Author Topic: Dikembe Mutombo to sign with Boston??  (Read 486 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Dikembe Mutombo to sign with Boston??
« on: December 19, 2008, 12:27:17 AM »
Rivers confirms team's interest in Mutombo

By Frank Dell'Apa and Marc J. Spears
Globe Staff / December 18, 2008

ATLANTA - Coach Doc Rivers confirmed yesterday the Celtics were interested in free agent center Dikembe Mutombo.

But he predicted Mutombo would return to Houston.

Asked if he had talked with Mutombo, Rivers replied, "Always. He's a good friend. He's going to come back. I talked to him last week - he will come back.

"We're over the [salary] cap so it's tough for us to do a lot of stuff, but we're looking at everybody."

Yesterday, Mutombo attended a United Nations presentation of a Ben Affleck-directed film about refugees in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Mutombo's home country.

"I told [Affleck] that I might play in his hometown," Mutombo said in a telephone interview. "He said, 'Come, we'd love to have you.' He's a really nice guy."

Mutombo said he plans to sign with a team after Christmas.

"My agent, David Falk, has talked to the Celtics," he said. "I'm also getting interest from other teams to contribute on [the floor] and on the bench as a mentor."

would be a good replacement for PJ Brown if it happened...ya'll still need your Sam Cassell and James Posey, though. :-*
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 12:31:54 AM by Now_I_Know »

tempo2

Re: Dikembe Mutombo to sign with Boston??
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 02:51:38 AM »
what happened to PJ did he retire or is he still "mulling" over a return?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 04:09:41 AM »
^he's probably just a lazy fucker who will come back for the playoffs

mutombo would be an excellent signing.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 10:23:49 AM »
would be a good replacement for PJ Brown if it happened...ya'll still need your Sam Cassell and James Posey, though. :-*

The C's need Sam Cassell?  Are you fucking kidding?  Cassell was one of the worst things about the C's last year. 

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 10:28:24 AM »

Yeah. Which is really bullshit if you ask me.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

It's All About 18

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2008, 12:33:12 PM »
Would be great even if he plays 6 mnutes a game...there's nobody behind Perkins

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2008, 01:37:00 PM »

The C's need Sam Cassell?  Are you fucking kidding?  Cassell was one of the worst things about the C's last year. 

it's called locker room presence, genius. he's like a coach out there...and plus, Cassell hit some huge shots in last years Finals.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2008, 01:37:47 PM »

Yeah. Which is really bullshit if you ask me.

I highly doubt he comes back this year...they should only give half a ring to players like him. LOL

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2008, 05:39:51 PM »

it's called locker room presence, genius. he's like a coach out there...and plus, Cassell hit some huge shots in last years Finals.

Everytime he was out there he'd chuck random shots left and right.  He had way more retarded fucking shots than big shots.  He didn't fit w/ that team and they're better without him. 

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2008, 05:59:01 PM »

agreed!  me and my boys cringed everytime he was put in the game

mutumbo...that'd be nice
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2008, 06:53:10 PM »

Everytime he was out there he'd chuck random shots left and right.  He had way more retarded fucking shots than big shots.  He didn't fit w/ that team and they're better without him. 

yea...cuz the Celtics are better off with an undersized shooting guard (Eddie House) playing back-up point guard than the veteran presence of Cassell. ::)

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2008, 07:27:49 PM »

yea...cuz the Celtics are better off with an undersized shooting guard (Eddie House) playing back-up point guard than the veteran presence of Cassell. ::)

you know, that's actually the truth.  no doubt about it too.   cassell was a dud here, complete suck up to Doc.  eddie knows his role on the team
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2008, 07:48:54 PM »
^despite what you say, Sam Cassell>>>>>>>>>>Eddie House as a back-up point guard.

Citizen-Y

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2008, 09:09:11 PM »
Fuck no, he better get his ass back to Houston.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2008, 09:52:16 PM »
Fuck no, he better get his ass back to Houston.

chances are, he will...