Poll

L.a. is a Lakers or Doger town ?

Lakers all the way
10 (58.8%)
nah,l.a. is Dodger blue
7 (41.2%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: Los Angeles: Lakers or Dodgers ?  (Read 1115 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: Los Angeles: Lakers or Dodgers ?
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2009, 01:34:08 PM »
i'd like to know why the dodgers got more fans between the mexican/latinos in l.a....

because baseball is a sport where you don't have to be Slave-bred tall to be apart of. Mexicans/ Latinos aren't traditionally tall, we're traditionally stout and sturdy so we succeed as football players and baseball players.  Also its a sport that you're brought up playing out here in cali in official leagues and schools more so than most other sports at all level, not just one or two like basketball and football.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2009, 02:25:24 PM »
i'd like to know why the dodgers got more fans between the mexican/latinos in l.a....

because baseball is a sport where you don't have to be Slave-bred tall to be apart of. Mexicans/ Latinos aren't traditionally tall, we're traditionally stout and sturdy so we succeed as football players and baseball players.  Also its a sport that you're brought up playing out here in cali in official leagues and schools more so than most other sports at all level, not just one or two like basketball and football.

hes not asking why they love baseball

hes asking why the Dodgers over hte Angels
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2009, 02:26:26 PM »
Baseball must be hella big in the US
'

LOL welcome to 1910

baseball = "national pasttime"   (but football seems to be more popular now)
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2009, 07:30:32 PM »
Baseball must be hella big in the US if this is a legit question

it's not a legit question...Lakers are much bigger in LA. I dunno how the Dodger fans can even try to claim otherwise.

how do you figure?

do you hear more people talking about the Lakers or Dodgers? do you see more people wearing Laker jerseys or Dodger jerseys? do you see more Laker flags or more Dodger flags? when you turn on KLAC, are they talking about the Lakers or the Dodgers? it's common sense, homie.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2009, 07:34:17 PM »

it's not a legit question...Lakers are much bigger in LA. I dunno how the Dodger fans can even try to claim otherwise.

how do you figure?

do you hear more people talking about the Lakers or Dodgers? do you see more people wearing Laker jerseys or Dodger jerseys? do you see more Laker flags or more Dodger flags? when you turn on KLAC, are they talking about the Lakers or the Dodgers? it's common sense, homie.

wait'll they get Manny back lol

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2009, 08:44:39 PM »

how do you figure?

LMAO..are you serious?

i wonder why klac talks about the lakers..hmm...maybe cause thats where they broadcast laker games?! LMAO
and i see a shit load of people wearing dodger shirts and what not.  i wont even count the LA hats, but a shit load of people wear those too....and if they wanted, they could cop the lakers LA hat, the baby blue ones. 

a SHIT LOAD of people have stickers and decals on their cars. 

and why would people be talking about the lakers and not the dodgers...could it possibly be because the lakers are the most dominating team right now?!  naaa...that couldnt be it

once basketball is over, and baseball season starts, everyone will be talking about the dodgers.

your arguments have no merit.

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2009, 08:47:52 PM »
LOL @ the KLAC point if thats true they paly Laker games then thats not a great argueing point

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2009, 11:19:55 PM »

how do you figure?

LMAO..are you serious?

i wonder why klac talks about the lakers..hmm...maybe cause thats where they broadcast laker games?! LMAO
and i see a shit load of people wearing dodger shirts and what not.  i wont even count the LA hats, but a shit load of people wear those too....and if they wanted, they could cop the lakers LA hat, the baby blue ones. 

a SHIT LOAD of people have stickers and decals on their cars. 

and why would people be talking about the lakers and not the dodgers...could it possibly be because the lakers are the most dominating team right now?!  naaa...that couldnt be it

once basketball is over, and baseball season starts, everyone will be talking about the dodgers.

your arguments have no merit.

Lakers have always been more dominant...thats why it's CLEARLY a Laker town. get over it. LOL.

who cares what KLAC plays, they have sports talk shows that are broadcasted nationally, and callers don't give a shit about the Dodgers half as much as they care about the Lakers. That goes for all sports talk. Lakers are a hotter topic on the streets. Dodgers got the Latino community, but everybody else is talkin about the Lakers. keep your ears glued to the streets, homie...PeACe

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2009, 11:27:23 PM »
The thing is that the Latino community also are huge Laker fans.

Everyone, get over it, LA is a Laker town. People love the Dodgers, but the Lakers run LA. When is the last time you seen a ton of celebrities at Dodger games in the regular season. When the Lakers win, seriously, it's like some sort of peace time in LA, I remember after the 3 peat, going to see my girl out there and I was talking to every stranger, simply by wearing my Shaq jersey and people were talking about the Laker's title. I ain't never had that with the Dodgers.

People, face it, LA is the Laker's town, case close.

wcsoldier

« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2009, 11:29:48 PM »
Lakers are worlwide , 95% of the people outside USA have no idea who the fuck are the Dodgers... the blue caps is not an argument aswell .. I bet 80% of the people wearing  it either don't know it is related to the Dodgers or even don't like Baseball .. you've got a shitload of dudes wearing those in Europe , I doubt they are Baseball fans

Rick McCrank

« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2009, 11:37:27 PM »
Dodgers are big in L.A.

but not as big as the Lakers

baseball is a touchy thing with people, you either love it or hate it

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2009, 11:40:00 PM »
The thing is that the Latino community also are huge Laker fans.

When is the last time you seen a ton of celebrities at Dodger games in the regular season.

um..every game?  niggas have season tickets, they just dont show em on TV.  but what do celebrities have to do with anything?

yall keep thinking what yall want, but you will all see what im talking about when the dodgers with the WS this year with MANNYWOOD. :bandit:

*for the record, i never said the dodgers run LA, i just said that its AS MUCH a dodger town as it is a laker town.

Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Rick McCrank

« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2009, 12:11:32 AM »
dodgers with the WS this year with MANNYWOOD

better hope the Giants don't sign him

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2009, 12:24:07 AM »
dodgers with the WS this year with MANNYWOOD

better hope the Giants don't sign him

na, they dont have the money. lol

Rick McCrank

« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2009, 12:28:19 AM »
I'll tell you what, it will be hard for me to get excited about the Dodgers next year if they lose him to the Giants

I think of anybody replacing Manny and think instant bore-fest of a season, long and going nowhere like they were without him

I know he's not worth 5 years, but it makes me laugh when I hear that if he leaves, the Dodgers will somehow be better or the same

if you can give Schmidt, Pierre, Jones, etc. these retarded contracts, not to mention spending quite a lot for Casey Blake and Furcal

no way you can't pull off some kind of 3-year deal or something

« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 12:30:37 AM by Arvydas Sabonis »