Poll

L.a. is a Lakers or Doger town ?

Lakers all the way
10 (58.8%)
nah,l.a. is Dodger blue
7 (41.2%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: Los Angeles: Lakers or Dodgers ?  (Read 1118 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Los Angeles: Lakers or Dodgers ?
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2009, 04:49:02 PM »
LOL...LA is clearly a Laker town. It's really not up for discussion. Lakers are the more popular team. Only die-hard Dodger fans will try to argue that.

you only say that cause the lakers have had more success recently...wait till the dodgers win the world series.  :bandit:

Basketball is just a more popular sport overall. Dodgers are great, don't get me wrong...Lakers are just THAT MUCH greater.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2009, 04:58:54 PM »
bball and football may be more popular, but in LA there are like a gazzilion mexicans/latinos who BLEED baseball.  and most of em bleed dodger blue.

put it like this..if for whatever fucked up reason, one day, the lakers decide to move out of LA, there would be riots.  if the dodgers move out of LA, there would be riots.  if the clipps, or the kings, or whoever else plays here, moved..most people wouldnt care or wouldnt even notice.

both teams are beloved in LA, and both of em have done a shit load for the community.  even though both didnt start out here, both franchises are as much a part of LA as hollywood....and theyll always be part of the great history (and future) of the great city of LA.

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

herpes

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2009, 06:33:45 PM »
LOL...LA is clearly a Laker town. It's really not up for discussion. Lakers are the more popular team. Only die-hard Dodger fans will try to argue that.

you only say that cause the lakers have had more success recently...wait till the dodgers win the world series.  :bandit:

Basketball is just a more popular sport overall. Dodgers are great, don't get me wrong...Lakers are just THAT MUCH greater.

Baseballs revenue >>> Basketballs
Baseballs attendance >>> Basketballs
Baseballs television ratings >>> Basketballs

From a outsides perspective LA always seemed more of a Laker town than a Dodger town.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2009, 06:38:39 PM »
^revenue can suck a nut, more people are interested in basketball than baseball out here in LA...all it takes to see that is common sense.

herpes

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2009, 06:41:37 PM »
^revenue can suck a nut, more people are interested in basketball than baseball out here in LA...all it takes to see that is common sense.

I am talking about all around.  And basketball and baseball are business's so revenue is pretty much the most important thing.  And if you aren't from LA how are you supposed to know that the Lakers run LA ?  When Manny was a dodger that place was rocking.  People were actually showing up on time to dodger games and staying for the whole thing.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2009, 06:45:29 PM »

I am talking about all around.  And basketball and baseball are business's so revenue is pretty much the most important thing.  And if you aren't from LA how are you supposed to know that the Lakers run LA ?  When Manny was a dodger that place was rocking.  People were actually showing up on time to dodger games and staying for the whole thing.

huh? i am from LA.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2009, 08:44:40 PM »
im not froim LA but the Lakers GOTTA BE more talked about/buzzed

dodgers are in the Angels shadow
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2009, 09:20:25 PM »

LMAO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2009, 09:24:53 PM »
i say dodger wins
ima laker fan first off

lakers are more known for the sport but not more known around the world when its comes to colors IMO
but IMO dodger represents la the blue, and everyone reps that shit cuz its like the tittle
lakers are the tittle but not the color

they both dope tho
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2009, 10:11:41 PM »
i say dodger wins
ima laker fan first off

lakers are more known for the sport but not more known around the world when its comes to colors IMO
but IMO dodger represents la the blue, and everyone reps that shit cuz its like the tittle

they both dope tho

i wouldnt say that its more of a dodger town, i would say that its as much a dodger town as it is a laker town. 

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2009, 10:45:24 PM »
yeah I meant cats roc the dodger fitted more than lakers fitted IMO all over

i say dodger wins
ima laker fan first off

they both dope tho

i wouldnt say that its more of a dodger town, i would say that its as much a dodger town as it is a laker town. 
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Elano

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2009, 10:53:41 PM »
and both of em have done a shit load for the community. 

for example ?

