Author Topic: Bishop Lamont Will Always Be A Internet Artist And Nothing More  (Read 2948 times)

Prof@ssor

Re: Bishop Lamont Will Always Be A Internet Artist And Nothing More
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2009, 10:03:30 AM »
The trite but true statement applies here, "Time Will Tell."

We all will wait and see if Dr.Dre releases Detox and if Bishop will have heavy hand in the lyrical department.  Additionally, we all will see if he will release an album on Aftermath.

Personally, I think the three headed monster is coming and Bishop will reap the benefits of its tidal wave.  50 will hit the scene first, Eminem will follow, and Detox will smash it home.   Bishop will be able to ride their power influence similar to what Game has done with 50 Cent and G-Unit's popularity. 

Bishop is a talented artists that is quick with the pen but needs to step up his vocal delivery.  Game is the opposite.  He has very talented with the vocals and horrible at the pen.  If the two could be combined they'd be a formidable artist.  I actually enjoy Bishop's interviews a lot more than Game's because he always appears to be honest and knowledgeable where Game consistently acts out.

Proof of Bishop's artistic ability is in his free street albums.  Nigger Noize was a better reflection than Nas's Untitled (Nigger).   Pope Mobile was wack due to poor production - it needs to be mastered.  The Confessional was hot and contained a lot of tracks that originally  was supposed to be the Reformation.  I don't know what any of that means.  I assume better music is being made and he's improving as an artist.   In one his lastest interview he provided reflection on Stat's departure and a conversation he had with Dre.  According to Bishop, Dre said he would have to wait some time before he got an official release.  Bishop replied, "I can watch paint dry."  I guess he's proving this.

I also have comments on SWAGGER.  What we call swagger has always existed and it's called personality.  A good artist has personality, a good artist has swagger - a measure of self-confidence and ability to represent themselves.  Everyone has a different personality, everyone has a different swagger.  Don't hate the swag, your favorite artists has it too.  It's part of having an image and is a must if you wish to be marketable which most rappers wish.

Finally, I don't know how many of you know but Bishop got featured as a hip-hop quotable for his verse on Dj Babu's My Opinion.  More proof of his ability to shine through.

I enjoyed reading your post...props...but I'm sure you didn't understand what I meant with my comment about swagger. It's the modern definition of it that I hate. Just listen to all these whack songs that come out lately with the word swagger used all the time.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2009, 11:08:21 AM »

We all will wait and see if Dr.Dre releases Detox and if Bishop will have heavy hand in the lyrical department.  Additionally, we all will see if he will release an album on Aftermath.

Personally, I think the three headed monster is coming and Bishop will reap the benefits of its tidal wave.  50 will hit the scene first, Eminem will follow, and Detox will smash it home.   Bishop will be able to ride their power influence similar to what Game has done with 50 Cent and G-Unit's popularity. 

Bishop is a talented artists that is quick with the pen but needs to step up his vocal delivery.  Game is the opposite.  He has very talented with the vocals and horrible at the pen.  If the two could be combined they'd be a formidable artist.  I actually enjoy Bishop's interviews a lot more than Game's because he always appears to be honest and knowledgeable where Game consistently acts out.

Proof of Bishop's artistic ability is in his free street albums.  Nigger Noize was a better reflection than Nas's Untitled (Nigger).   Pope Mobile was wack due to poor production - it needs to be mastered.  The Confessional was hot and contained a lot of tracks that originally  was supposed to be the Reformation.  I don't know what any of that means.  I assume better music is being made and he's improving as an artist.   In one his lastest interview he provided reflection on Stat's departure and a conversation he had with Dre.  According to Bishop, Dre said he would have to wait some time before he got an official release.  Bishop replied, "I can watch paint dry."  I guess he's proving this.

I also have comments on SWAGGER.  What we call swagger has always existed and it's called personality.  A good artist has personality, a good artist has swagger - a measure of self-confidence and ability to represent themselves.  Everyone has a different personality, everyone has a different swagger.  Don't hate the swag, your favorite artists has it too.  It's part of having an image and is a must if you wish to be marketable which most rappers wish.

Finally, I don't know how many of you know but Bishop got featured as a hip-hop quotable for his verse on Dj Babu's My Opinion.  More proof of his ability to shine through.

I enjoyed reading your post...props...but I'm sure you didn't understand what I meant with my comment about swagger. It's the modern definition of it that I hate. Just listen to all these whack songs that come out lately with the word swagger used all the time.

how r u lissening to songs u dont lissen to?  wats so wrong with swagger, u dont have a problem with the word nigga or killa or fuck do u.  its nonsense to hate on a word.  in wat world r u living in.  i bet 30 dollaz that you're no older than 18.  hating on the south and modern culture wont give u any props.  i dont wanna come down on u but i think you (and everyone else who agrees) is just tha wackness for saying dumb shit like that.  u must not have all that much swagger yourself if thats how u really feel.  "i swag on em like dat!!!"  "mobbin on niggaz everyday"   its all tha same shit just a different word.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 11:10:46 AM by RadioTube! »

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #77 on: January 05, 2009, 12:10:38 PM »
Here's my final comment on Swag as a reflection of its role in rap and rap's modern situation.

