Author Topic: Devilish Blazers still VERY willing to ruin Miles' life  (Read 351 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Devilish Blazers still VERY willing to ruin Miles' life
« on: January 13, 2009, 08:49:27 AM »
Before the Portland Trail Blazers resorted to a threatening email to frighten rival NBA teams from signing Darius Miles, team officials late last week made a brazen bid to claim the forward off waivers only to be stopped by the league, multiple front-office sources told Yahoo! Sports. So determined to salvage the salary cap space that would come with the foiling of Miles’ comeback from a devastating knee injury, Portland president Larry Miller and general manager Kevin Pritchard apparently were willing to stash Miles on the sideline and keep him away from other NBA teams. Yahoo! Sports

In denying the Blazers’ move to control Miles, NBA front-office sources say that league executives in New York denied the waiver claim because they believed the Blazers were merely trying to circumvent league salary cap rules. Yahoo! Sports

When reached Monday night, the agent for Miles, Jeff Wechsler, said, “Once again, all we’re concerned with is Darius continuing his playing career. He’s shown he can play and we just want to make sure he has the right to work.” Yahoo! Sports

NBA source asked me today whether or not I believe the NBA player's association really has the best interest of the players in mind when it comes to Darius Miles. Good point. Miles is going to make his money anyway... regardless of whether it counts against the Blazers' salary cap. And he's obviously going to get the gift of another chance with an NBA team. But what of the $18 million in free agent dollars lost in 2009 and 2010? Oregonian

Shiat... Blazers have lost all their goody good image they've been building up during the last years in DAYS. LOL
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Devilish Blazers still VERY willing to ruin Miles' life
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 01:12:30 PM »
^Goody-Good image? huh? that's dedication...their management is dedicated to doing whatever it takes to win. if anything, this makes them look even stronger. there are fans out there who would kill to have their organization this dedicated towards building something.

'EclipZe

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 02:35:36 PM »
^ yeah, blazers are really doing it big, they are building something great if all the pieces come together right

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 02:40:14 PM »
^Goody-Good image? huh? that's dedication...their management is dedicated to doing whatever it takes to win. if anything, this makes them look even stronger. there are fans out there who would kill to have their organization this dedicated towards building something.

Not at the expense of a former player's career
No, it's not a sin

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 02:45:08 PM »
I get what 7even is saying. They spent years getting rid of cancers to shed their "jailblazers" image. Now they're back looking like bad guys trying to ruin D.Miles' life.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 03:04:18 PM »
I don't really see how management trying to save their salary by any means necessary compares to the days of the "Jailblazers"...LOL

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 07:26:42 PM »
^ learn some comprehension nigga.

Darius Miles played again tonight. Just 1 more game to go  ;D

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2009, 07:27:34 PM »
I get what 7even is saying. They spent years getting rid of cancers to shed their "jailblazers" image. Now they're back looking like bad guys trying to ruin D.Miles' life.

his careers goin nowhere anyway lol

league should step in on this before it gets uglier
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

thisoneguy360

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2009, 07:40:55 PM »
Dude put up 13 points in 14 min on 4-6 shooting...not bad at all. As for the Blazers I just laugh.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 07:46:52 PM by 360 »

OchoCinco

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2009, 07:43:06 PM »
so waht does miles get the 18 milly for playin 2 games or wat. i havent really read up on this shit

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2009, 08:29:09 PM »
Dude put up 13 points in 14 min on 4-6 shooting...not bad at all. As for the Blazers I just laugh.

i told yall he still had something in the tank...

thisoneguy360

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2009, 08:50:40 PM »

i told yall he still had something in the tank...

Yeah I don't know why everyone was hating on him so hard, OMG HES DONE HES A FUCKING LOSER BUM. Give the guy a chance lol.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2009, 03:53:36 AM »
so waht does miles get the 18 milly for playin 2 games or wat. i havent really read up on this shit

Miles gets the money he is owed anyways... it's not about that, it's about him playing basketball (I'm sure that's the absolutely only thing he can do) and maybe about re-starting his career and getting another decent contract. The Blazers are pissed because his salary is not counting against the cap or as luxery tax. Now it will, cause he is going th play 10 games. The Grizziles signed him for the minimum and are also going to get tax from the Blazers, (:D), so Miles is costing them almost nothing. Great move! Go Grizziles!
No, it's not a sin

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2009, 10:56:38 AM »
Larry Miller and Kevin Pritchard are having nightmares of this...