Author Topic: Is it safe to jailbreak your iPhone?  (Read 82 times)

Birdie

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Is it safe to jailbreak your iPhone?
« on: December 20, 2008, 06:46:22 AM »
Well I got my new iPhone yesterday, but I wanna know if it's safe to jailbreak it? My Phone > iPhone thread has around 26 pages, so I guess somebody could give me an advice. Is there a tutorial how to jailbreak it 100% safely? Because I don't wanna fuck up my new iPhone after one day.

I'm signed under T-Mobile for two years, does it play some role? Is there a chance to fuck up the whole phone or losing the warranty?
It's funky enough!

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Is it safe to jailbreak your iPhone?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 08:11:37 AM »
It fucks up nothing man. If for some reason it came out in a way that  you didnt' want it to, you can always do a factory restore via iTunes.

The only thing it changes is it voids out any warrenty that you may have, but it's still worth it man. Here's a link to the tutorial that I used when I jailbroke my 3G:

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1881

A couple programs I would get right off the bat after jailbreaking are Cycorder, Winterboard, & iBlacklist.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Birdie

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 09:54:59 AM »
Thanks a lot mayne.

I'm still scared as fuck. And when the phones fuck up, you simply can't restore them? Then nobody can see anything, ain't that right?
It's funky enough!

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 10:31:43 AM »
Thanks a lot mayne.

I'm still scared as fuck. And when the phones fuck up, you simply can't restore them? Then nobody can see anything, ain't that right?
You can always do a restore through iTunes bro. I was skeptical at first too before doing it, but after I jailbroke I've never looked back.

Just backup your contacts, music, etc first (incase it doesn't work for you for some unknown reason) and then go ahead & do it. Really easy process to do & I don't think you'll be disapointed in the least.