Author Topic: Manchester City launch £91m bid for Kaka  (Read 1820 times)

Elano

Re: Manchester City launch £91m bid for Kaka
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2009, 09:10:09 AM »
Hahaha Im loving all this hate  ;D

Accusations that we are ruining the game are rubbish. We did not invent this playing field, we are merely outplaying the others at the game they started.  :D

don't pay attention to a borussia dortmund supporter  :D

bez

« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2009, 12:49:07 PM »
Disgraceful. I dont care who it is, Barce, Real, Man City, this type of money should not be allowed to be spent on a player.

Sure Man City fans love it now but what happens if this guy ups and leaves, him and his money. You wont be cheering when you're bankrupt. Fifa desperatly needs to sort out transfer fee's and introduce a wage cap, i've been saying it for years.

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2009, 01:21:23 PM »
Disgraceful. I dont care who it is, Barce, Real, Man City, this type of money should not be allowed to be spent on a player.

Sure Man City fans love it now but what happens if this guy ups and leaves, him and his money. You wont be cheering when you're bankrupt. Fifa desperatly needs to sort out transfer fee's and introduce a wage cap, i've been saying it for years.

Trust me mate the guy is here for a long time,
Manchester City are running the club within it's means.
Unlike other clubs that are full of debt (cough cough United)

I think FIFA should look into owners who cant afford, what they have bought.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2009, 03:36:46 PM »
so bill gates going all in and buying the 3 best players in the world at each position, that is how soccer is supposed to be according to you? teams should only spend money they acquired in their business, from real sponsors and shit, not from camel jerkers

kemizt

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2009, 03:51:34 PM »
so bill gates going all in and buying the 3 best players in the world at each position, that is how soccer is supposed to be according to you? teams should only spend money they acquired in their business, from real sponsors and shit, not from camel jerkers

Elano

« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2009, 05:14:25 PM »
I think FIFA should look into owners who cant afford, what they have bought.

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2009, 12:18:37 AM »
^ For example the one of Internazionale F.C. who has more than 400 millions of € in debts?

Elano

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2009, 03:11:52 AM »
^ For example the one of Internazionale F.C. who has more than 400 millions of € in debts?

Antonio moratti ogni hanno ripiana di tasca sua,cosi come quel ladro del berlusca.
Non attaccarti a ste cose dai  ;)

Elano

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2009, 04:10:43 AM »
MANCHESTER City owner Sheikh Mansour lost £440MILLION yesterday — nearly DOUBLE what he is set to spend on Brazilian soccer ace Kaka.

The Arab tycoon, who hopes to sign AC Milan’s Kaka in a £243million deal, was stunned as Barclays shares crashed by 25 per cent — wiping £27BILLION off the bank’s market value.

The Sheikh, 38, had plunged £3.5billion of his estimated £33billion fortune into Barclays last October, giving him a 16.3 per cent stake.

But a banking insider said last night: “It’s fair to say Sheikh Mansour had a day from hell.

“Talk about being in the Kaka. He must have watched the news with his head in his hands.

“You wake up preparing to make history with the biggest ever offer to a footballer. Hours later, you’re down £440million.”

Hopes

A £440million loss is equivalent to the gross domestic product of African nation Gambia.

Abu Dhabi royal Mansour bought Man City, managed by Mark Hughes, last September — raising hopes of an influx of star players.

The Sun revealed yesterday that he hopes to take Kaka, 26, to the club by splashing £108million on a transfer, another £108million on the attacker’s wages and £27million in fees.

He bought into Barclays when it raised £7billion from investors rather than lose independence in a British government bail-out. His stake is now worth £1.3billion.

Barclays insisted last night it was not in any financial difficulty.

Elano

« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2009, 04:14:16 AM »
Outrageous.” “Crass.” “Vulgar.” “Insensitive.” “Not in the real world.” Just some of the appalled reviews of Manchester City’s alleged willingness to pay Kaká £500,000 a week.

We agree. It’s way too little.

Half a mill? This is Kaká we’re talking about. And — more importantly — Manchester City. Do the basic sums, bearing in mind those circumstances, and it just doesn’t add up. Indeed, £500,000 a week could almost be construed as an insult.

We’ve done some number-crunching of our own and our considered opinion, based on an appropriately cautious view of the marketplace and taking into account the likely volatility of the global economy, going forward, is that City need to be offering Kaká about 15 times as much as that before the all-important “personal terms” aspect of this proposed deal begins to make any sense for the Brazilian at all.

For illustration purposes, we have drawn up our own salary and benefits package, which we firmly believe represents a more realistic valuation of the player’s services.

Our calculations begin with a basic non-negotiable sum of £1 million a week, offered in lieu of Champions League appearances. Let’s face it, Champions League action is what the big-name players live for. And Kaká isn’t going to be seeing any at City — obviously not this season, certainly not next season, and, most likely, not in any season. Allowing for the inevitable disappointment and sense of thwarted ambition, £1 million a week seems a reasonable enough non-performance clause.

