Author Topic: Teixera Signs With Yankees - 8 yr. 170 Mil.  (Read 354 times)

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
Re: Teixera Signs With Yankees - 8 yr. 170 Mil.
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2008, 03:09:42 AM »
how is he sellin out?  he got offered top dollar and signed. 

if every player that does that, is a sell out, then 99.9% of all players are sell outs.  lol

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

GottiValentino

« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2008, 04:40:31 AM »
I really thought he would stay with the Angels :-\

stupid me

well the Yankees are trying to buy a championship lets see how it works out for them

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2008, 05:22:52 AM »

stupid me

well the Yankees are trying to buy a championship lets see how it works out for them

the angels coulda matched the yankees offer, i think.  i dont know if they woulda gone any higher, but they definitely coulda matched it.

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2008, 09:46:52 AM »
you already have a shit load of OFers, so i dont think the yanks will even make an offer.

angels wont go after manny.

as of right now, the dodgers are the only team in the hunt for manny. :bandit:

we just need manny, and a front line starter and were set.

we gonna get peavy.  watch! lol

unless the Yankees trade Matsui (the Giants really wanted him last year) Manny won't be in NY
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

herpes

« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2008, 11:08:58 AM »
Truth be told tho, as good a signing as this is, the Yanks still have a lot of question marks.

Will Jeter further regress.  He was rated the worst SS in baseball and had his worst offensive season since 1997.  I personally think this is his fall from the top.  He'll still be a good ballplayer but you wont get the production you are used to out of him

Can Cano bounce back ?  I think he will

Can Posada come back from the injury ?  I thought giving him a 4 year extension was a huge mistake.  I have a feeling he is done.  He won't be Jason Varitek done but he wont be anywhere near the old Posada

Will Matusi's legs finally fall off.  He can't stay on the field, even if he is DH'ing

Was that a career year by Nady or him coming into his own ?  I think it was a career year but he is still a good ballplayer and the type of role player I think the Yankees need to keep, but you know he will eventually be replaced by a big named hired gun

The only sure things in the line up are Gayrod and Tex

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2008, 11:09:57 AM »
i predict jeter gets .301 batting, 11 home runs, 103 runs scored and 19 SB's

random #'s but they make sense lol
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2008, 12:27:04 PM »
Yankees should be fine!

remember, the offseason (& offseason signings) arent over just yet. ;) ;D

GottiValentino

« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2008, 02:22:09 PM »

stupid me

the angels coulda matched the yankees offer, i think.  i dont know if they woulda gone any higher, but they definitely coulda matched it.

yeah probably came down to Texeira just wanting to go to the Yanks

Angels season just ended so dissapointing

Rick McCrank

« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2008, 03:08:19 PM »
how is he sellin out?  he got offered top dollar and signed. 

if every player that does that, is a sell out, then 99.9% of all players are sell outs.  lol

it's just something about signing with the Yankees because they offered the most cash

we've seen it so many times before, it's a lame move

it's always the team that the player probably wants to stay with, falling short a small percentage of money

seems like nobody really wants to play for the Yankees, hence why they have to be courted a lot to sign

it seems like free agents intentions with the Yankees is - "I'll only sign if you give me the most money"

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2008, 03:19:46 PM »
seems like nobody really wants to play for the Yankees

LOL what?!? everybody and there mother wants to play for the Yankees!

every player that signs; "i have always wanted to play for the Yankees & help win a ring".

every kids dream it to come to NY and play for the Bombers; not even just the NY kids; kids from Chicago, LA, Florida, Texas, even kids from Kalamazoo Michigan dream to be in pinstripes. ;D

other major payroll teams could match or better our offers; but i guess this years class of free agents dont mean as much to those teams as they mean to us. ;) 8)

herpes

« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2008, 03:35:07 PM »

every player that signs; "i have always wanted to play for the Yankees & help win a ring".

every kids dream it to come to NY and play for the Bombers; not even just the NY kids; kids from Chicago, LA, Florida, Texas, even kids from Kalamazoo Michigan dream to be in pinstripes. ;D

other major payroll teams could match or better our offers; but i guess this years class of free agents dont mean as much to those teams as they mean to us. ;) 8)
-

Maddux turned them down in the 90's.  And I know if I had the talent to play big league ball I wouldn't want to play for the Yanks and I would take less money and sign elsewhere.  People say I have always wanted to play for the Yankees just like every player says it's not about the money.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 03:36:52 PM by Tommy Fits is your hero »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2008, 07:29:50 PM »

-

Maddux turned them down in the 90's.  And I know if I had the talent to play big league ball I wouldn't want to play for the Yanks and I would take less money and sign elsewhere.  People say I have always wanted to play for the Yankees just like every player says it's not about the money.

lol ok, 90% of all people then. :D

the Sox could have easily gotten Tex, but they laid off & now they are going to pay the price! :firedevil:

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2008, 09:25:23 PM »
juan gonzolez turned down the yankees back in the day i think

on the opposite side of things, randy johnson wanted to ocme here before he went to AZ...wonder why that never happened