Author Topic: 1/5/09: Stat Quo Interview-HipHopGame.Com  (Read 353 times)

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
1/5/09: Stat Quo Interview-HipHopGame.Com
« on: January 05, 2009, 12:37:23 PM »
http://www.hiphopgame.com/index2.php3?page=statquo2

For some reason it's not letting me post the actual text so just hit the link to read.  Part 2 drops tomorrow.

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: 1/5/09: Stat Quo Interview-HipHopGame.Com
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 01:08:42 PM »
Stay telling his story.  I hope he can transition from being interviewed about his time on aftermath and being an actual interview about Stat.  Right now as long as the focus is on Aftermath he'll ride that like everyone else.

redspyda

• 'G'
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 01:19:54 PM »
thanx.. In the begining I was p*ssed that homie wasnt releasing the aftermath stuff he did.. His mixtapes are dope and I will actually go into a store to buy his album cuz he has been held back and now u can see he is on his grind.. I respect that... Keep putting out dope joints homie

MediumL

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 01:22:45 PM »
interesting stuff on aftermath but there will always be that now. Dre knows the pressure on him to drop classics every time and hence hes always gonna delay in fear that he wont please the masses.

Lol at Light Speed being Dres favourite track. Out of all the tracks i thought that one was hot but definately wasnt any better than stuff like Xxplosive and fuck You.

Stats dropping heat btw
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 01:23:33 PM »
Stay telling his story.  I hope he can transition from being interviewed about his time on aftermath and being an actual interview about Stat.  Right now as long as the focus is on Aftermath he'll ride that like everyone else.
Well that's what people want to hear about, isn't it? Stat, Aftermath & his future.

Dre really seems like a lil pussy with those comments...well people kept saying that he is, so maybe it's time to believe that.
Stat should just leak everything he has for the fuck of it and then use some Suge-tactics and goons to scare Dre and Iovine of if they try to pull some legal action.

Lucifuge

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 02:05:41 PM »
he only likes "light speed"????? wtf
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Matty

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 02:10:47 PM »
great interview stat is really spilling the beans on the stupidity of the aftermath 'label', especially the comments on dre.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2009, 02:17:59 PM »
Damn now this is what will ruin Dre and Aftermaths legacy, shit like this. Dre dropped the ball too many times...

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2009, 03:30:09 PM »
That was a great read, you can tell he is educated, not like the rest of these rappers. Shame about Dre but what he said about recording 200 tracks and only 18 making the album; that's pretty much common pratice with every rapper ain't it ? And about signing someone but not getting behind him; that's also pretty common in todays music industry; everybody can get signed but you ain't worth shit untill you have that album on the shelf.

He also pretty much confirmed what all Game stans are in denail for; that Dre wasn't fucking with Game like that before 50 came along and that 50 was the original owner of 3 Dre beats on the Doc (Westside Story, Higher and How We Do).

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 01:48:32 AM »
i really start to believe that Stat doesn't own the statlanta material and that he feels really bad about the fact that he couldn't put the material out when he was signed, hence he keeps bringing this up.
he feels like he has to make up with his fans, so that's why he's dropping stuff every month.

That whole Shady/Aftermath, I don’t know what’s up with them. I don’t know how they eat. I don’t know how them as a label are not putting music out. I don’t understand that. I do believe that maybe next year Eminem will come out. I know 50 Cent is coming out but I don’t know about Dre. But I definitely think 50 and Em are coming out.

Jimmy is not stupid, that's why aftermath won't last very long

Do you think Dre believed in your music privately?

He believed in my music but what it was was just fear – the fear of what the world is going to believe in my music and if they didn’t how would they look at him and how would it affect his legacy. That’s with every artist. He’s excited about every artist he signs and he believes in them, that’s why he signs them. The problem is when the doubt comes in about how the people will believe it.

And that’s another thing – people think Dre don’t be on the internet. He’s on the internet and he sees the comments and it scares the shit out of him. Yeah, he’s rich and he’s got a lot of money but he’s reading the comments. He put out two incredible albums, classics, now he has to turn around and put out another and everything that he does, because he’s considered by many to be the best, everything has to be up to that caliber and if it’s not he’s afraid that he’s going to mess up what he has going on and how people perceive him. Think about it, man, The Chronic 2001, the only song that he likes on there is “Light Speed” That was the only song that Dre thought was the shit. Everything else, he wasn’t really that in love with. All that classic shit and everything else, he’s just like, ‘Eh.’ The song he loved most is “Light Speed.” He’s got “The Next Episode” and all these great records and “Light Speed” is the only one he likes. Come on, man.
that exactly what i suspected; Dre's worst enemy is himself.
the question is, how long will it take until he realises that he needs to do something about it

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2009, 02:09:39 AM »
I hate how Stat is passively throwing Dre under the bus, lol.  All the shit he's talking about here is true though, from a fan perspective.

I think the person who never came out who perfectly utilized his stay at Aftermath was Joell Ortiz.  Didn't stay long enough to waste alot of his career, but also stayed long enough to get a decent buzz and experience..

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2009, 09:52:26 AM »
I can understand the mixed feelings Stat has.  At one hand you've gained all this experience and you've been opened up to an entirely new circumstances but on the other ain't shit pop off because they didn't have faith.  So, it's a love'em but hate'em situation.  He really can't ride for them but he'd feel wrong if he straight up dissed them.  Instead he'll tell the truth which reveals Dre as a man that is a perfectionist and has a deep love for music.   Additionally, he cares about his legacy so whatever he cosigns matters to him.   Combined together with his other tendencies it appears he might be grimey unless someone backs you.  But is anyone too surprised?  Everyone done dissed Dre, from tupac to Eazy-E.

Does anyone know what Stat Quo said that pissed off Eminem in after that meeting?  I bet when Em stopped fucking with him then Dre did too.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2009, 01:28:23 PM »
I can understand the mixed feelings Stat has.  At one hand you've gained all this experience and you've been opened up to an entirely new circumstances but on the other ain't shit pop off because they didn't have faith.  So, it's a love'em but hate'em situation.  He really can't ride for them but he'd feel wrong if he straight up dissed them.  Instead he'll tell the truth which reveals Dre as a man that is a perfectionist and has a deep love for music.   Additionally, he cares about his legacy so whatever he cosigns matters to him.   Combined together with his other tendencies it appears he might be grimey unless someone backs you.  But is anyone too surprised?  Everyone done dissed Dre, from tupac to Eazy-E.

Does anyone know what Stat Quo said that pissed off Eminem in after that meeting?  I bet when Em stopped fucking with him then Dre did too.

Differences in choice of first single, I think.

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2009, 07:02:23 PM »
It's more than that.  According to Stat he made a joke that interpreted the wrong way.  It offended Eminem.