Related to this, we also propose a further £800,000 a week against the possibility, in two or three years’ time, that City may again end up in the Uefa Cup. Now, that really would be a disaster for the world’s richest club and footballer. There’s an old saying: if God had intended football to be played on a Thursday night, He would have invented the Uefa Cup. But He didn’t. Uefa did. We believe £800,000 a week would help to ease any embarrassment to the player.

We move on to the additional fee of £1.4 million a week, offered in good faith as a kind of apology for sinking possibly the greatest player in the world directly into a relegation dogfight, with the real prospect lying uneasily ahead of testing and tasty battles with the likes of West Bromwich Albion, Blackburn Rovers and Stoke City. Call it parachute money, if you like.

We then add in another £500,000, calculated as ongoing reimbursement because Kaká is going to be spending his weekends watching crosses from Shaun Wright-Phillips disappear into the stands at heights in excess of 25 feet. And we lob in a further £25,000 petty cash, under the general bracket “Stephen Ireland”.

We allow another £1.6 million a week “opprobrium” payment, designed to reflect the amount of stick Kaká will get, purely as a consequence of his transfer fee and wages. And we incorporate an “Oliver Hardy clause”, worth £750,000 a week, to offset the tiresome fact that nearly everyone who isn’t a City fan will be hoping to see him fall flat on his face.

Inevitably, our figure incorporates £450,000 per week “Shevchenko weighting” — danger money offered in the light of the known phenomenon wherein a player arrives with a gobsmackingly large price tag attached to his ankles and finds that the weight of it causes an instant, drastic and ultimately irreparable collapse of form.

Finally, there is the umbrella payment, designed to acknowledge, and, in as far as possible, financially compensate for the fact that, if Kaká goes to City, he will be required to live for the rest of his career with the reputation of being a player who joined a club purely for the money. Nothing wrong with that, of course. But the money had better be good. So we suggest another £1.35 million a week in respect of that.

Which brings our final salary to £7.875 million a week. Before tax, of course.

One can understand why City have opened negotiations so conservatively. All of us are, in our different ways, cutting our cloth carefully in this new era of prudence. For you or me, that might mean reining back slightly on takeaway coffees at £2.40 a pop. For City, that means going in at a mere £500,000 a week for Kaká.

At the same time, with the deal on a knife edge, this is no time for the club to be holding back. Do they really want the Brazilian? It’s time for them to come down off the financial fence and make it emphatically clear, if so. City should at least do the player the honour of acknowledging the full extent of what they are asking of him.

The price of that seems to us to be £7.875 million a week, bottom line. Go get him, City.

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2009, 04:22:18 AM »

Antonio moratti ogni hanno ripiana di tasca sua,cosi come quel ladro del berlusca.

Petta. Se vuoi ti scrivo un intero libro sui giochini contabili che avete fatto, eh. Come creare una sotto-società che si "compra" tutti i vostri debiti, e cose simili. Così è facile.
La realtà è che c'avete oltre 400 mln di debiti, punto e basta. Tanto che Moratti è da anni che cerca di vendere l'Inter ma col cazzo che trova un acquirente.
Poi per carità, tifo Juventus e Arsenal, e ho imparato da entrambe che non importa quanti soldi hai, ma come li spendi. Non sono invidioso.

Elano

« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2009, 04:25:12 AM »

Petta. Se vuoi ti scrivo un intero libro sui giochini contabili che avete fatto, eh. Come creare una sotto-società che si "compra" tutti i vostri debiti, e cose simili. Così è facile.
La realtà è che c'avete oltre 400 mln di debiti, punto e basta. Tanto che Moratti è da anni che cerca di vendere l'Inter ma col cazzo che trova un acquirente.
Poi per carità, tifo Juventus e Arsenal, e ho imparato da entrambe che non importa quanti soldi hai, ma come li spendi. Non sono invidioso.

i "giochini contabili" li fanno tutti e lo sai benissimo anche tu.
inter e milan sono indebitate è vero ma perchè spendono tanto tra ingaggi e acquisti,però ogni anni moratti e il nano ripianano di tasca loro.
se moratti volesse veramente vendere l'inter,CREDIMI,troverebbe la fila fuori dalla saras

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2009, 04:29:39 AM »

i "giochini contabili" li fanno tutti e lo sai benissimo anche tu.
inter e milan sono indebitate è vero ma perchè spendono tanto tra ingaggi e acquisti,però ogni anni moratti e il nano ripianano di tasca loro.
se moratti volesse veramente vendere l'inter,CREDIMI,troverebbe la fila fuori dalla saras

Mah. Resta il fatto che c'avete 400 mln di debiti, e che prima o poi sia Moratti che il nano dovranno pagarli.

Elano

« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2009, 04:43:41 AM »
400 non credo proprio

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2009, 05:02:20 AM »
400 non credo proprio

Tanto è. Ma tanto dormi tranquillo: ormai comandate voi.