Author Topic: Wii december sales. rediculous lol  (Read 295 times)

OchoCinco

Wii december sales. rediculous lol
« on: January 13, 2009, 08:16:18 PM »
January 13, 2009 - Wii was the king of console sales in December, with Xbox 360 a distant second and PS3 pulling up the rear. This according to a report from Wedbush Morgan's Michael Pachter, posted by Gamesindustry.biz.

According to Pachter, Nintendo's Wii sold 3.25 million units in December. That's nearly triple the number of Xbox 360s sold. Microsoft's console scored 1.35 million units in sales, with PlayStation 3 selling only 750,000.

Though the economy is in the dumps, Pachter expects December sales to be 10% higher than at the same time in 2007. Not only is Nintendo top dog in console sales, Patcher expects the big N to pull in the greatest revenue increase with a 53% year-on-year increase. Acti-Blizzard is second, with a 5% increase and EA is third with just a 1% year-on-year decrease. That means only two publishers across the entire industry saw sales increases from the same time in '07. So who had it worst? Pachter notes Ubisoft and THQ were hit hard in December, both down nearly 25%.

everyone and there grandparents got one of these things, damn

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
Re: Wii december sales. rediculous lol
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 08:31:32 PM »
WTF is up w/ PS3 being so low?

DIP DIP SET SET

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 12:08:03 AM »
I'll be getting a Wii like in a couple of months. I was supposed to get one in 08 but that never happened. Anyways I can't wait!

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 05:38:43 PM »
what good games are on the wii, i never hear about them except wii fit and wii sport

Jaydc555

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 09:21:45 PM »
You get a nintendo system if you like nintendo games...it has super Mario galaxy,zelda,Mario kart etc.it doesn't have that many 3rd party games which surprises me because its the number one selling system in total in every country.I don't know but these are american sales and remember that in say Japan even the ps2 still outsells the 360.

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 12:54:48 AM »
well it's not surprising, japs will never buy something that comes from the us, you think they roll in ford and chevrolet? I always liked mario games but I don't think the console is worth the price they're selling it. I plan to get me a ps3 soon, so the wii is not part of my plan but maybe one day...

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009, 04:20:14 AM »
Metroid Prime, Prince of Persia, Red Steel, No More Heroes, and one more, fuck I can't remember the name, graphics were in Sin City style, white, black and red, lot of blood :(

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 12:21:54 PM »
you made a point^^

Jaydc555

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2009, 12:28:59 PM »
I think no more heroes is the one your thinking of...as well manhunt 2 is on the wii

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2009, 12:36:05 PM »
nope, I named NMH ;) but my friend know the name - MadWorld, but it's coming out in March 09

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-2MYPmbgrI0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-2MYPmbgrI0</a>

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

Jaydc555

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2009, 12:37:56 PM »
That looks dope I hadn't heard of that one.I skimmed through your post and didn't read you had it listed lol.ah well.I still haven't gotten a wii but I will over a 360.

Jaydc555

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2009, 12:42:09 PM »
I don't regret buying a ps3 solely because of the fact blu ray is amazing.but when I go to the video game store in my area and they only have 6 or 7 used titles to choose from and then look at 360 and they have 70 to 90 used titles on hands its disheartening

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2009, 10:36:10 AM »
maybe just a couple of titles, but sony plans that the ps3 will be their main system for 10 years, and microsoft wants to release their new system by 2010-2011

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2009, 01:52:52 PM »
Forget the Wii, upgrade and get yourself a 360 or ps3!!

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2009, 01:52:29 PM »
nope, I named NMH ;) but my friend know the name - MadWorld, but it's coming out in March 09

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-2MYPmbgrI0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-2MYPmbgrI0</a>

that game looks insane!