Author Topic: Kobe is basically asking for an ankle inury  (Read 875 times)

Elano

Re: Kobe is basically asking for an ankle inury
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2008, 04:29:32 PM »
hes a God from above! he can do whatever he wishes! ;)
Nah,ZLATAN is a god  8)

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2008, 06:16:18 PM »
The white One's look sweet!

thisoneguy360

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2008, 06:32:07 PM »
Players heavily tape their ankles so if he does sprain his ankles, it won't be because of a low top shoe.  It'll be because he landed wrong.  If your foot lands in an awkward position, a high-top or low-top will not save you.

For those that care, here are pics of the Kobe IV:

Those look dope  8)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2008, 08:04:33 PM »
Only spoiled idiots would wear those for basketball... everybody else knows high tops rock more. of course, when you're spoiled ass kobe, you can just tape your ankle and wear a more protected version of them on court. it's a terrible message to kids, though.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2008, 03:42:21 AM »
Only spoiled idiots would wear those for basketball... everybody else knows high tops rock more. of course, when you're spoiled ass kobe, you can just tape your ankle and wear a more protected version of them on court. it's a terrible message to kids, though.

wtf are you talking about, ya shithead? these were designed for basketball. Kobe's shoes are always designed with performance first in mind. they're designed like this for weight purposes, to add more speed to your game. LMAO@your logic.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2008, 05:39:01 AM »
That's the official reason. What's actually happening is Nike plotting on a shoe that people buy for casual wearing on the street. Most basketball shoes are actually worn on the street by people who think they look cool. So with this hybrid between street and basketball shoe, you got a hip Kobe signature shoe without a high top that hinders people from wearing them on the street during the summer or something. You got the ultimate seller. Of course, Nike won't just do such a basketball shoe without the backing of one of the elite players of our time. There comes Kobe in, telling everybody how cool it is. It sends a terrible message to kids who will now think that you don't need to high top, and that they can play faster with those low top shoes. They will go extra fast and emphatic, and roll their ankles badly. A lot of young bodies will be ruined over this.
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2008, 06:20:35 AM »
That's the official reason. What's actually happening is Nike plotting on a shoe that people buy for casual wearing on the street. Most basketball shoes are actually worn on the street by people who think they look cool. So with this hybrid between street and basketball shoe, you got a hip Kobe signature shoe without a high top that hinders people from wearing them on the street during the summer or something. You got the ultimate seller. Of course, Nike won't just do such a basketball shoe without the backing of one of the elite players of our time. There comes Kobe in, telling everybody how cool it is. It sends a terrible message to kids who will now think that you don't need to high top, and that they can play faster with those low top shoes. They will go extra fast and emphatic, and roll their ankles badly. A lot of young bodies will be ruined over this.

LMAO...you play ball? rolling your ankle has very little to do with the height of your shoes and a whole lot to do with how you land when you jump. my homie was playing ball in Pumas for 4 year straight without one twist. Trust... kobe wouldn't wear these shoes playing at an NBA level if they weren't 100% safe. It's common sense, man.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2008, 07:43:00 AM »
I play and I've twisted that shit before and I've seen countless of niggas twisting their shit. You think Kobe plays in those exact shoes you can buy in the store?? Fuck no he doesn't. Plus he's taping his ankles like a motherfucker. Kids don't do that. Either way, it's a marketing move and not some revolutionary concept of a performance shoe. I've got the And1 onslaught mid atm. Lightest shoe I ever had, and the top is mad high. I have no doubts that Kobe will still be a great player no matter what shoe. It's not about that.
No, it's not a sin

wcsoldier

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2008, 09:30:38 AM »
"Get rid of everybody and I do mean everybody , each player , the coaches , I'm talking about the cheeleaders team , the dance team , everybody that could have been contaminated by the situation , GET RID OF EM " LMMMAOOOO  :laugh:

BuddenzNasir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2008, 09:35:29 AM »
Playin ball with lowtops makes u feel so much quicker. if he does hurt his ankle....itll do wonders for shoe sales. lol

but what really concerns me is.........a soccer fan?? I knew he wasnt Black.   :-X
Want to take a guess as to what the most popular sport amongst black people is? ;)

in the US which is where I am...the NBA is....Kobe is...and this site is focused around? Id say Football (American) and Basketball.  ;)

thats weird seeing is how no one gives a fuck about what you just said since dude asked you about the world.....oh and he was raised in Italy, guess whats the most popular sport there?

thisoneguy360

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2008, 09:40:27 AM »

I've played my share of ball and rolled my ankle a few times but it's never been because of what shoes I was wearing..I've worn high tops and low tops and it really happens regardless, sometimes you're gonna land wrong. I think you're being a little over-dramatic man...

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2008, 10:10:06 AM »
"Get rid of everybody and I do mean everybody , each player , the coaches , I'm talking about the cheeleaders team , the dance team , everybody that could have been contaminated by the situation , GET RID OF EM " LMMMAOOOO  :laugh:

Exactly man, funny as fuck. "I repeat: Jerome James. HOOOORRRIBLE"

I've played my share of ball and rolled my ankle a few times but it's never been because of what shoes I was wearing..I've worn high tops and low tops and it really happens regardless, sometimes you're gonna land wrong. I think you're being a little over-dramatic man...

I sure am. It's fun. :)
No, it's not a sin

thisoneguy360

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2008, 12:21:49 PM »

Exactly man, funny as fuck. "I repeat: Jerome James. HOOOORRRIBLE"

I sure am. It's fun. :)

Lol, fair enough  ;)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2008, 07:36:30 PM »
You think Kobe plays in those exact shoes you can buy in the store?? Fuck no he doesn't.

LMAO...you're dumber than I ever imagined.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2008, 03:31:07 AM »
I don't blame you, you also thought that Kobe jumping over a speeding car was real...
No, it's not a sin