Author Topic: Manchester City launch £91m bid for Kaka  (Read 1822 times)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Manchester City launch £91m bid for Kaka
« Reply #90 on: January 19, 2009, 03:12:38 AM »
I reckon Dortmund as a sleeping giant. And I'll bet they will be back in CL sometime soon.

kemizt

Elano

« Reply #91 on: January 19, 2009, 03:29:47 AM »
who gives a fuck about the b.dortmund ? this thread is about the manchester city

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #92 on: January 19, 2009, 03:47:45 AM »
Seems to me like you guys are always discussing Dortmund.

kemizt

Elano

« Reply #93 on: January 19, 2009, 03:54:13 AM »
Kaka deal: Manchester City say 'It's now or never'

A delegation from Manchester City will fly to Milan this morning to try to secure an astonishing £103 million deal to sign Kaká. Mark Hughes, the City manager, warned that the club “cannot hang about” if they are serious about their intention to acquire the former World Player of the Year.

City held a first round of negotiations with AC Milan about the proposed world-record deal on Tuesday and were encouraged to return to Italy today for a second meeting. Garry Cook, the executive chairman, and Simon Pearce, a representative of Sheikh Mansour, City's wealthy owner, are scheduled to arrive in Milan this morning for a meeting at which they hope to persuade Kaká to join a club who are four points above the relegation zone in the Barclays Premier League.

Cook and Pearce expect to hold further negotiations with Adriano Galliani, the Milan vice-president, today, but also, more critically, they hope to hold face-to-face discussions with Bosco Leite, Kaká's father and principal adviser.

Doubts have been raised about whether Kaká truly wishes to join City, who have offered him a contract that is potentially worth a staggering £500,000 a week. But, having been surprised by Milan's indication that they would sell, the Brazil forward has authorised his father to listen to City's sales pitch. If Kaká chooses to stay in Milan in the short term, Real Madrid are likely to make a renewed bid for his services at the end of the season.

City, who are also close to completing the signings of Nigel de Jong, the Hamburg and Holland midfield player, and Craig Bellamy, the West Ham United and Wales striker, are aware of this and, while Galliani insists that nothing will be decided imminently, Hughes believes that the club will not have a better chance to sign one of the world's elite players.

“It may be that in future a deal to bring Kaká to Manchester City will not present itself again, so, when it does, you have to follow it through,” Hughes said yesterday. “You can't hang about and think we'll wait until the next transfer window.

“You have to react when it presents itself. Timescales go out of the window when you are trying to do deals for players. You have to react quickly when the opportunity comes to acquire a player of that standard.

“We look at Kaká and it works for us. It works for me, it works for the club from a business point of view and we will try and make it happen.”

By far the biggest threat to the planned coup is Kaká's state of mind. While Galliani and even Silvio Berlusconi, the Milan owner, appear to have reconciled themselves to selling him, Kaká is known to have reservations about the deal and will need to be persuaded that City can live up to their grandiose plan to become the biggest club on the planet.

He will have to be persuaded about future transfer plans and, if he is to sign, he is expected to request a get-out clause in his contract that would allow him to leave at the end of next season if City have not qualified for the Champions League in 2010-11.

Milan supporters protested against the sale of Kaká during their 1-0 victory over Fiorentina on Saturday evening, but Galliani suggested last night that the club were having their hand forced by economic reality. “We could not fail to think about this [deal] during the world crisis,” he said. “A club with a healthy balance has more certainties of going forward in time, [but] don't think that those who manage Milan do not have sentiments.”

Hughes, who will take his players away on a winter training camp today, has said that, with several complicated contractual and commercial issues to be addressed, he expects the deal to rumble on. He is more confident, however, that De Jong and Bellamy will join the club within days.

In Bellamy's absence yesterday, West Ham beat Fulham 3-1 at Upton Park, while a goal from Jermain Defoe, his first since returning to White Hart Lane, earned Tottenham Hotspur a point in a 1-1 draw against Portsmouth, his former club.

