Author Topic: CC Sabathia close to a 7 year deal with Yankees  (Read 707 times)

Rick McCrank

Re: CC Sabathia close to a 7 year deal with Yankees
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2008, 02:25:27 PM »
didn't Burnett sign with the Braves?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2008, 03:22:19 PM »
^na AJ is comin to NY homie. ;) 8)

Rick McCrank

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2008, 03:26:30 PM »
huh... could have sworn I saw something about a 5-year deal with Atlanta

maybe it was just an offer

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2008, 04:04:21 PM »
Report: Yanks, Burnett agree on five-year, $82.5 million deal

BRONX, NEW YORK (TICKER) —A.J. Burnett apparently is set to join CC Sabathia as a high-priced pitcher in pinstripes.

Burnett and the New York Yankees agreed in principle to a five-year, $82.5 million contract Friday, according to multiple reports.

The deal, which was initially reported by FOXSports.com, is pending Burnett’s physical. The Yankees have not commented on the reports.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Ast4MVB4oe1Mfbx19lMCIqwRvLYF?slug=txyankeesburnett&prov=st&type=lgns

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2008, 04:28:47 PM »
Burnett: $17mill/year

Sabathia: $23mill/year

And they will only play 32-40 games a year if they don't get hurt... :grumpy:

Rick McCrank

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2008, 04:36:17 PM »
why would they give Burnett that kind of deal?   the Yankees are fuckin stupid

he has a history of injuries too and he's not worth $80 million dollars

this is just dumb

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2008, 04:51:35 PM »
didn't Burnett sign with the Braves?

nope :)
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

herpes

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2008, 07:13:39 PM »
LMFAO @ Skanks fans excited about Burnett.  Dude had a nice record b/c his bullpen saved him a ton of times.  He has only lived up to his ability a couple of times in his career.  He can't stay healthy and 2 of the 3 seasons he did were contract years lol.  Burnett has Pavano 2.0 written all over it.

herpes

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2008, 07:17:47 PM »
And to the cat that is going on about the salary cap, teams like the Pirates, Twins, and Royals have the money to spend but choose not to.  It may not be Yankee money but it's a lot more than what they do spend.  So if you want a salary cap you should also have a minimum salary cap for what you have to at least spend.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2008, 07:41:22 PM »
LMFAO @ Skanks fans excited about Burnett.  Dude had a nice record b/c his bullpen saved him a ton of times.  He has only lived up to his ability a couple of times in his career.  He can't stay healthy and 2 of the 3 seasons he did were contract years lol.  Burnett has Pavano 2.0 written all over it.

18 W's?  thats not luck
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2008, 08:02:18 PM »
i thought you guys understood that money isnt an issue; we could pay everyone on the team 20 million & still have money to spend! ;) 8)

we are going to continue to overpay players as long as they put on the pinstripes. ;D

my freind Mr. Texeria is next on my list; i hope Cashman feels the way i do. ;) 8)

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2008, 08:34:05 PM »

18 W's?  thats not luck

It was a contract year, he'd obviously try harder.
better hope that he isn't a Pavano 2.0; he's a pretty decent pitcher, but it'd suck to pay him $16.5 mill a yr to be on the DL.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2008, 09:24:45 PM »
come on hack, you should know that wins and losses doesnt determine how good a player is.

imo, Derek Lowe is the better overall pitcher. 

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

herpes

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2008, 09:56:05 PM »

18 W's?  thats not luck

First of all where did I say luck ?  Again Yanks fans getting hurt when we dont bow down to everything and anything the Skanks do.  In 2006 Steve Trashpail had 15 wins for the Mets with an ERA near 6.  Wins aren't good way to measure how good a pitcher is.  And like I said from talking to Jays fans there were plenty of games where the bullpen came in and saved his ass.

herpes

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2008, 09:57:55 PM »
i thought you guys understood that money isnt an issue; we could pay everyone on the team 20 million & still have money to spend! ;) 8)

we are going to continue to overpay players as long as they put on the pinstripes. ;D

my freind Mr. Texeria is next on my list; i hope Cashman feels the way i do. ;) 8)

And every season banking on Pavano to return really hurt you guys.