Author Topic: Manchester City launch £91m bid for Kaka  (Read 1821 times)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Manchester City launch £91m bid for Kaka
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2009, 04:40:29 AM »
Failed in there attempt.

As the chant goes "Citys going down with a billion in the bank, a billion in the bank."

but remember.....everytime you make fuel  ;D

It'll be nice to know that every gallon of petrol a Manchester United fan buys is going into our transfer kitty."

Maybe so but the oil is gonna run out .

c'mon,for once don't you like to have a great derby with the City full of great players ?

Not really i remember when we got whopped 5-1 by them, i prefer reminding them they have not won a trophy in over 30 years.

a real derby must be between two strong teams imo

I see what you are saying but spurs and arsenal have had some great matches these last few years and arseanl are always higher than spurs

spurs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>city
lol

kemizt

Elano

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2009, 02:27:28 PM »
Manchester City get permission to speak to Kaka

Manchester City’s attempt to sign Kaka, the AC Milan midfielder, moved a significant step closer tonight after the Italian club gave the Brazilian permission to speak to City's representatives having considered – and reportedly accepted - an improved world record bid of £107 million.

A statement read out on Milan’s official TV channel earlier this evening said the bid was “being considered”, with the Associated Press subsequently stating permission had been granted for the Premier League side to negotiate directly with the player. Kaka and the men who represent him — his agent, Gaetano Paolillo, and his father, Bosco — had been expected to open talks with City on Monday, though with Milan’s apparent acceptance of their offer, that meeting may well be brought forward.

Earlier in the day, Mark Hughes, the Manchester City manager, had reassured the club’s supporters that the audacious move for the 2007 World Player of the Year remained on course, despite reports in Abu Dhabi having earlier today claimed the deal was dead.

"I've seen these reports but you have to bear in mind that the people who are being given a platform to speak do not represent the Sheikh Mansour [the owner] or Khaldoon Al Mubarak [the chairman]," Hughes said.

"In my opinion they should not be given a platform to say what they have because in this instance it is completely untrue because negotiations are still taking place."

Hughes also rejected claims that he had no input in the decision to try and bring the Brazilian to Eastlands for a world-record fee. "It would be naive to think I have not been involved in discussions over this transfer," he added. "I have had meetings about it and have had an input. It is impossible to say whether it will go through or not but we will let everyone know when there is something to say.

"It has been well documented that we have expressed an interest in the player," Hughes added. "Our people went to Milan in the week with a view to getting an understanding of the situation. But to really add any more to that would be wrong. As soon as we have news on any player we will bring that to you. But speculating on different players, is wrong.

"I am always interested in good players. If good players become available, then I'm interested."

Arabianbusiness.com had earlier reported that a senior source close to the club’s owners had said the offer, which amounted to around £13.6m a year in wages after tax, was no longer on the table and Hughes was close to completing the signing of another player.

“The deal is off, and the offer is no longer on the table," the source said. "The club is now pursuing another striker which it is very close to signing. Manchester City is about to unveil a new striker, but he is not called Kaka.”

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2009, 03:03:52 PM »
Oh Jesus Christ, it IS happening.  :o :o :o :o

Elano

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2009, 03:09:56 PM »
City is about to spend something like 600 million euros,its not only about kaka  :o

Elano

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2009, 01:40:29 AM »
Kaka just one piece in the Manchester City jigsaw

Early next week, after he and his father, Bosco, have met Manchester City officials, Kaká will have to decide whether to buy into Garry Cook’s pitch. If the chief executive can sell the Barclays Premier League club to the AC Milan forward, he could be at the City of Manchester Stadium a week today.

One of Kaká’s requirements is that City put together a side capable of finishing in the top four next season, with an eye towards the Champions League in 2010-11. How far away are they? Maybe not as far as some seem to think, especially with the Brazil star on board. For a start, there is Kaká himself. If, as many suggest, he is one of the top three players in the world, alongside Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, there is little question that his transition to England is likely to be smooth.

Much is made of the physical nature of the English game and, in that sense, Kaká, 26, has a clear edge over Messi, the Barcelona forward. At 6ft 1in and weighing nearly 12½st, he is big and solid, the kind of player who rarely gets outmuscled. He is also extremely durable. He has not suffered a significant injury since he was 16 and has featured in more than 90 per cent of Milan’s Serie A and Champions League matches in his 5½ years at the club.

Contrast this with Messi, 21, who is seven inches shorter and some 20lb lighter. While the Argentina player is surprisingly compact and strong for a man his size, he is less robust. He has featured in fewer than three quarters of Barcelona’s league matches since becoming a regular in the 2006-07 season.

Ronaldo, 23, has a similar build to Kaká and is probably more athletic. But if you judge the impact he had upon joining Manchester United from Sporting Lisbon in 2003 and compare it with what Kaká would offer City now, the Brazilian probably has the edge.

For a start, he is eight years older and considerably more mature than Ronaldo was when he moved to England. More important, there is a directness and a simplicity to Kaká’s game that the early Ronaldo lacked. “From the moment he arrived at Milan, I was struck by how quickly he adapted to a European mentality,” Carlo Ancelotti, the Milan coach, said of Kaká last year. “He is, above all, direct. He will always try to go vertically rather than horizontally. And he will never take the extra, unnecessary touch.”

