Author Topic: so I got fired today...  (Read 854 times)

Floydness

Re: so I got fired today...
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2009, 10:53:50 AM »
thanx u guys, I appreciate ur nice words.. :D :) 8)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2009, 12:19:18 PM »
No lunch and no overtime?

I'd never take a job like that. fuck no.

kemizt

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2009, 04:12:28 PM »
you never had a lunch break? didn't u say u would hit a bleez everyday at work before your lunch break? so just like I told james, you ain't got to lie to kick it...

lol...she didnt have a lunch break, the dumbass boss was just never around, so she could leave and hit a bleez when ever.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2009, 04:19:16 PM »
like somebody else said, you can sue him....only problem is, you might be suing him just for revenge. If his business is doing that bad, he might just claim bankruptcy rather then paying out. If he claims bankruptcy, you get nothing.  As far as having any proof in order to sue him, you dont necessarily have to have all your old paystubs, etc. He is required to keep all old time records, etc for so long and in the event of a lawsuit would be required to release those to your attorney. I dont remember the exact amount of years...but it IS a substantial amount of time.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2009, 04:41:34 PM »
like somebody else said, you can sue him....only problem is, you might be suing him just for revenge. If his business is doing that bad, he might just claim bankruptcy rather then paying out. If he claims bankruptcy, you get nothing.  As far as having any proof in order to sue him, you dont necessarily have to have all your old paystubs, etc. He is required to keep all old time records, etc for so long and in the event of a lawsuit would be required to release those to your attorney. I dont remember the exact amount of years...but it IS a substantial amount of time.

she was on salary..so she could of worked however many hours a week, and not receive any extra compensation.  on the flip side, say she was supposed to work 40 hours, and she only worked 30, she would still receive the same pay.

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

acgrundy

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2009, 09:02:32 PM »
LMAO @ he fired  you over the net...I've never in my life heard of that before...thats some funny shit!  WTF...u talk to your boss through instant messenger at work?  LOL...

Some people on this forum fucking disgust me...so many problems in America stem from litigious fucking worthless people who just have to put blame on someone else rather than accept responsibility for themselves.  Why the hell should she sue?  Times are tough...the economy is bad...people are getting laid off all over the place.  She is salary, which means she is exempt from OT pay.  There is nothing illegal about that.  Yet she would come on here talking about how she smoked weed at work all the time, which is illegal...aren't you always talking about that karma?  If you had to hide the weed smoking from your boss, guess you knew that you shouldn't have been doing it at work...so he fires you w/o notice...guess what goes around comes around huh?  Not to mention that slavery ended quite a few years ago...if she didn't like the fact that she worked so much, she could have quit her job at any time.  Do you people realize how much better shit in America could be if every fucking person didn't have to worry about getting sued for every lil' action they commit?

herpes

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2009, 09:13:41 PM »
LMAO @ he fired  you over the net...I've never in my life heard of that before...thats some funny shit!  WTF...u talk to your boss through instant messenger at work?  LOL...

Some people on this forum fucking disgust me...so many problems in America stem from litigious fucking worthless people who just have to put blame on someone else rather than accept responsibility for themselves.  Why the hell should she sue?  Times are tough...the economy is bad...people are getting laid off all over the place.  She is salary, which means she is exempt from OT pay.  There is nothing illegal about that.  Yet she would come on here talking about how she smoked weed at work all the time, which is illegal...aren't you always talking about that karma?  If you had to hide the weed smoking from your boss, guess you knew that you shouldn't have been doing it at work...so he fires you w/o notice...guess what goes around comes around huh?  Not to mention that slavery ended quite a few years ago...if she didn't like the fact that she worked so much, she could have quit her job at any time.  Do you people realize how much better shit in America could be if every fucking person didn't have to worry about getting sued for every lil' action they commit?

co-sign... in the meantime collect unemployment and look for a new job.  Shit happens and people lose there jobs everyday, its life and a growing experience.  Suing dude is some punk shit.  If he was really robbing you of hours like you said, you do find a way to rob them.  If not, you keep it moving.

Boo-Yaa †

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Keep the Faith
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2009, 04:29:24 AM »

On point.

Why did/would you work OT when you wouldn't get paid extra for it?

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2009, 05:54:41 AM »
LMAO @ topic.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

west koasting

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2009, 06:31:02 AM »
U didint get fired u got laid off
Bullets aint got no names

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2009, 10:36:41 AM »

she was on salary..so she could of worked however many hours a week, and not receive any extra compensation.  on the flip side, say she was supposed to work 40 hours, and she only worked 30, she would still receive the same pay.

thats not really true. Just because you are on salary doesnt mean an employer can legally not pay you overtime. People always believe that because employers lead them to believe it. But trust me, Ive been through a lawsuit like this before.  Some employers even have their employers sign a form waiving them of their lunch breaks and on the clock breaks that they are entitled to. A lot of people assume that means that they have no case against a company for unpaid meal/ on the clock breaks....but that is also untrue.  Of course, winning against a large company is always easier then winning against a small business. Large companies will almost always just settle out of court. Small business might not have the funds to do that and have to just try and fight it in court.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

h2k4

« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2009, 03:09:37 PM »

me: Hey its me, just got here ready to start the day
boss: so whats going on?
me: well I have a fever.. im pretty sick
boss: u should go home I dont want u to contaminate everything
me: yeah? ok.. :)  *excited to be getting half a sick day for the first time ever*
boss: yeah.. and dont come back tomorrow
me: lol ok..
boss: seriously..

LMAO!  That is straight cold blooded!  I would have marched into his/her office and given him/her an ear full.  They should at least have the decency to give you this info face to face.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2009, 04:53:17 PM »
who gets fired online? thats gay shit

west koasting

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2009, 05:03:09 PM »
I know right
Bullets aint got no names

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2009, 06:26:05 PM »
thats fucked up
but yeah you didnt get fired, you got laid off right?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.