Author Topic: CC Sabathia close to a 7 year deal with Yankees  (Read 704 times)

herpes

Re: CC Sabathia close to a 7 year deal with Yankees
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2008, 10:33:36 AM »
LMFAO @ Skanks fans excited about Burnett.  Dude had a nice record b/c his bullpen saved him a ton of times.  He has only lived up to his ability a couple of times in his career.  He can't stay healthy and 2 of the 3 seasons he did were contract years lol.  Burnett has Pavano 2.0 written all over it.

18 W's?  thats not luck

First of all where did I say luck ?  Again Yanks fans getting hurt when we dont bow down to everything and anything the Skanks do.  In 2006 Steve Trashpail had 15 wins for the Mets with an ERA near 6.  Wins aren't good way to measure how good a pitcher is.  And like I said from talking to Jays fans there were plenty of games where the bullpen came in and saved his ass.

AJ was a bluejay, not a yankee

and wasnt 18 what he had 2 years ago?  not last year

Where did I say he was a Yank ?  And the 18 wins was last season.  Have fun watching a pitcher who doesn't want to pitch when he is a little sore.

herpes

« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2008, 10:39:22 AM »
And to the cat that is going on about the salary cap, teams like the Pirates, Twins, and Royals have the money to spend but choose not to.  It may not be Yankee money but it's a lot more than what they do spend.  So if you want a salary cap you should also have a minimum salary cap for what you have to at least spend.

Every other sport has a salary cap to keep things balanced and competitive. If a team in the NFL wants to sign a player with a blockbuster deal, then that is less money they have to spend elsewhere. It keeps bad managerial decisions from taking precident over the game itself. Off season Yankees moves have become almost as big of a spectacle as the 9 months of play.

And no, not every team has the money to spend like the Yanks. Sure, Carl Pohlad is a billionaire, but if he went out and spent $300mill a year on personnel, he'd be broke in a matter of years. The Yanks get hundreds of millions from their TV contract with YES, and tons of money from franchising rights, concessions, etc. Steinbrenner is still making hella money off the Yankee name alone no matter what ridiculous amount he decides to pay his players. The Twins are not, and never will. As much as this state loves it's baseball, there is no way in hell they are getting a nine figure TV endorsement or come close to selling the amount of merchandise the Yankees do.

I never said the Twins had Yankee money.  But they have the money to spend more than what they do.  It's common knowledge in baseball Pohlad is one of the cheapest owners in the game.

There is nothing wrong with being cheap if doing so still produces positive results. Steinbrenner believes he can just sign a check and all will be right, which is not the case.

Well your owner had the money to keep a couple of the guys he let walk but he won't spend the money so don't get mad when the Yanks throw money around like its nothing and your owner doesn't.  And if you want a cap there should be a minimum cap so like the owners of the Pirates and Royals are forced to put the money back into there instead of pocketing everything.  And about the Yanks throwing money around like it's nothing.  What have the Yanks done the past couple of years ?  The biggest choke job of all time, some embarrassing first round exits, and not even making the playoffs.  For a team and it's fans that have the mind state of World Series or bust that is a failure.  Notice the more they spend to try and put all stars in every spot the less dangerous they get.  Let them throw money around instead of building a team like they did in the 90's.  Now watch the Yanks fans mention my Mets being losers like everyone Met fan didn't know that already lol.  Sorry Yanks fans I had to beat you to the punch.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 10:45:05 AM by Tommy Fits is your hero »

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2008, 10:52:46 AM »
LMFAO @ Skanks fans excited about Burnett.  Dude had a nice record b/c his bullpen saved him a ton of times.  He has only lived up to his ability a couple of times in his career.  He can't stay healthy and 2 of the 3 seasons he did were contract years lol.  Burnett has Pavano 2.0 written all over it.

18 W's?  thats not luck

First of all where did I say luck ?  Again Yanks fans getting hurt when we dont bow down to everything and anything the Skanks do.  In 2006 Steve Trashpail had 15 wins for the Mets with an ERA near 6.  Wins aren't good way to measure how good a pitcher is.  And like I said from talking to Jays fans there were plenty of games where the bullpen came in and saved his ass.

AJ was a bluejay, not a yankee

and wasnt 18 what he had 2 years ago?  not last year

he had 10 wins 2 years ago; last year was 18 and was the only season he stayed fully healthy while with the Jays
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/6314/career;_ylt=AnttFpJId3qYL8Q23Fn5Y4.FCLcF

ah

my B
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2008, 01:05:50 PM »
And to the cat that is going on about the salary cap, teams like the Pirates, Twins, and Royals have the money to spend but choose not to.  It may not be Yankee money but it's a lot more than what they do spend.  So if you want a salary cap you should also have a minimum salary cap for what you have to at least spend.

