Author Topic: Slumdog Millionaire  (Read 1517 times)

E-L-P

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 21 & Over
Re: Slumdog Millionaire
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2009, 09:43:34 PM »
IMO, not 'Film of the Year' material.
My Future Wife:

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2009, 12:30:38 AM »
finally got around to watching this yesterday.

it was a good flick, worthy of being nominated for film of the year..idk if it shoulda won tho.  i liked the wrestler better.

with all the hype around this movie, i set expectations to the lowest standards, so i wouldnt be disappointed.  and i wasnt, but i dont understand all that fucking hype around it lol 

oh well, check it out, its a good film.

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2009, 12:33:44 AM »
btw, i dont understand why it was rated R???  with an R rating, i expected to see that bitches titites :bandit:

Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2009, 07:24:36 PM »
i had high ass expectations goin in, finally watched it, like 40 min is, i was like i like it, but i dunno, then it all finally englufed me, great flick, oscar winner, weeeeelll, i still need to peep the others, but intrestingly done, and the girl is whoa

Doggystylin

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2009, 04:45:22 PM »
is everyone fucking crazy? has no one ever seen a bollywood film? this was just danny boyles take on bollywood, fucking retarded.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2009, 06:41:25 PM »
is everyone fucking crazy? has no one ever seen a bollywood film? this was just danny boyles take on bollywood, fucking retarded.

Why would anyone watch a bollywood film? Is just singing, dancing, horrible acting and that Indian language. Nah, fuck that.

kemizt

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2009, 02:36:39 AM »
Is it really a bollywood film if it has no musical piece in it?  You can't really count the scene that is played during the credits...

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2009, 09:48:29 PM »
This movie is one of the best movies that I've seen in long time..better than lot of stupid ass movies like 8 miles.....
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2009, 11:28:47 PM »
This movie is one of the best movies that I've seen in long time..better than lot of stupid ass movies like 8 miles.....

8 Mile is a solid movie, I think you can name hundreds and hundreds of worse movies lol

Doggystylin

« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2009, 08:39:12 AM »
of course, i forgot, most of these movies are targeted towards the mass audience of morons, danny boyle wins

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2009, 10:54:34 AM »
of course, i forgot, most of these movies are targeted towards the mass audience of morons, danny boyle wins

I doubt Boyle was thinking with $$$ all over his mind when he decided to direct the film thinking he's going to have mass success. It came out in limited release, it's definitely wasn't a movie made for the masses. 

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2009, 01:00:23 PM »
thats so random, you got a vendetta against eminem, lol

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2009, 01:38:24 PM »

people are morons cause they dont watch bollywood films?  LMAO

I doubt Boyle was thinking with $$$ all over his mind when he decided to direct the film thinking he's going to have mass success. It came out in limited release, it's definitely wasn't a movie made for the masses. 

especially since it was damn near released straight to DVD. 

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2009, 07:25:34 PM »

8 Mile is a solid movie, I think you can name hundreds and hundreds of worse movies lol
I hated 8miles.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2009, 01:27:17 AM »
I just watched this and I thought it was great!! I give it a 9/10.  There are a lot of people that are hating on this movie but that simply comes with the turf when a movie is as successfull as this one has been.  I honestly believe that if the majority of people that are hating on this film saw it without being aware of the accolades that it has received they would be singing a different tune right now.  There are several reasons why I think this is a great movie.  I thought the cinematography was excellent and the shots and pictures of India were beautiful, also the acting was superb all the way around and I think a lot of people are sleeping on the acting performances in this film.

Yes it is true that the ending of this film had a cliche type of hollywood ending but in no way do I think this is the type of ending in this film that is the type that insults the viewers intelligence like a lot of other "hollywood" endings do.  This film deserves a 10/10 on originality if you really stop and think for a moment about the plot and how it was executed.  I guess I see why some people felt like the flashbacks were repetitive but they had the opposite effect on me, after watching what Jamal had gone through as they showed the first couple flashbacks I was extremely intrigued and found myself more than excited to see the next chain of events and how they played into the questions on the show.

Overall I see why a lot of people didn't like this and I can understand some of the points made by critics of this film but I honestly believe a lot of that is because the movie was so hyped and a lot of the people going into the film had the mindset that if it wasn't absolutely perfect in their eyes then it was simply average and overrated, that can be some of the problems of a movie like this being so highly acclaimed and successful. Just my two cents and I throughly enjoyed this movie!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 02:40:22 AM by S P I C E »

DIP DIP SET SET