Author Topic: Soopafly-"Dat Whoopty Woop"  (Read 537 times)

Mietek23

Re: Soopafly-"Dat Whoopty Woop"
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2008, 02:19:36 AM »
Classic to me. Wasn't this originally going to be a Death Row release? Props to Daz for making sure this album got to see the light. Love the inside of the Cd booklet:: "Why get an artist deal? When you can go independent." "Fuck all yall major labels and some indepedent labels" Some fuck ups: 10. Dat Whoopty Woop feat. Snoop Dog (Cd liner)  and the back of the CD reading "All SONGE mixed and produced...." DPG records needed a proofreader, lol. 

Yea, it was supposed to drop on Death Row in 99 but Priority refused to distribute the album and it was put in the vault... That's when Soopafly left Tha Row, Daz stoled that shit from the archives and put it on DPG Recordz in 2001... The DPG and Death Row versions are the same.

o g s u e s o n e

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2008, 03:02:48 AM »
Classic to me. Wasn't this originally going to be a Death Row release? Props to Daz for making sure this album got to see the light. Love the inside of the Cd booklet:: "Why get an artist deal? When you can go independent." "Fuck all yall major labels and some indepedent labels" Some fuck ups: 10. Dat Whoopty Woop feat. Snoop Dog (Cd liner)  and the back of the CD reading "All SONGE mixed and produced...." DPG records needed a proofreader, lol. 

The DPG and Death Row versions are the same.

aha. so u really think baby boy was on the original like it or not LP?

Mietek23

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2008, 04:54:27 AM »
^^^I'm just telling you what I know - you can believe it or not.

I got that info from 101 - when his site had a forum last year someone made a topic about this album and he said what I've just posted.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2008, 05:38:16 AM »
"Pimp Strut" was probably supposed to be on that instead of Baby Boy.  But Daz ended up using that song on his Westside Rydaz compilation, so he just replaced it.

krzieg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Live 4 Everything Die 4 Nothing
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2008, 08:01:42 AM »
good album. I just put it back on the computer to listen to it.

pimp sheat

Check it bitches out there on dat whoopty woop
They want soopa to get them fly
And snoop to get them swoop
IT'S STILL..........

H.E.A.T
n'
H.E.A.D