Author Topic: Eminem Talks New Album (Dre will end up producing the majority of the tracks)  (Read 1146 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
I would have preferred Eminem coming back with something completely different, like an album with The Roots or something like that. This gives me the impression he's just trying to make MMLP all over again. If I wanted MMLP I'd put on MMLP. This album has the potential to end up making him look like a rapper past his prime grasping at straws. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Also, I thought Stan was alive at the end of the video. (not that I want a sequel. It would be stupid like Eminem said, but I could still see him throwing a curveball thinking it would be cool).

all Em talked about is their chemistry; i didn't get the impression at all, that they're trying to recreate the MMLP.
anyway, i just hope that the new album will be better than Encore.

I guess I was judging by what he said about the song that leaked. He didn't call it it a throaway. He said it was nowhere near done. To me that means the album will feature polished up songs like that and that strikes me as an album that's attempting to bring him back to his old glory by trying to mimic it.

well it's too early to make the final call don't you think?

westside159

Eminem also responded to producer Swizz Beats' recent comment that he'd submitted a track for the project described as a sequel to the hit single "Stan," telling Billboard, "I haven't worked with Swizz on this album.

"There isn't a 'Stan 2,' and there won't be," he says. "Stan drove his car off a bridge and I'm not writing a song as Stan's ghost. That would just be really corny."

Lol, Swizzy just got owned. Good news though, will be interesting to hear what the album sounds like.

Yeah Stan 2 would be corny especially with Swizz beats producing

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
I would have preferred Eminem coming back with something completely different, like an album with The Roots or something like that. This gives me the impression he's just trying to make MMLP all over again. If I wanted MMLP I'd put on MMLP. This album has the potential to end up making him look like a rapper past his prime grasping at straws. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Also, I thought Stan was alive at the end of the video. (not that I want a sequel. It would be stupid like Eminem said, but I could still see him throwing a curveball thinking it would be cool).

all Em talked about is their chemistry; i didn't get the impression at all, that they're trying to recreate the MMLP.
anyway, i just hope that the new album will be better than Encore.

I guess I was judging by what he said about the song that leaked. He didn't call it it a throaway. He said it was nowhere near done. To me that means the album will feature polished up songs like that and that strikes me as an album that's attempting to bring him back to his old glory by trying to mimic it.

well it's too early to make the final call don't you think?

I'm not judging the whole album yet, I'm just not getting my hopes up.

Chief

i have high expectations for this, hope its good!!

everyones saying em is in the zone

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
Any new word on that Primo track he did for Em?

Invincible

Any new word on that Primo track he did for Em?

Probably won't be on there anymore. Its mad old now. Obviously, I would love for it to be on there.