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2009, 11:22:47 PM »
well, off the top of my head:

the dodgers recently committed to building 50 youth baseball fields all over LA. the dodgers also have ThinkCure, which works with the Childrens Hospital of LA to cure cancer.  they also have the Dodger Dream Foundation which takes current players, players of yesteryear and Dodger Legends to visit kids who are very sick.  part of the DDF also includes PLAY BALL, which takes players to youth baseball and softball fields to give em tips, instructions, give-a-ways, and meet n greets. 

the mccourts (owners of the dodgers) also set up "Team 42" Scholarship Program, which gives out $1M in scholarships every year.  named after the jersey number of the great Jackie Robinson.

the lakers also do things i mentioned above...they have courts set up for the youth, they give out scholarships, they try and make sick kids happy.  among other things.

both teams also participate in charity events and fundraisers on the regular.

not to mention, they both help out during the holidays, giving away food, serving food at homeless shelters and all that good stuff.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2009, 11:24:07 PM »
It's hard to say...I've always said it was a Dodger town so I'ma stick to that.

I'm a die-hard fan of both teams though...

so Angels and Clippers got no love in l.a. i guess.....

clippers fans are very rare, but you see them some how.

Angels....the only people that really like the angels are people from the IE, orange county and places north of LA like Valencia, Bakersfield, Delano, Tehachapi, ect.

you might be right, I'm from the IE and it seems like at home, there are just as many Dodger fans as Angel fans, if not more Angel fans lately.

LMAO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Why you laugh, LA is surrounded by the IE, the OC and both places are big Angel areas. that would be in the shadows. LA still loves the Dodgers, but when talking about LA, you have to take greater LA to consideration and the OC and IE are in that area.

Baseballs revenue >>> Basketballs
Baseballs attendance >>> Basketballs
Baseballs television ratings >>> Basketballs

From a outsides perspective LA always seemed more of a Laker town than a Dodger town.

That's because baseball stadiums hold 40,000-60,000 people and basketball holds 17,000. BUT, if the Lakers played in an area that sat 40,000-60,000, they'd sell out. Lets put it this way, they'd sell out Dodger stadium more often than the Dodgers.

Bottom line, LA is a basketball town. A highly diverse city, that has large urban areas, it's going to be more of a basketball town to begin with, throw in one of the most storied franchises that has only missed the playoffs 5 times in 49 years, then you have a very solid fan base. The Dodgers fans are more fair weathered, in that if the Dodgers struggle, the fans will stop going to games, not at a large pace, but enough to know the Dodgers are not doing well. The Lakers have only had 2 years missing the playoffs in my lifetime, and through both I've notices that fans still support the team, though after the Magic Johnson HIV news rocked the franchise for a couple of years. With the Dodgers, they miss the playoffs but fans will still go to games and support that team to the death, until it becomes evident that the playoffs will be missed yet again. The rise of the Angels have hurt the Dodgers with younger fans who want a team of their own, not their dad's teams. (true shit, I've seen lots of my cousins go to the Angels and talk shit to their dads when the Angels beat the Dodgers. It's almost like it's a form of rebellion... lol)

Elano

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2009, 11:27:55 PM »
well, off the top of my head:

the dodgers recently committed to building 50 youth baseball fields all over LA. the dodgers also have ThinkCure, which works with the Childrens Hospital of LA to cure cancer.  they also have the Dodger Dream Foundation which takes current players, players of yesteryear and Dodger Legends to visit kids who are very sick.  part of the DDF also includes PLAY BALL, which takes players to youth baseball and softball fields to give em tips, instructions, give-a-ways, and meet n greets. 

the mccourts (owners of the dodgers) also set up "Team 42" Scholarship Program, which gives out $1M in scholarships every year.  named after the jersey number of the great Jackie Robinson.

the lakers also do things i mentioned above...they have courts set up for the youth, they give out scholarships, they try and make sick kids happy.  among other things.

both teams also participate in charity events and fundraisers on the regular.

not to mention, they both help out during the holidays, giving away food, serving food at homeless shelters and all that good stuff.

8)