Author Topic: idiot of the week  (Read 342 times)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
idiot of the week
« on: November 29, 2008, 01:16:17 PM »

Giants' Burress accidentally shot in thigh, treated at hospital

Updated: November 29, 2008, 3:32 PM ET

Giants WR Plaxico Burress Accidentally Shot

New York Giants receiver Plaxico Burress suffered an accidental gunshot wound Friday night at a nightclub, according to multiple sources.

The Giants said Saturday that Burress suffered a wound to his right thigh and was released from a New York hospital early Saturday afternoon. Details of how Burress was shot were not immediately available.

"We are aware of the fact that Plaxico was involved in an apparent accidental shooting last night. We have been in contact with Plaxico since shortly after the incident," the team said in a statement. "Obviously, our primary concern is for Plaxico's health and well-being, and given the circumstances, we are relieved to say he was released from a New York City hospital at approximately 2 p.m. today.

"We have been in touch with NFL Security on this matter. At this point, we are attempting to gather all the facts surrounding this incident. This incident could become a matter for law enforcement officials, and because of that, we have no comment on any of the details."

Giants coach Tom Coughlin told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio, "We have people on the scene trying to gather information, get all the facts, determine exactly what happened. Right now we're concerned about Plaxico and finding out all the details."

A preview of the Week 13 matchup between the Giants and the Redskins.
According to a team official, no determination about Burress' roster status will be made until the facts are gathered. That may not be until sometime next week, or until "the police investigation has been fully realized and completed," Paolantonio reported.

Burress suffered the gunshot wound while at The Latin Quarter, a nightclub in Manhattan, ESPN's Jeremy Schaap reported.

Police sources told Schaap that a report on the incident has not been filed, and detectives had been sent to the hospital and the club to investigate.

Burress, who ruled out for the game against the Washington Redskins on Sunday because of a hamstring injury, was not at team meetings and did not attend the team's Saturday walkthrough.

Phone calls to Burress' home and his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, were not immediately returned, The Associated Press reported.

"We are gathering information, just like everyone else," NFL spokesman Joe Browne said.

In late September, Burress was suspended for a game and fined $117,500 for a violation of team rules, reportedly for failing to appear at a team meeting and failing to notify the team of his absence. At the time, Rosenhaus said that Burress was tending to urgent family matters.

He also was fined $45,000 by the NFL for his conduct during a game against the 49ers in October, when he abused an official and tossed a ball into the stands.

Burress signed a five-year, $35 million contract this fall after helping the Giants win a Super Bowl championship last season.

Despite his lack of practice time, Burress started in the opener against Washington and caught 10 passes for 133 yards. The following week, he had five catches for 81 yards and a touchdown in a win over St. Louis.

The rest of the season has not been as productive. The most passes he has caught in any game since is four, in a loss to Cleveland on Oct. 13, the game that followed his suspension.

Burress has 35 catches for 454 yards and four touchdowns in a season in which he has constantly drawn double coverage. His streak of receptions in 115 consecutive games ended last week in Arizona. He aggravated his hamstring injury during the first series and did not return.

It was the sixth-longest active streak in the league, dating to Nov. 26, 2000 against Cincinnati, Burress' rookie season in Pittsburgh.

Signed as a free agent in 2005, Burress had caught a pass in all 56 previous games in which he had played for the Giants.

underdog

LMAO at Plaxico Burress
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 01:25:59 PM »
ESPN.com news services

Comment
 Email
 Print

Giants WR Plaxico Burress Accidentally ShotNew York Giants receiver Plaxico Burress suffered an accidental gunshot wound Friday night at a nightclub, according to multiple sources.

The Giants said Saturday that Burress suffered a wound to his right thigh and was released from a New York hospital early Saturday afternoon. Details of how Burress was shot were not immediately available.

"We are aware of the fact that Plaxico was involved in an apparent accidental shooting last night. We have been in contact with Plaxico since shortly after the incident," the team said in a statement. "Obviously, our primary concern is for Plaxico's health and well-being, and given the circumstances, we are relieved to say he was released from a New York City hospital at approximately 2 p.m. today.

"We have been in touch with NFL Security on this matter. At this point, we are attempting to gather all the facts surrounding this incident. This incident could become a matter for law enforcement officials, and because of that, we have no comment on any of the details."

Giants coach Tom Coughlin told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio, "We have people on the scene trying to gather information, get all the facts, determine exactly what happened. Right now we're concerned about Plaxico and finding out all the details."