Those qualities, along with a physical presence, are essential in the perpetual-motion machine that is the Premier League. One would expect Kaká to settle quickly and productively — although his experience at Fratton Park in November, when he failed to impose himself against Portsmouth, will give the doubters ammunition. However, the real questions should be about the rest of the side.

It is true that City have underachieved and that some purchases have not worked out, yet the squad is stronger than people realise. With Kaká and Wayne Bridge, who joined from Chelsea this month, it probably would not take more than another four signings to give City a starting XI capable of reaching the top four.

Joe Hart is a promising goalkeeper, but he is only 21. A more experienced player who could provide stability until Hart is ready to take over would be one building block. Another might be a versatile defender, equally confident at centre half or full back, who could provide competition for Micah Richards, Richard Dunne and Pablo Zabaleta. A strong holding midfield player would free up Vincent Kompany to do what he does best, play in the back four, and provide the defensive cover to City’s core of attacking midfield players. Finally, a prolific centre forward would help to convert into goals the many chances that Kaká, Robinho and Co would create.

Who should they sign? If they were to plug Gianluigi Buffon, Pepe, Michael Essien and Fernando Torres into the gaps, they would be instant contenders. But that quartet would cost in excess of £250 million and so it is not going to happen (at least not for now). Yet there are cheaper solutions for each of those positions. And if City can fill them in the right way, they could give Kaká the assurances he needs.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2009, 04:02:59 AM »
fucking oil arabs who have no business in euro soccer ruining it... this is horrible. this sport should be about marketing your team and using OWN money to buy niggas. not having a shit load of oil randomly and spending it on niggas. this shouldn't even be legal. fucking camel jerkers
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Elano

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2009, 04:06:23 AM »
this shouldn't even be legal.
why not ?  ::)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2009, 04:08:34 AM »
so bill gates going all in and buying the 3 best players in the world at each position, that is how soccer is supposed to be according to you? teams should only spend money they acquired in their business, from real sponsors and shit, not from camel jerkers
No, it's not a sin

Elano

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2009, 04:36:05 AM »
so bill gates going all in and buying the 3 best players in the world at each position, that is how soccer is supposed to be according to you? teams should only spend money they acquired in their business, from real sponsors and shit, not from camel jerkers
this camel jerker is the new LEGIT owner of the manchester city.

"teams should only spend money they acquired in their busines"
WELCOME TO 30 YEARS AGO

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2009, 05:49:12 AM »

WELCOME TO 30 YEARS AGO

he's fucking right- these guys ruin football, how you can call it a fair competition when some rich fucks keep foobtall clubs as a toy? A football club belongs to the fans, and not to some oil arabs who doesn't even identify. But I don't expect a Inter fan to understand this... If Manchester City wins a national trophy in 2 years only because some dude give them let's say 500m €, how can you call that an achievement?

But professional football as a sport died a long time ago anyway. It's all about money and business, fuck it.
They drive real fans out of the stadiums -those that create the atmosphere- with horrible prices and replace them with wealthy wannabe fans, just to raise the wager of those moneywhores and their greedy agents.

It's pretty amusing tho, look at Chelski, Abramovic invested nearly 800 million in 5 years, and they haven't even won the CL. Now that he's lost so much money, he won't buy them new players, and soon as he loses interest, he'll leave them with so much debts they'll never recover. Man City has destiny.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 05:54:35 AM by Dr. Ján Ïtor »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2009, 05:59:46 AM »
Elano is just happy because the best player of the team he hates most gets taken away from them. If they bought Zlatan I doubt he would love it all that much  ;)

Whoever touches Ribery, Ima kill him
No, it's not a sin

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2009, 06:09:18 AM »
^^ yeah only that they can buy atleast 2 Kaka's with the money

I think he's mad that his hero is no longer the highest paid bitch in the world.

I give him another 1 1/2 years. Maybe Kaka will be his teammate in 2 years.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 06:11:16 AM by Dr. Ján Ïtor »

Elano

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2009, 06:35:37 AM »
Elano is just happy because the best player of the team he hates most gets taken away from them. If they bought Zlatan I doubt he would love it all that much  ;)

No,i'm just happy to see another big team in manchester :P

Elano

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2009, 06:38:31 AM »

WELCOME TO 30 YEARS AGO

he's fucking right- these guys ruin football, how you can call it a fair competition when some rich fucks keep foobtall clubs as a toy? A football club belongs to the fans, and not to some oil arabs who doesn't even identify. But I don't expect a Inter fan to understand this... If Manchester City wins a national trophy in 2 years only because some dude give them let's say 500m €, how can you call that an achievement?

But professional football as a sport died a long time ago anyway. It's all about money and business, fuck it.
They drive real fans out of the stadiums -those that create the atmosphere- with horrible prices and replace them with wealthy wannabe fans, just to raise the wager of those moneywhores and their greedy agents.

It's pretty amusing tho, look at Chelski, Abramovic invested nearly 800 million in 5 years, and they haven't even won the CL. Now that he's lost so much money, he won't buy them new players, and soon as he loses interest, he'll leave them with so much debts they'll never recover. Man City has destiny.

You are a borussia dortmund fan,your club is shit and will always be SHIT.
I don't expect a Borussia fan to understand anything

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2009, 08:50:14 AM »
Hahaha Im loving all this hate  ;D

Accusations that we are ruining the game are rubbish. We did not invent this playing field, we are merely outplaying the others at the game they started.  :D