Author Topic: CC Sabathia close to a 7 year deal with Yankees  (Read 705 times)

thisoneguy360

CC Sabathia close to a 7 year deal with Yankees
« on: December 10, 2008, 10:52:46 AM »
Life sucks.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: CC Sabathia close to a 7 year deal with Yankees
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 02:20:00 PM »
Life sucks.

Life is awsome! ;) 8)

the power of the dollar folks, bring on the rest of these free agent starters; LETS SIGN 'EM ALL! 8) 8) 8)

OchoCinco

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 03:55:39 PM »
ya all that money got u far last year ... wat a way to go out in that ball park...choke

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 04:42:52 PM »
dodgers better make a move for fucking jake peavy.

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Rick McCrank

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 04:47:15 PM »
if they get him... who else will they have in the rotation?

I can't remember as of right now

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 05:10:11 PM »

doesn't matter, your so lucky you play in the NL.

its up for grabs year after year.

Rockies, Phillies & if the Dodgers sign Peavy then your a contender.

BUT, Peavy should sign with the Yanks! ;) 8)

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 05:19:34 PM »
i dont think the yankees would want to part with joba...plus, besides joba and hughes, who do they really have, in terms of prospects?

Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 05:28:57 PM »
This is the reason why there needs to be a salary cap in baseball. Who else could offer that much money aside from maybe the Mets, BoSox, or Angels? I suppose it didn't really make much a difference last year seeing as the Yankees were in dead last for a while, but still, it's the principles.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 05:33:01 PM »
This is the reason why there needs to be a salary cap in baseball. Who else could offer that much money aside from maybe the Mets, BoSox, or Angels? I suppose it didn't really make much a difference last year seeing as the Yankees were in dead last for a while, but still, it's the principles.

you dont need to have a huge payroll to win, if you know how to draft and build a good team.  look at the rays, they had a what? like 47M dollar pay roll? thats like two players on the yankees.  and they had a better record than the yanks, sox, and 29 other teams in the MLB...and made it to the WS.

a high payroll doesnt mean shit. 

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2008, 05:38:22 PM »
i dont think the yankees would want to part with joba...plus, besides joba and hughes, who do they really have, in terms of prospects?

no one of real importance, but well buy someone else before the season gets goin.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2008, 05:58:55 PM »

you dont need to have a huge payroll to win, if you know how to draft and build a good team.  look at the rays, they had a what? like 47M dollar pay roll? thats like two players on the yankees.  and they had a better record than the yanks, sox, and 29 other teams in the MLB...and made it to the WS.

I root for the Twins. I know all about small payrolls that win games. But the fact of the matter is, all of this money floating around is significantly affecting the free agent market. Players see what Sabathia and Santana got and want that too. It skews the market. So only NY, Boston, and LA get big name players and the rest of the teams have to rely on the minor league system? That's bullshit. The Yankees struggled more or less because of all the superstar personalities on the team who think they are entitled. The fact that they don't win the World Series year after year is proof those players don't deserve the money they are getting.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2008, 06:59:20 PM »

I root for the Twins. I know all about small payrolls that win games. But the fact of the matter is, all of this money floating around is significantly affecting the free agent market. Players see what Sabathia and Santana got and want that too. It skews the market. So only NY, Boston, and LA get big name players and the rest of the teams have to rely on the minor league system? That's bullshit. The Yankees struggled more or less because of all the superstar personalities on the team who think they are entitled. The fact that they don't win the World Series year after year is proof those players don't deserve the money they are getting.

i hear what your sayin, but look at Tampa...

a bunch of SHITTY years, but a bunch of nice 1st round picks, some key small trades & they find themselves going farther than the Yankees, Redsox & the Angels.

its teams like the Twins though, that get hit the worst. not finishing with all that bad of a record, so you dont get the greatest draft picks/future stars & your not a big enough market team to even try to go against the Yankees or the Angels for those big names...i feel your pain. :-\

...well i dont really feel it ;D, but i understand it. ;)

Rick McCrank

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2008, 01:52:03 AM »
I really don't see the Yankees winning by spending more and more money year after year

I remember when they got Randy Johnson and everyone said it was all over, then lost in the first round

Sabathia is a beast who will win games but my gut feeling tells me the Yankees still won't get far, he won't make a REAL difference if ya know what I mean

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2008, 07:50:44 AM »

CC, Wang, Joba, Phil Hughes and one of: AJ Burnett/Andy Pettite/Derek Lowe

randy johnson was a waste of time, he was ok here but from day 1 i was leary of bringing in a 40 year old lol
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 07:52:27 AM by Hack Wilson »
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2008, 02:19:09 PM »
CC, Wang, Joba Burnett, AJ & either Huges/Lowe/Pettite (Peavy? :D)

name me a better starting 5!