Every other sport has a salary cap to keep things balanced and competitive. If a team in the NFL wants to sign a player with a blockbuster deal, then that is less money they have to spend elsewhere. It keeps bad managerial decisions from taking precident over the game itself. Off season Yankees moves have become almost as big of a spectacle as the 9 months of play.

And no, not every team has the money to spend like the Yanks. Sure, Carl Pohlad is a billionaire, but if he went out and spent $300mill a year on personnel, he'd be broke in a matter of years. The Yanks get hundreds of millions from their TV contract with YES, and tons of money from franchising rights, concessions, etc. Steinbrenner is still making hella money off the Yankee name alone no matter what ridiculous amount he decides to pay his players. The Twins are not, and never will. As much as this state loves it's baseball, there is no way in hell they are getting a nine figure TV endorsement or come close to selling the amount of merchandise the Yankees do.

I never said the Twins had Yankee money.  But they have the money to spend more than what they do.  It's common knowledge in baseball Pohlad is one of the cheapest owners in the game.

There is nothing wrong with being cheap if doing so still produces positive results. Steinbrenner believes he can just sign a check and all will be right, which is not the case.

Well your owner had the money to keep a couple of the guys he let walk but he won't spend the money so don't get mad when the Yanks throw money around like its nothing and your owner doesn't.  And if you want a cap there should be a minimum cap so like the owners of the Pirates and Royals are forced to put the money back into there instead of pocketing everything.  And about the Yanks throwing money around like it's nothing.  What have the Yanks done the past couple of years ?  The biggest choke job of all time, some embarrassing first round exits, and not even making the playoffs.  For a team and it's fans that have the mind state of World Series or bust that is a failure.  Notice the more they spend to try and put all stars in every spot the less dangerous they get.  Let them throw money around instead of building a team like they did in the 90's.  Now watch the Yanks fans mention my Mets being losers like everyone Met fan didn't know that already lol.  Sorry Yanks fans I had to beat you to the punch.

So what should the minimum cap be? The Marlins spend the least out any MLB team, yet they still stayed close in the division, and as I recall, at one point led the division. If you look at all of the teams who spend more than $100mil in salaries, only 3 of 11 teams actually won their division, while 6 of 11 missed the playoffs altogether.

herpes

« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2008, 01:27:38 PM »

So what should the minimum cap be? The Marlins spend the least out any MLB team, yet they still stayed close in the division, and as I recall, at one point led the division. If you look at all of the teams who spend more than $100mil in salaries, only 3 of 11 teams actually won their division, while 6 of 11 missed the playoffs altogether.
So if thats how you feel why do we need a cap.  Make your mind up.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2008, 02:54:23 PM »

I have made up my mind. I feel the MLB needs a maximum cap. What I was trying to point out is that it is kind of redundant to impose a minimum cap as well. If a team could spend a five spot and still win, more power to 'em. Throwing money around obvious isn't the answer.

herpes

« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2008, 03:04:19 PM »

I have made up my mind. I feel the MLB needs a maximum cap. What I was trying to point out is that it is kind of redundant to impose a minimum cap as well. If a team could spend a five spot and still win, more power to 'em. Throwing money around obvious isn't the answer.

And for every A's and Twins you have a Royals and Pirates that put no money into any part of the organization.  It's not right the Marlins don't spend any money whatsoever.  Sure they played good ball this season but next season they will go back to a 60 win season b/c they already unloaded 4 key players this year and are looking unload a couple more.  So if you want to punish teams that spend money b/c they want to win than teams that don't invest and pocket every sent should be punished as well.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2008, 03:17:57 PM »

And for every A's and Twins you have a Royals and Pirates that put no money into any part of the organization.  It's not right the Marlins don't spend any money whatsoever.  Sure they played good ball this season but next season they will go back to a 60 win season b/c they already unloaded 4 key players this year and are looking unload a couple more.  So if you want to punish teams that spend money b/c they want to win than teams that don't invest and pocket every sent should be punished as well.

Well, what do you propose the minimum cap be set at? The Twins only spend $4mill more than the Royals, and obviously every team can't go on to the playoffs regardless of what they spend.

herpes

« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2008, 03:49:54 PM »

Well, what do you propose the minimum cap be set at? The Twins only spend $4mill more than the Royals, and obviously every team can't go on to the playoffs regardless of what they spend.

It all hinges on what the max cap would be.