Author Topic: Free Agent: Stat Quo Interview!  (Read 521 times)

MediumL

Re: Free Agent: Stat Quo Interview!
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2008, 05:17:53 AM »
There is no way Shady/Interscope/Aftermath would let him release Statlanta for free.

that may be the case, but what can they do about it?

tbh fuck them. They didnt promote his singles or him as ana artist properly and now expect him to walk away from it all without the stuff hed done with Em and Dre. smh
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2008, 08:32:37 AM »
I hope this happens.  His recent mixtapes were fire.  The Game dropped Here We Go Again and that wasn't supposed to be out.  Stat probably has the files.  He said it'd be for free to avoid much legalities which despite what he spits in the interview is probably a concern for him especially since he's got a son.  He's not stupid.  If he keeps this persona up - the real talk and hot material - he's going to be my favorite in the game.     

Here We Go was just Game adding himself to the Dre snippet. That was common for Game mixtape shit back in 05, he was adding himself to various tracks, that doesn't make the song or the remix official.

Matty

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2008, 08:55:48 AM »
if he leaks it any legal action would have to prove that a particular person (stat) was directly responsible for the leak. in reality that could be VERY hard/impossible to prove...

Jimmy H.

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2008, 09:42:55 PM »
if he leaks it any legal action would have to prove that a particular person (stat) was directly responsible for the leak. in reality that could be VERY hard/impossible to prove...
  Well, seeing as he's done like five or six interviews saying he's going to do it, it ain't that hard to put him behind it. And I'm pretty sure that the label can sue him whether he charges people for it or gives it away for free. They've spent money on it and they are the legal copyright owners so we'll see. I'd love to hear it just the same but I can imagine there being some heavy legal ramifications behind Stat leaking it. Guess time will tell on that one.

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2008, 12:01:22 PM »
Maybe stat's trying to force them to release the album.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2008, 12:20:27 PM »
There is no way Shady/Interscope/Aftermath would let him release Statlanta for free.

Don't know but I have a hard time believing they would just sit back and let him release it for free

Escrooge

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2008, 06:14:01 PM »
Fuck Jimmy Iovine....he didn't give a fuck about 2pac neither!
Everybody is wondering what Barack is going to do for us for the next 8 years, what are you going to do for yourself the next 8 years?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2008, 01:16:57 AM »

Don't know but I have a hard time believing they would just sit back and let him release it for free
well, if stat is a smart guy then they won't be able to do anything  ;)