Author Topic: 76ers coach maurice cheeks fired as head coach!  (Read 267 times)

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
76ers coach maurice cheeks fired as head coach!
« on: December 13, 2008, 09:31:23 AM »
jus reported on espn

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re: 76ers coach maurice cheeks fired as head coach!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 11:06:24 AM »
daaaamn, cheeks was the problem in my mind though

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 11:28:27 AM »
its about time; he was getting us nowhere.

fresh blood in the coaching department; might turn this season around for the better, much better.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 12:48:04 PM »
Too bad Larry Brown is no longer available.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 04:05:29 AM »
Too early, IMO...but maybe he was the problem. we'll see. This reminds me of the Sam Mitchell situation, 100%.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 05:47:31 AM »
Or maybe there's just a reason why Brand has been on loser teams throughout almost his entire career
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2008, 06:26:29 AM »
Or maybe there's just a reason why Brand has been on loser teams throughout almost his entire career

Blaming Brand is retarded...Brand is an excellent player and he did the Clippers nice that one year where they were a game away from the WCF. He'd still be an MVP candidate if he didn't get injured in '07.

wcsoldier

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008, 07:33:06 AM »
Both Toronto and Phily  expecting too much from their new acquisition ... of course they should have better records but Brand who has lost one step since being injured and J.O are not gonna turn their team from a 8th seed to a elite team ... at VERY best both teams are a on  5th seed level ....  Boston , Cleveland and Orlando are clearly better ... and I'd still put Atlanta above them aswell

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2008, 05:10:39 PM »
Both Toronto and Phily  expecting too much from their new acquisition ... of course they should have better records but Brand who has lost one step since being injured and J.O are not gonna turn their team from a 8th seed to a elite team ... at VERY best both teams are a on  5th seed level ....  Boston , Cleveland and Orlando are clearly better ... and I'd still put Atlanta above them aswell

you're right about Toronto, I dunno why everyone expected them to get much better without TJ running their offense, who was a vital part of any success they had last season...but Brand shoulda' definitely made a much bigger impact than he did in Phili, and I still think he will. The rest of the team just has to adjust...they have an excellent roster on paper:

PG Andre Miller...Louis Williams
SG Willie Green...Kareem Rush/Royal Ivey
SF Andre Iguodala...Thaddeus Young/Reggie Evans
PF Elton Brand...Theo Ratliff/Donyell Marshall
C Samuel Dalambert...Marreese Speights/Jason Smith

that can definitely be big if worked right.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 01:26:05 AM by Now_I_Know »

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2008, 05:17:38 PM »
sammys a bitch, iggys playing the wrong position, and them dolla bills got him confused, miller doesnt want to play in philly,

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2008, 05:43:37 PM »
And also the Wizards got players that are injured but E. Jordan still got canned. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2008, 01:27:35 AM »
sammys a bitch, iggys playing the wrong position, and them dolla bills got him confused, miller doesnt want to play in philly,

Sam is a good player, Iggy is a swingman who plays the 2 and 3 equally as well, and Andre Miller is a pro who will play at a top level no matter what situation he's in. The problem is developing chemistry under the right system, not the players on the roster...PeACe

tempo2

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2008, 02:33:44 AM »
philly are going through an adjustment period early in the season, im quite confident after the all star break they will hit there stride. theyve went from a full court uptempo team last year to a team with one of the best low post precesences in the league, thats a hard adjustment  to make especially with quite a young roster. you can see they are struggling to score on the offensive end in half court situations. miller is shooting the ball well but you need to have him dsitributing really.