac),
"We don't believe you/you need more people" (Jay-Z), forget what song, but Face quotes Outkast/Goodie Mob's "Git Up, Git Out",
and a member of The Product quotes Biggie with that "my nigga 2 teks/he tote 2 teks" verse.
Face isn't really known to do this, so I'm thinking these are subliminal messages to the ones in the game he respects/a respectuful gesture for his "final album" (IDK, maybe I'm looking into this too deep, lol). One of the best album's of the year, nonetheless.

nah... it could be.  ;) interesting never the less  ;)
That would be good question for his next interview. Luna,holla at face  ;)

operation stackola

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2008, 06:24:33 PM »
"Bring me death/cause I've been itchin' to see/if there's an afterlife/aim it at me/cock it and squeeze/pleeease"(Redemption Song)-sickest line from this album (vintage Face)

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2008, 01:18:38 PM »
forgive me

1. Intro: N/A - pretty boring intro
2. High Powered: 2.5/5 - filler imo. the beat isnt interesting at all, and the hook is simply ok, I don't think I'll ever listen to this again
3. Forgot About Me: 3.5/5 - wayne isnt too bad here. his new deliverys still a problem, but I'll give him a pass here. beat isnt great (it could change up some more), but it fits the track. everyone  holds it down, but noones outstanding.
4. Can't Get Right: 4/5 - I've heard this sample a few times in the past. This ones flipped nicely; lots of added elements fill it out here, and bilal is great on the hook. This shouldve been the intro.
5. Still Here: 3/5 - not terrible, but pretty unforgettable.
6. It's Not A Game: 3.5/5 - i like the hook. track drags out for too long, though. neither face nor the beat can hold my attention for three verses
7. Who Are They: 2.5/5 - guy before was right. k-rino sounds like david banner mixed with juvenile/some utp guy. face's verse here was questionable to me, and the beat is boring too. appreciate the features
8. Soldier Story: 4/5 - GREAT beat. Z-Ro comes through on the hook too. who are all these no name rappers, though? Wouldve preferred this to be solo. -.5 for that
9. Redemption Song: 2/5 - yawn.
10. High Note: 3.5/5 - forgive me, but I just dont like scarface. maybe its just his voice. i dont know. that aside, this song isnt that bad. a bit long once again - a feature mightve helped
11. We Need You: 3/5 - is this a diss? if it is then it gets extra points.
12. Unexpected: 3.5/5 - i think face makes these beats seem worse than they are. here the song is kinda boring to me, but I know if i heard a rapper i like on it i'd think it was a pretty good beat. hook and verse are both generic/boring to me
13. Emeritus: 3.5/5 - solid song... not outsanding, but solid
14. Outro: N/A - pretty boring outro. I noticed most of his cds have intros/outros like this though, so theres no reason to stop now

Overall: 3/5

meh. boring beats, and im just not a fan of face - i dont see anything special about his lyrics, or his flow/delivery. the beats here dont help either.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 01:48:15 PM by R1ZE »

Lunatic

« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2008, 01:19:54 PM »
^ wow :-\
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2008, 01:24:47 PM »
cant help it  :-X

Lunatic

« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2008, 01:26:31 PM »
cant help it  :-X
its all good..dude is the g.o.a.t imo..solider story is a 5/5 man..who cares if there "no-name rappers" in your opinion? there dope. and for the record, they ain't no namers..they dropped an album about 2 years ago that was big time critically acclaimed..1 of my fav albums in the last few years..

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2008, 01:27:53 PM »
forgive me

2. High Powered: 2.5/5 - filler imo. the beat isnt interesting at all, and the hook is simply ok, I don't think I'll ever listen to this again
3. Forgot About Me: 3.5/5 - wayne isnt too bad here. his new deliverys still a problem, but I'll give him a pass here. beat isnt great (it could change up some more), but it fits the track. everyone  holds it down, but noones outstanding.
4. Can't Get Right: 4/5 - I've heard this sample a few times in the past. This ones flipped nicely; lots of added elements fill it out here, and bilal is great on the hook. This shouldve been the intro.
6. It's Not A Game: 3.5/5 - i like the hook. track drags out for too long, though. neither face nor the beat can hold my attention for three verses
7. Who Are They: 2.5/5 - guy before was right. k-rino sounds like david banner mixed with juvenile/some utp guy. face's verse here was questionable to me, and the beat is boring too. appreciate the features
8. Soldier Story: 4/5 - GREAT beat. Z-Ro comes through on the hook too. who are all these no name rappers, though? Wouldve preferred this to be solo. -.5 for that
10. High Note: 3.5/5 - forgive me, but I just dont like scarface. maybe its just his voice. i dont know. that aside, this song isnt that bad. a bit long once again - a feature mightve helped
12. Unexpected: 3.5/5 - i think face makes these beats seem worse than they are. here the song is kinda boring to me, but I know if i heard a rapper i like on it i'd think it was a pretty good beat. hook and verse are both generic/boring to me
14. Outro: N/A - pretty boring outro. I noticed most of his cds have intros/outros like this though, so theres no reason to stop now

Overall: 3/5 (maybe.)

meh. boring beats, and im just not a fan of face - i dont see anything special about his lyrics, or his flow/delivery. the beats here dont help either.

Hey thanks for giving your 2 cents on it. Respect your opinion even if I don't feel the same.

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2008, 01:35:52 PM »
^ thanks man.

i really like some rappers that other people hate/think are nothing special, and I know if I heard them spitting these exact same lyrics with the exact same flows over the exact same beats, I'd probably give this album atleast a .5 higher. I think I just have something against face, but I dont know why; I love every collab between him and Jay and UGK. Maybe he just can't hold my attention for a whole album. OR

who cares if there "no-name rappers" in your opinion? there dope.

maybe im just kind of ignorant that way.  :P

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2008, 01:44:25 PM »
forgive me

Overall: 3/5 (maybe.)

Pretty much the same. Never liked him, probably never will, he get's boring very quick. Matter of personal taste I guess.

Lunatic

« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2008, 01:49:53 PM »
^damn

i've done a lot of discographies in my time. there is not an artist i have seen who holds one better than scarface. there are no weak albums in this man's discography, which is why i call em the g.o.a.t..can't say the same for jigga, nas, pac, cube, eminem, snoop, etc.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2008, 01:52:40 PM »
^damn

i've done a lot of discographies in my time. there is not an artist i have seen who holds one better than scarface. there are no weak albums in this man's discography, which is why i call em the g.o.a.t..can't say the same for jigga, nas, pac, cube, eminem, snoop, etc.

I would not put Pac on that list though Luna imo. You got to remember past Makaveli he had no say in the albums that came out after that. Now if they were put out in OG form, I think his catalog is all the better as good if not better. It is as good if not better without them up to Makaveli.

Lunatic

« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2008, 01:54:18 PM »
^damn

I would not put Pac on that list though Luna imo. You got to remember past Makaveli he had no say in the albums that came out after that. Now if they were put out in OG form, I think his catalog is all the better as good if not better. It is as good if not better without them up to Makaveli.

I ain't even countin his post-death albums (Pac). He is the only artist who comes close (not even arguable imo if Snoop, Nas, Cube, Jigga have avg/wack albums). But I still feel some Pac albums had some filler which I felt Face never had.

operation stackola

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2008, 02:30:31 PM »
^damn

Agreed. The only Face album I was disappointed with at first/though it's a great album was "Untouchable"(only 'cause it followed "The Diary"/Scarface's best album, IMO). However, the
"My Homies" albums did have filler (especially 2). But, I don't really count these as Scarface solos.