NFL.com Video

A preview of the Week 13 matchup between the Giants and the Redskins.
According to a team official, no determination about Burress' roster status will be made until the facts are gathered. That may not be until sometime next week, or until "the police investigation has been fully realized and completed," Paolantonio reported.

Burress suffered the gunshot wound while at The Latin Quarter, a nightclub in Manhattan, ESPN's Jeremy Schaap reported.

Police sources told Schaap that a report on the incident has not been filed, and detectives had been sent to the hospital and the club to investigate.

Burress, who ruled out for the game against the Washington Redskins on Sunday because of a hamstring injury, was not at team meetings and did not attend the team's Saturday walkthrough.

Phone calls to Burress' home and his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, were not immediately returned, The Associated Press reported.

"We are gathering information, just like everyone else," NFL spokesman Joe Browne said.

In late September, Burress was suspended for a game and fined $117,500 for a violation of team rules, reportedly for failing to appear at a team meeting and failing to notify the team of his absence. At the time, Rosenhaus said that Burress was tending to urgent family matters.

He also was fined $45,000 by the NFL for his conduct during a game against the 49ers in October, when he abused an official and tossed a ball into the stands.

Burress signed a five-year, $35 million contract this fall after helping the Giants win a Super Bowl championship last season.

NFC East blog

Plaxico Burress' bizarre 2008 season has taken another strange turn, writes ESPN.com's Matt Mosley. Blog

• Blog network: NFL Nation
The signing came after an unsettling offseason, during which Burress was fined $25,000 for refusing to practice at a mandatory minicamp in June. He also missed most of training camp at the University at Albany with a sprained ankle. He insisted the injury -- not his contract -- kept him off the field.

Despite his lack of practice time, Burress started in the opener against Washington and caught 10 passes for 133 yards. The following week, he had five catches for 81 yards and a touchdown in a win over St. Louis.

The rest of the season has not been as productive. The most passes he has caught in any game since is four, in a loss to Cleveland on Oct. 13, the game that followed his suspension.

Burress has 35 catches for 454 yards and four touchdowns in a season in which he has constantly drawn double coverage. His streak of receptions in 115 consecutive games ended last week in Arizona. He aggravated his hamstring injury during the first series and did not return.

It was the sixth-longest active streak in the league, dating to Nov. 26, 2000 against Cincinnati, Burress' rookie season in Pittsburgh.

Signed as a free agent in 2005, Burress had caught a pass in all 56 previous games in which he had played for the Giants.

ESPN.com senior writer John Clayton, ESPN's Jeremy Schaap and Sal Paolantonio and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3733021

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: LMAO at Plaxico Burress
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 02:14:38 PM »
ESPN.com news services

Comment
 Email
 Print

Giants WR Plaxico Burress Accidentally ShotNew York Giants receiver Plaxico Burress suffered an accidental gunshot wound Friday night at a nightclub, according to multiple sources.

lol Paxico shot Plaxico

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 02:26:55 PM »
LOL what?

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 02:29:30 PM »
Jack

ASS!
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: idiot of the week
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2008, 02:30:31 PM »
beyond idiot!

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2008, 03:53:51 PM »
the YEAR would be more like it
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2008, 07:18:25 PM »
lmao at plaxico's name being plaxico

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2008, 07:45:53 PM »
yea dude shot himself at the club, i would love to hear more of what happened, seems kinda like cheddar bob from 8 mile

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2008, 07:48:56 PM »
yea dude shot himself at the club, i would love to hear more of what happened, seems kinda like cheddar bob from 8 mile
my boy sent me a text "plax s the real lfe cheddar bob"

i was lke WTF

Rick McCrank

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2008, 07:54:09 PM »
"yea nigga you know I stay strapped"

westsiderider323

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2008, 07:56:13 PM »
haha thats what i was thinkin

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2008, 09:30:49 PM »
 :D Cheddar Bob Burress.  The types of stuff Plexliglass does shouldn't surprise anybody.  He did play for the Michigan State Fartans ya know.  Me being a so cal Michigan football fan felt for so many years that people like or go to Michigan State because they don't have enuff class & morals to be Michigan fans.  Anyone remember when he was a rookie for the Steelers & when he was down & untouched, he spiked the ball into the air & the Jaguar player ran back some knowing it was a live ball?  :D ;D :laugh:
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 10:00:21 PM by DJ SUGAFREE QUIK »

Rick McCrank

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2008, 04:35:55 PM »
what a dope

nobody can come to his defense on this one  :laugh:

there's nothing you could possibly spin about this story

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2008, 05:40:08 PM »
plax's agent says he can play ths year....assuming the law and the giants both LET him