Author Topic: A quick look at the westcoast section...  (Read 1962 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

Re: A quick look at the westcoast section...
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2009, 03:29:50 PM »
This Dubb joint is iight.  its just that the westcoast newer shit sounds too different and/or shitty for the masses to except.  so in turn this whole board bcumz like quicksand, u kan get up but u cant get out.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2009, 05:53:47 PM »
but like i said, i check it for the New West artists.

its just too often about "Kurupt's best cd?", "Spider Loc is gay", "I love Game & im making another thread about it", "Pac Tribute Thread", "Detox tomorrow?", "Crooked I tomorrow?".

if it was more about the music, and guys like Jay Rock, Bishop, Xzibit, etc. it would be better.

ill admit the Outbound has its weak threads & weak points, like the over biased love for Grand Hustle & Joe Budden lol.

overall, i would have to say that Outbound > Westcoast Section.

the Sports Section has the potential to be the best section if every NBA thread's topic didnt change to "Lakers>>>World Team" lol.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2009, 06:58:05 PM »

its just too often about "Kurupt's best cd?", "Spider Loc is gay", "I love Game & im making another thread about it", "Pac Tribute Thread", "Detox tomorrow?", "Crooked I tomorrow?".

if it was more about the music, and guys like Jay Rock, Bishop, Xzibit, etc. it would be better.

ill admit the Outbound has its weak threads & weak points, like the over biased love for Grand Hustle & Joe Budden lol.

the Sports Section has the potential to be the best section if every NBA thread's topic didnt change to "Lakers>>>World Team" lol.

Grand Hustlw is FAAR from overrated but yeah most of wat u said is right (to me)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2009, 11:43:40 PM »

Grand Hustlw is FAAR from overrated but yeah most of wat u said is right (to me)

there not overrated, they just get too much talk for one forum lol.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2009, 01:06:47 AM »

yeah i understand, i wasn't criticising you  ;)

after all, you like to discuss music   :)

penenstamp

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2009, 01:11:19 AM »

Not overrated? Are you kidding me? A label with Alfa Mega, DJ Drama and T.I. that gets so much talk (sadly not only on this forum) is waaaaaaay overrated. We're talking about wack ass artists here who can occasionally (except DJ Drama of course, but we dislike him for other reasons) drop a dope track when the production is on point and they didn't e-mail verses back and forth. B.o.B is dope though.

wcsoldier

« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2009, 02:13:43 AM »

The Sports Section had and still can have its annoying times but this is still the best section .... it's priceless to read Lakers fans vs non Lakers fans threads or some Lakers fans beefing between each others , sometimes this is too redudant and becomes annoying , still it's pure comedy !

Westcoast = 95% irrelevant

- That New West thing : 60% of these rappers are wack , some have potential but  their music is already getting annoying after 2-3 months AND they have no future at all

- Detox : whoever starts a new topic about this (unless and it's a big unless Dre is giving some insights about it) should be banned

- G- Funk nostalgy : move on people , y'all sound like my 90 old grandfather

Outbound Connection = 70% irrelevant

- looks like a BET/MTV forum , people are touching themselves because a Plies album is about to leak

- Fortunately , some members like Eazy , Jrome , dopewhiterapper, Oklin (what happened to him) start topics about real hip hop

G Spot is still worth checking at times but the golden era of this section is long gone

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2009, 09:11:17 AM »
I guess none of you have checked the Grand Hustle roster lately?  And the guy who waz doing the percent shit was like 50% right.  People get upset when Plies releases anything and some1 tell me wat the definition of Real Hip Hop is, bcuz the last time I checked it was about putting a good song together and it wasn't defined by ONLY rappers like Murs and Little Brother.  I grew up on Hip Hop baby, and J.Dilla & The Roots aint the only group who dose this socalled Real Hip Hop.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 10:03:01 AM by RadioTube! »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2009, 10:44:09 AM »

Not overrated? Are you kidding me? A label with Alfa Mega, DJ Drama and T.I. that gets so much talk (sadly not only on this forum) is waaaaaaay overrated. We're talking about wack ass artists here who can occasionally (except DJ Drama of course, but we dislike him for other reasons) drop a dope track when the production is on point and they didn't e-mail verses back and forth. B.o.B is dope though.

yeah, B.o.B. is the shit! 8)

there not overrated though, i mean you got some people (Classic Material) who thinks any song ever put out is just Rap Hall of Fame status, but they get some hate on the board. just too much talk, imo.

its cleared up better; half a year ago, every topic (no matter the subject) would get turned into a Grand Hustle deal or T.I. >>> Tupac or Trap Muzik >>> Illmatic lol.

wcsoldier

« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2009, 10:45:41 AM »
^^^^ C. Material ain't serious , he's an alias

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2009, 10:48:47 AM »

lol i know, but he starts it & from there its just an argument like the ones i mentioned & the thread is ruined. :-\

he doesnt seem like he is on much anymore though, its the bright future of the Outbound. ;) :D 8)

this year could/should be big for the Westcoast Section though, with a lot of artists claimin they droppin albums. ;) 8)

wcsoldier

« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2009, 11:00:14 AM »

lol i know, but he starts it & from there its just an argument like the ones i mentioned & the thread is ruined. :-\

he doesnt seem like he is on much anymore though, its the bright future of the Outbound. ;) :D 8)

this year could/should be big for the Westcoast Section though, with a lot of artists claimin they droppin albums. ;) 8)
the pb is that every year is supposed to be a big one ... take a look at which albums were supposed to drop in 08 and which were really released and you will find out a huge difference ... hopefully 09 will be better than 08 , even if rap wackness never stop to amaze me , I have a hard time thinking it won't be