My biggest problem with rap today isn't the South or the wack songs that preach about Swag.  I don't think hip-hop is dead.  My problem with rap is the radio and the dj's only focusing on a peculiar type of rap - it effectively highlights only one part of rap music and puts a dark cloud over the rest.  I understand its been that way for some time.  Naturally, it started in the East, shifted out West, and then is down South.  There is a diversity of music to be played but DJ's don't play it.  I don't believe that the audience doesn't want to hear it either.  If you don't play Detriot music most people won't know so they only become accustomed to one style.  Investments are made into a certain syle because the investors are scared of the risks.  Hence, safe bets are insured and that's what's in today - good time music as popularized in Southern music.  The worst part about this tactic is it oversaturates a style and ends up killing it. 

Hip-hop is like a sponge full of water and then it gets wrung out by corporate America and DJs.  Then it dips back again into the water and becomes alive again, only to be wrung out again.  I think corporate American and hip-hop could work together instead of this harsh, abusive environment its currently. 

So, I never understood problem with the feel good dance music of the south.  Man, there's a time to dance so it needs to be up on the radio but there's also a time to be serious, sad, emotional, bitchy - the radio fails to represent the portrait of rap music as it currently exists.

Prof@ssor

« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2009, 12:17:05 PM »

how r u lissening to songs u dont lissen to?  wats so wrong with swagger, u dont have a problem with the word nigga or killa or fuck do u.  its nonsense to hate on a word.  in wat world r u living in.  i bet 30 dollaz that you're no older than 18.  hating on the south and modern culture wont give u any props.  i dont wanna come down on u but i think you (and everyone else who agrees) is just tha wackness for saying dumb shit like that.  u must not have all that much swagger yourself if thats how u really feel.  "i swag on em like dat!!!"  "mobbin on niggaz everyday"   its all tha same shit just a different word.

When I'm in a clothing store and I hear the Soulja Boy's voice coming out of a girls headphones, I technically heard him...but does that mean I listen to Soulja Boy's music? You're so dumb you can't even comprehend logic.
You also made yourself look very poor by betting 30 dollars on something so stupid, virtually, on the internet...why precisely 30 dollars? Is that the amount of money your momma gives you every months? Who sounds like an 18 year old now? If not, it's probably the amount of money you make every month.

Secondly, I NEVER hated on the South. Read my posts again and you'll realize you were insinuating something that comes only from you're imagination...and by trying to defend something that I didn't even attack, you proved being an ass. Above that, you also proved being illiterate.

Finally it seems you still didn't understand what I meant, but I'm sure other people here did.

But a great philosopher once said "It is nobler to declare oneself wrong than to insist on being right - especially when one is right and talking to a dickhead." Well you're right. You've got way more swag than me, be proud of it.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2009, 02:45:34 PM »

Props, best post i have read on here in a while +1

Word dope post, on point

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #80 on: January 06, 2009, 06:35:32 PM »
bishop can spit period!!!
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #81 on: January 07, 2009, 08:07:04 PM »
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=205358.0
^^
according to the stat quo interview on what he says about dre,..... dre wont ever release bishop lamont's album.

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #82 on: January 07, 2009, 08:11:23 PM »
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=205358.0
^^
according to the stat quo interview on what he says about dre,..... dre wont ever release bishop lamont's album.

He doesn't directly say they won't release it, just Bishop needs to get cosigned by someone larger than him and he needs the public to jump on his back after that happens.

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #83 on: January 07, 2009, 08:20:39 PM »
^^
exactly what i meant ;)

thegooddoc

« Reply #84 on: January 07, 2009, 11:09:06 PM »
I got to admit the worst Warren G album was the one that Bishop penned.  I've yet to hear anything from Bishop that has blown me away.  He always seemed to me that he was trying to hard to be Jay -Z.  He has some nice lines but I don't think its ever gonna happen for him as a solo artist.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #85 on: January 09, 2009, 12:42:26 PM »
yeah that was a bad g album but bishop went dope on it
he outshined G on that IMO

I got to admit the worst Warren G album was the one that Bishop penned.  I've yet to hear anything from Bishop that has blown me away.  He always seemed to me that he was trying to hard to be Jay -Z.  He has some nice lines but I don't think its ever gonna happen for him as a solo artist.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
« Reply #86 on: January 09, 2009, 12:46:54 PM »

Grow Up is pretty tight it grows on you.

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #87 on: January 09, 2009, 12:48:33 PM »
yeah its nuthin special but its got comedy to it and its more of a lyrical/laid back typa song
but it aint like bishop dont have heaters where he goes in....
he shouldnt push grow up as his single tho IMO

Grow Up is pretty tight it grows on you.
Cube

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #88 on: January 10, 2009, 09:19:33 AM »

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #89 on: January 10, 2009, 09:20:50 AM »
What are you, 4 years old ?