Author Topic: was listenin to marshall mathers lp again  (Read 1197 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: was listenin to marshall mathers lp again
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2009, 08:55:08 AM »
Oh and that We As Americans on the bonus disc of Encore was great too.

Everytime I hear Bitch Please 2 on MMLP, it reminds me of the good old days. Song is so dope.

Word. And that Xzibit outro is classic:

"2001 and forever...
Slim Shady, Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, X to the Z.. Nate Dogg
C'mon, yeah!!"

And then the beat fades away... it give me chills everytime.

Okka

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2009, 08:57:03 AM »
My favourite album from Eminem. He had crazy lyrics and the production is dope. Daaamn Dre & Mel-Man made great beats together.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 08:58:39 AM by Okka »

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2009, 09:00:44 AM »
sick album, who knew might be my fav eminem song, stan is classic, kill you is eminem spittin at his best, that song is so fuckin wordy, the only song i didnt feel was remember me

Okka

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2009, 09:02:26 AM »
sick album, who knew might be my fav eminem song

True that, one of my favourite Dre/Mel-Man beats ever.

MediumL

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2009, 12:40:03 PM »
yep album is crazy. Who knew is definitely one of the best tracks and Kill You is crazy. First verse of Marshall Mathers is one of my favs as well. 'walkin around startin shit like some twenty year old skinny cartmen' haha
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2009, 01:21:44 PM »
yep album is crazy. Who knew is definitely one of the best tracks and Kill You is crazy. First verse of Marshall Mathers is one of my favs as well. 'walkin around startin shit like some twenty year old skinny cartmen' haha

yeah, just some classic ass shit! 8)

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2009, 09:20:34 AM »
Everytime I hear Bitch Please 2 on MMLP, it reminds me of the good old days. Song is so dope.

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2009, 10:09:18 AM »
Another factor is the "sound theme" of the album. The less involved FBT Productions (Mark and Jeff Bass) was and the more Em started producing his own beat the musical quality went down. Em will always be great lyrically, but the sound won't be. TSSLP and most definately TMMLP had a very grimy, street and heavy bass sound to it which has more impact on the lyrical content than most people give producers credit for. TES and ENCORE had a more commercial and carneval type feel... more so with the latter.

Jaydc555

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2009, 10:13:33 AM »
I couldn't agree more.Jeff and mark bass are incredible producers and they work perfectly with eminems style.on a related noted have you heard king gordys album?it was produced by fbt.its a great album

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2009, 01:03:05 PM »
I couldn't agree more.Jeff and mark bass are incredible producers and they work perfectly with eminems style.on a related noted have you heard king gordys album?it was produced by fbt.its a great album

I have and I enjoyed it. I really wish they hooked back up with Em.

Jaydc555

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2009, 01:07:17 PM »
I still don't know why they aren't used more.the work they did on the 8 mile soundtrack was amazing.their production excites me more then dres does.have you heard the fat killahz album?I haven't gotten around to buying it yet

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2009, 08:39:41 PM »
dre was a beast on this album too, the shit he gave him was top notch!! I love who knew, one of my fav eminem songs ever and bitch please 2...shiiit, thats westcoast right there!  8)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2009, 01:59:00 AM »

I have and I enjoyed it. I really wish they hooked back up with Em.

don't expect that to happen; they sued Eminem, Dre, aftermath/interscope

GATMAN

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2009, 03:03:41 AM »
Classic Album 8)

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2009, 06:15:20 AM »
dre was a beast on this album too, the shit he gave him was top notch!! I love who knew, one of my fav eminem songs ever and bitch please 2...shiiit, thats westcoast right there!  8)

The beats Dre did for this album were perfect for Em at the time.

Not to get sidetracked here but when you listen to the Dre beats on that album (especially by themselves as standalone tracks) you'll see how simple they really are. They are much simpler than most of the beats he's put out these last couple years (minus Curtis) but yet all his beats today are considered "garbage" by most fans we see around here. I can almost garantee that if Dre released any of those beats he did for TMMLP today he would be hated on more than Hitler, lol.

I'm just saying that sometimes we can't judge a production based soley on a standalone track (especially when it's incomplete and/or holds the expectations of the second coming, haha).