Author Topic: CC Sabathia close to a 7 year deal with Yankees  (Read 703 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: CC Sabathia close to a 7 year deal with Yankees
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2008, 11:19:58 PM »
see but wasting cash on Pavano didnt affect us at all economically.

i really hope Burnett isnt Pavano 2.0; but its more like i care more about how it would affect our staff a SHITLOAD more than our bank account.

we basically have an infinite amount of money, not a concern at all; we just need them to stay healthy.

Rick McCrank

« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2008, 11:45:02 PM »
money has nothing to do with it, they're just a wack TEAM at the end of the day

the wack players being overpaid is another added bonus to how pathetic it is

I understand giving CC a contract like that but Burnett is trash when you're talking $80 million

it's just principle, you're not going to win with this kind of philosophy

also you're not going to win when everyone in the clubhouse thinks A-Rod is a faggot, one who chokes come playoff time

the  96-01  days are loooong gone for the Yankees, I'm just being honest when saying they aren't gonna win shit, my team's NL, so I could care less

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2008, 11:56:08 PM »
And to the cat that is going on about the salary cap, teams like the Pirates, Twins, and Royals have the money to spend but choose not to.  It may not be Yankee money but it's a lot more than what they do spend.  So if you want a salary cap you should also have a minimum salary cap for what you have to at least spend.

Every other sport has a salary cap to keep things balanced and competitive. If a team in the NFL wants to sign a player with a blockbuster deal, then that is less money they have to spend elsewhere. It keeps bad managerial decisions from taking precident over the game itself. Off season Yankees moves have become almost as big of a spectacle as the 9 months of play.

And no, not every team has the money to spend like the Yanks. Sure, Carl Pohlad is a billionaire, but if he went out and spent $300mill a year on personnel, he'd be broke in a matter of years. The Yanks get hundreds of millions from their TV contract with YES, and tons of money from franchising rights, concessions, etc. Steinbrenner is still making hella money off the Yankee name alone no matter what ridiculous amount he decides to pay his players. The Twins are not, and never will. As much as this state loves it's baseball, there is no way in hell they are getting a nine figure TV endorsement or come close to selling the amount of merchandise the Yankees do.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2008, 11:58:52 PM »
^one awesome thing of being a Yankee fan; lovin the hate. ;D

Burnett pitches amazing vs. AL East team (a majority of the schedule).

i dont know who your team in the NL is, but im sure as hell he is better than your second best pitcher lol.

his only risk is injury & it is one i am sure as hell going to take.

best starting five in baseball, the Yanks have (on paper); ill give yall that just cuz it looks nice doesnt mean its always great in the games.

its going to be a Yankees/Mets World Series, guaranteed! Mets BETTER NOT blow anymore late inning leads & the Yankees arent done yet with there free agent acquisitions, so it should be one hell of a series next October! ;) ;D 8)

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2008, 12:00:18 AM »

Have fun being a fan of team that can't even make the playoffs. :P

herpes

« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2008, 12:04:00 AM »
And to the cat that is going on about the salary cap, teams like the Pirates, Twins, and Royals have the money to spend but choose not to.  It may not be Yankee money but it's a lot more than what they do spend.  So if you want a salary cap you should also have a minimum salary cap for what you have to at least spend.

Every other sport has a salary cap to keep things balanced and competitive. If a team in the NFL wants to sign a player with a blockbuster deal, then that is less money they have to spend elsewhere. It keeps bad managerial decisions from taking precident over the game itself. Off season Yankees moves have become almost as big of a spectacle as the 9 months of play.

And no, not every team has the money to spend like the Yanks. Sure, Carl Pohlad is a billionaire, but if he went out and spent $300mill a year on personnel, he'd be broke in a matter of years. The Yanks get hundreds of millions from their TV contract with YES, and tons of money from franchising rights, concessions, etc. Steinbrenner is still making hella money off the Yankee name alone no matter what ridiculous amount he decides to pay his players. The Twins are not, and never will. As much as this state loves it's baseball, there is no way in hell they are getting a nine figure TV endorsement or come close to selling the amount of merchandise the Yankees do.