HD

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WCCWF Champion
« Reply #94 on: January 19, 2009, 10:22:50 AM »
fuck man city

bez

« Reply #95 on: January 19, 2009, 10:25:54 AM »
Its not Man City's fault. They have money, thats great. I suppose let them spend it. But when youre offering 100 million for a player its about time FIFA stepped in and just put a stop to it. The only way to do it is do create a cap. Or give each team salaries or something. "You can only spent this much on these types of players, foreign, home, etc".

I respect Man City as a club but 100 million is too much money. Chelsea is the same in my opinion. I think the maximum amount you are allowed to pay for a player should be 40 million. The wage cape should be nothing over 70/75 grand a week. Thats it, simple as. No if's or buts, nothing. No player is even worth that amount of money but I think a cap is definetly necessary in order to stop this ignorant ruining of the beautiful game.

It's too late for a salary cap

Hows that? Fifa just say "we have introduced a salary cap. Everyone that was on 75 grand a week, you are now on 50. No player would want to move clubs because they would be on exactly the same at another. Easy.

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #96 on: January 20, 2009, 05:00:21 AM »
Just like i thought, never mind dude. Talk to me when you hit puberty...

don't waste your time and argue with this guy, it's hopeless... he seems to be obsessed with faeces, in every post you can read bla...bla....shit.... more bla

I reckon Dortmund as a sleeping giant. And I'll bet they will be back in CL sometime soon.

We won't be playing in CL anytime soon... bayern has reserved one spot out of three, then there's Hoffenheim with their billionaire, Leverkusen and Wolfsburg, two clubs without tradition and fans but who are backed by companies ( Bayer and Volkswagen), Schalke with Gazprom, plus Hamburg and bremen, who are comparable money wise but who have a better team atm.

who gives a fuck about the b.dortmund ? this thread is about the manchester city

you started that dickhead.

btw.  Robinho already left the training camp yesterday, looks like he's not satisfied. Believe me, man City will not reach the Cl within the next 2 1/2 years, I predict this project will fail.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #97 on: January 23, 2009, 11:20:44 AM »
Disgraceful. I dont care who it is, Barce, Real, Man City, this type of money should not be allowed to be spent on a player.

Sure Man City fans love it now but what happens if this guy ups and leaves, him and his money. You wont be cheering when you're bankrupt. Fifa desperatly needs to sort out transfer fee's and introduce a wage cap, i've been saying it for years.

Trust me mate the guy is here for a long time,
Manchester City are running the club within it's means.
Unlike other clubs that are full of debt (cough cough United)

I think FIFA should look into owners who cant afford, what they have bought.

We may be in debt but we were recently valued at 1.2 billion so if we had to pay up the debt it wouldnt be a problem. Where as city dont even own there ground.

In all honesty i dont care how much money city have because the limited success they have will only be short lived. Just as Chelsea found out, no idea city will buy a whole new squad (coz there current team is shit) but that doesnt mean there going to win anything.

Do u realy think our owner wont buy our ground???
your in debt no matter how u look at it.
Even ya sponsors are skint.

Anyway stop being obsessed with City, and go and support your local team.

Why would anyone be obsessed with city ?

Well your fans are
Every 5 minutes in 1 of your games your singing 1 of ya shit nursery rhyme songs about City.
Pete Boyle must be your hero lol

Even in this thread u had to have a pop
Like i say Obsessed

Lol so city dont sings songs about united at games ???

Of course i was gonna have a pop would you expect any difference from a fan of a rival club.

Pete Boyle has come up with some decent chants over the years like the o shea one which Liverpool have ripped off for torres but he is far from my hero !

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #98 on: January 23, 2009, 07:19:11 PM »
What's the O'Shea one mate?

The Maestro

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #99 on: January 25, 2009, 10:58:53 AM »
What's the O'Shea one mate?

<a href="http://uk.youtube.com/v/SSSPxg81FpE" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://uk.youtube.com/v/SSSPxg81FpE</a>

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson