Author Topic: 01/12/09: Bishop Lamont Talks New Mix-Tape, "Could Have Been You" Leak, Release  (Read 4697 times)

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
Aftermath rapper Bishop Lamont is so angered by the lack of support he has received from West Coast veterans Ice Cube and Snoop Dogg that he has decided to attack both rappers on an upcoming collaborative album titled No Country For Old Men.

Lamont claims that every notable rapper from his coast has acknowledged or supported him expect Snoop and Ice Cube.

Lamont isn’t the only who feels the same way, so  the Aftermath rapper joined forces with fellow West Coast emcees Crooked I and Glasses Malone to form a super group to release No Country For Old Men  independently.

"It's about setting the record straight on all the politics and hating that goes on over here and in the industry, period," Lamont explained about the project. " It's gonna set the new level of where music is supposed to go across the board."

"Ice Cube and Snoop Dogg be hating on us," he continued. "Phony sh-- that goes on with these n---as that's supposed to be legends. We're gonna put all this sh-- out there. They got egos. I grew up with [Snoop] — I love dude, but music and money changes everything. We're going in. W e love you n---as and look up to you n---as, but you n---as ain't got the same love for us. What we supposed to do? We helped you n---as go gold, go platinum, go worldwide. We were the ones buying them records. We were the ones going to them shows, believing in you."

"It ain't an 'old versus young' thing, because Battlecat, Warren G, Kurupt, Daz, all these n---as support us," Lamont stressed." Why doesn't Snoop support us? Why doesn't Ice Cube support us? Cypress Hill supports us. Why does Dre stay relevant and he's been here for 22 years? He stays involved with new n---as. He extends the legacy. You got Xzibit, all these n---as riding with us and you wanna hate?"

"We're coming for that money," he added. "That old mentality of doing business and having n---as ghost-write for you and paying them crumbs and giving n---as bogus deals, all that is getting smashed out."

Lamont, who signed to Aftermath in 2005, has seen the release of his debut album The Reformation repeatedly delayed. The rapper revealed to MTV that he expects his album to hit shelves after Dr. Dre releases Detox this year.

A release date for No Country For Old Men was not revealed.

http://www.sixshot.com/news/13652/

"Somebody is trying to sabotage sh--," Bishop Lamont said a few days ago about the leak of the song "Could Have Been You." The track, which features R. Kelly and 50 Cent as well as Bish, was being considered for Dr. Dre's Detox.

"I have no idea," Bishop answered about his thoughts on how the track hit the Net.

Lamont is Aftermath's new first-round draft pick and his album The Reformation is currently slated to drop right after Detox. The delay on Dre's LP has caused his project to be put on hold as well.

"Eminem is supposed to be finished now. I spoke to Fif, he said he's almost done — now it's trying to get Detox straight. Every time records get leaked, it pushes [The Reformation] back," he said. "Dude is not gonna drop until his sh-- is straight. That pushes me back."

Bishop is about 90 percent done with his album, and he hasn't ruled out the release of his debut later this year — before Detox, depending on how things go.

"Either way, it's a win/win," he noted.

Regardless of the fate of his first official album, Lamont is working with Crooked I and Glasses Malone on a supergroup album entitled No Country for Old Men. Within the album's content, the trio will address behind-the-scenes "hating" by some of the more tenured Cali MCs, namely Snoop Dogg and Ice Cube.

"It's about setting the record straight on all the politics and hating that goes on over here and in the industry, period. It's gonna set the new level of where music is supposed to go across the board.

"Ice Cube and Snoop Dogg be hating on us," he added. "Phony sh-- that goes on with these n---as that's supposed to be legends. We're gonna put all this sh-- out there. They got egos. I grew up with [Snoop] — I love dude, but music and money changes everything. We're going in. We love you n---as and look up to you n---as, but you n---as ain't got the same love for us. What we supposed to do? We helped you n---as go gold, go platinum, go worldwide. We were the ones buying them records. We were the ones going to them shows, believing in you."

Lamont insists that while he has his gripes with Snoop and Cube, it doesn't mean he's at odds with other legends on his coast.

"It ain't an 'old versus young' thing, because Battlecat, Warren G, Kurupt, Daz, all these n---as support us. Why doesn't Snoop support us? Why doesn't Ice Cube support us? Cypress Hill supports us. Why does Dre stay relevant and he's been here for 22 years? He stays involved with new n---as. He extends the legacy. You go Xzibit, all these n---as riding with us and you wanna hate?"

Addressing Snoop and Cube won't be the meat of No Country for Old Men, you can rest assured — Lamont says look for hit records and production from some of the top-notch producers in the game as well as work from new beat miners. The project will be released independently.

"We're coming for that money. That old mentality of doing business and having n---as ghost-write for you and paying them crumbs and giving n---as bogus deals, all that is getting smashed out."

Look for the album in May or June. ...

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1602459/20090109/lil_wayne.jhtml

penenstamp

"Ice Cube and Snoop Dogg be hating on us," he continued. "Phony sh-- that goes on with these n---as that's supposed to be legends. We're gonna put all this sh-- out there. They got egos. I grew up with [Snoop] — I love dude, but music and money changes everything. We're going in. W e love you n---as and look up to you n---as, but you n---as ain't got the same love for us. What we supposed to do? We helped you n---as go gold, go platinum, go worldwide. We were the ones buying them records. We were the ones going to them shows, believing in you."

Who does Bishop Lamont think he is to demand support from Snoop & Cube?

THEV1LL4N

i think bishop should be getting support from snoop and cube, crooked too. should be getting some support.

but they cant demand it, and they'll be messing themselves up if they get into a beef with cube. and may lose some respect from their supporters.

west koasting

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Damn I waiting 4 this cd to drop
Bullets aint got no names

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
Now why would you do it like that, WHY?  :-\

Since when has that been Hating when you don't just ride for some people? At least they aren't dissing you or are they? Bishop is gonna fuck up big time if he disses Cube on record and he decides to answer back.

What about Snoop & Dre? I thought Quik said they were working together again. I wonder if this changes the situation and how Dre feels about this...

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Now why would you do it like that, WHY?  :-\

Since when has that been Hating when you don't just ride for some people? At least they aren't dissing you or are they? Bishop is gonna fuck up big time if he disses Cube on record and he decides to answer back.

Remember... this is also coming from Crooked and Glasses.

What about Snoop & Dre? I thought Quik said they were working together again. I wonder if this changes the situation and how Dre feels about this...

At this point... lablemates (especially around the Math) don't really interfere with fellow artists beef. Right now this is just frustration mixed with a lil' marketing. Later, everything will be cool. Dre won't take any sides. Remember, Bishop is Dre's next main protoge. The type of artist he'll bring out to accompany DETOX. Kinda like his new "Robin" (just like Snoop during the Chronic era and Em in the "2001" days).

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
so this bitch is hating on Snoop and Cube because they are not showing him love?  What don't these niggas get?  If you're wack why should they go out their way to support you?

These fools trying to diss Snoop/Cube never going to drop albums, and LMAO @ Crooked/Bishop/Malone album ever dropping
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

~Lucien~

''Aftermath rapper Bishop Lamont is so angered by the lack of support he has received from West Coast veterans Ice Cube and Snoop Dogg that he has decided to attack both rappers on an upcoming collaborative album titled No Country For Old Men.''

I lost all my respect for this dude. Snoop helped a lot of upcoming rappers in his career. He put out Dubb Union recently. Like Long Beach Iz Active says: ''If you're wack why should they go out their way to support you?'' Bishop Lamont is just an angry kid and an average rapper. And the funny thing is; The Game was dropped from the math because of the Game/50 Cent beef. Why is Dre letting this kid diss Snoop then? I hope Snoop and Cube release a diss song to end his internet/mixtape career. By the way... Dre needs to put this kid in his dumpster behind his recording studio. Fuck Bishop Lamont! And using the title ''No Country For Old Men''? That's a classic movie. People can't use that title. Period!

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
My question is why would Snoop not be supporting them? I remember reading interviews on dubcnn where Snoop would be tellin Dre to keep puttin westcoast cats on and showing love

I don't think its an old vs new thing, its a personal thing if anything

BigEEE

• 'G'
Wow this is a big step for these 3 artist. I think Bishop is bigger than this, he has Dre, thats all you need, you dont need Snoop or Cube.
Dont think this is a wise move, but if it does happen, it should at least just be one song on the album not an entire album focused on the beef.

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
A bit off topic:

What was the final verdict on this?

I heard it was a DETOX beat that Bishop performed on while in Paris.

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

bishop is real as they come, he speaks the truth. NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN :) Bring it on

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
''Aftermath rapper Bishop Lamont is so angered by the lack of support he has received from West Coast veterans Ice Cube and Snoop Dogg that he has decided to attack both rappers on an upcoming collaborative album titled No Country For Old Men.''

I lost all my respect for this dude. Snoop helped a lot of upcoming rappers in his career. He put out Dubb Union recently. Like Long Beach Iz Active says: ''If you're wack why should they go out their way to support you?'' Bishop Lamont is just an angry kid and an average rapper. And the funny thing is; The Game was dropped from the math because of the Game/50 Cent beef. Why is Dre letting this kid diss Snoop then? I hope Snoop and Cube release a diss song to end his internet/mixtape career. By the way... Dre needs to put this kid in his dumpster behind his recording studio. Fuck Bishop Lamont! And using the title ''No Country For Old Men''? That's a classic movie. People can't use that title. Period!

Dude, that album went double wood. He has a point what have Cube and Snoop done for the westcoast ? Cube only brought WC with him and Snoop put his name on a project every now and then like DPG, Dubb Union, Warzone but none of the groups are promoted at all, besides the internet. Same thing is happening in the Eastocast, look at the South, no wonder why they're so succesfull.

But like Mauzip said they are not obligated to support him and what Bishop is doing right now goes completley againts his so called logic he had 1 year ago and looks like that he's just as bipolar as Game. It's obvious that his situation at Aftermath sucks, no album for him until 2010.

Digital Pimpin'

Fuck it - I just wanna hear some good music, more chance of that from Bishop/Glasses/Crooked these days than anyone else 8)

west koasting

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Shit I had li leazy 4 my most anticipated album but it looks like this shit is dropping fuck yeah
Bullets aint got no names