I never said the Twins had Yankee money.  But they have the money to spend more than what they do.  It's common knowledge in baseball Pohlad is one of the cheapest owners in the game.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2008, 12:08:41 AM »

no, no...i said i am a YANKEES FAN; its alright, common misread. ;)

what team did you think i said, that you think cant make the playoffs? Rangers? Padres? Twins?; just curious. :D

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2008, 12:24:35 AM »

what team did you think i said, that you think cant make the playoffs? Rangers? Padres? Twins?; just curious. :D

The Yanks were nowhere to be found in October. Hmmm...

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2008, 12:30:26 AM »
if the dodgers had a better owner, money wouldnt be an issue with the dodgers either...but our owner is a cheap fucking moron.  

god i wish peter o'mally was still the HNIC.

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Maully aka [Fitted Da Boss]

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Karma is A Bitch...Know That!
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2008, 08:23:28 AM »
got aj burnett too...yes... ;D

----------------
Now playing: Ace Hood - Ride (Rmx) (Feat. Trey Songz, Rick Ross & Juelz Santana)
via FoxyTunes

Ya Boy Is Off The Wall, These Other Niggas Is Titoooo!

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2008, 09:00:31 AM »

The Yanks were nowhere to be found in October. Hmmm...

lol, i know brotha; im just fuckin with ya. ;)

but i think we are going to have a major turn around this season. 8)

Now playing: Ace Hood - Ride (Rmx) (Feat. Trey Songz, Rick Ross & Juelz Santana)
via FoxyTunes

LOL! ;D 8)

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2008, 06:54:13 PM »
LMFAO @ Skanks fans excited about Burnett.  Dude had a nice record b/c his bullpen saved him a ton of times.  He has only lived up to his ability a couple of times in his career.  He can't stay healthy and 2 of the 3 seasons he did were contract years lol.  Burnett has Pavano 2.0 written all over it.

18 W's?  thats not luck

First of all where did I say luck ?  Again Yanks fans getting hurt when we dont bow down to everything and anything the Skanks do.  In 2006 Steve Trashpail had 15 wins for the Mets with an ERA near 6.  Wins aren't good way to measure how good a pitcher is.  And like I said from talking to Jays fans there were plenty of games where the bullpen came in and saved his ass.

AJ was a bluejay, not a yankee

and wasnt 18 what he had 2 years ago?  not last year
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2008, 07:12:06 PM »
LMFAO @ Skanks fans excited about Burnett.  Dude had a nice record b/c his bullpen saved him a ton of times.  He has only lived up to his ability a couple of times in his career.  He can't stay healthy and 2 of the 3 seasons he did were contract years lol.  Burnett has Pavano 2.0 written all over it.

18 W's?  thats not luck

First of all where did I say luck ?  Again Yanks fans getting hurt when we dont bow down to everything and anything the Skanks do.  In 2006 Steve Trashpail had 15 wins for the Mets with an ERA near 6.  Wins aren't good way to measure how good a pitcher is.  And like I said from talking to Jays fans there were plenty of games where the bullpen came in and saved his ass.

AJ was a bluejay, not a yankee

and wasnt 18 what he had 2 years ago?  not last year

he had 10 wins 2 years ago; last year was 18 and was the only season he stayed fully healthy while with the Jays
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/6314/career;_ylt=AnttFpJId3qYL8Q23Fn5Y4.FCLcF

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2008, 07:47:27 PM »

I never said the Twins had Yankee money.  But they have the money to spend more than what they do.  It's common knowledge in baseball Pohlad is one of the cheapest owners in the game.

There is nothing wrong with being cheap if doing so still produces positive results. Steinbrenner believes he can just sign a check and all will be right, which is not the case.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2008, 08:16:47 PM »
Good move by the Yankees.  If I was on a budget I certainly wouldn't give A.J. that contract but they don't really seem to.
He's got really nasty stuff, a 95+ mph heater and some wicked breaking pitches but he's incredibly inconsistent.  He'll look amazing one start and like a bum the next. 

I'm not looking forward to see him pitch against the Jays 3-4 times a year.  Going to be a loooooong 2009 trying to battle the Yanks, Sox and Rays in the East. 
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 08:18:33 PM by Knuckles »