Author Topic: Why did "Get Up" flop?  (Read 768 times)

--Vance--

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You can't spell Dilate without L.A.
Why did "Get Up" flop?
« on: January 15, 2009, 03:04:23 AM »
When it first came out, I thought this will be a big single... 50 back on the grind, no candy shop/amusement park crap type of track. Just a good club banger with a great Scott beat. I have never seen the video in TV or elsewhere.

Sometimes I feel sorry for 50

Is 50's career over?

THEV1LL4N

Re: Why did "Get Up" flop?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 03:11:36 AM »
apparently it didnt go according to plan. therefore caused delays in releasing his album because he wanted to get a no. 1 before releasing the album. so he might chnange the track list around a little or add a song to it.

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 03:12:31 AM »
You kinda undestand Fiddy and why he does tracks with Timberlake...when you try to do something a little bit different, you get kicked in the head. I wonder how much would Get Rich Or Die Trying sell nowadays. :laugh:

I remember when I was talking about the crappy raps of 50 Cent a few years ago...well when you look back at that, I would rather take 50 Cent or even Ja Rule over these young jocs & birdguys. They shit all over these guys.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 03:17:26 AM by Booz »

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 03:47:31 AM »
I also think the track was dope and better than most of the singles out right now. I didn't do that bad though (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Get_Up_(50_Cent_song)), it's just wan't anything special chart wise for his standards. But imo the main reason that happened is because Get Up is another desperate try from 50 to create another "In Da Club" as is I Get In. People can tell that he sounds forced on these 2 tracks and have heard this type of tracks from him 10 times before. That's why I Get Money was such a big hit, listen to his flow on that track. He just needs to try something different when it comes to singles, maybe something more in the vain of Poppin Them Thangs or Stunt 101, which are not by definition your club bangers but more car jams that became club joints.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 03:49:19 AM by Meho »

Jome

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 03:59:02 AM »
Let me analyze some key moments real quick:

* No Akon
* No T-Pain
* No Chris Brown, Ne-Yo or any other boring chump singing
* No corny dance attached to the video

= Flop these days.

The music industry is fucked, and they can only blame themselves for over-using the same 5-10 artists until they get played out and replacing them with new fads.

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 04:11:26 AM »
because the album was pushed back and label decided not to promote it? who cares about commercial success? just enjoy it if you like it

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

Soopahigh

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009, 04:15:17 AM »

* No Akon
* No T-Pain

= Flop these days.

The music industry is fucked, and they can only blame themselves for over-using the same 5-10 artists until they get played out and replacing them with new fads.

unfortunately, you're right... :-\

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 06:46:12 AM »
As a Hip-Hop fan, I am a small percentage of the mainstream that he has to get listening to him.  This is why I didn't give the song any plays:   

The song is the same shit we've from 50 over the last albums he's put out.  The same generic-gangsta club shit.  Over and over again.  There's no substance, I can't listen to any 50 songs nowadays because they don't inspire me to do nothing positive.  We have all heard this song before, he hasn't changed anything up.  The mainstream is over the gangsta shit now, they want something all the way in party mode with no menacing or negative raps at all.  This is why the mainstream has chosen the things that Jome listed as what their feeling.

I think it would be a real good idea for 50 and for Hip-Hop if 50 switched it up and tryed to put forth a positive song with substance as his single.  We all know the fans like change, and he is still (whether u like it or not) a force in Hip-Hop, able to start new movements.

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2009, 07:31:19 AM »
My Life came first on my mind as a single, that's not followed by the things Jome mentioned and is relatively successful in charts.

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2009, 07:57:57 AM »

* No Akon
* No T-Pain

= Flop these days.

Tragic truth.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2009, 08:20:27 AM »
My Life came first on my mind as a single, that's not followed by the things Jome mentioned and is relatively successful in charts.

It does have Lil Wayne on the hook though; but yeah it's a single with some actual substance.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2009, 08:25:30 AM »
When it first came out, I thought this will be a big single... 50 back on the grind, no candy shop/amusement park crap type of track. Just a good club banger with a great Scott beat. I have never seen the video in TV or elsewhere.

Sometimes I feel sorry for 50

Is 50's career over?

i hope so.
by the way, you don't really mean that you feel sorry for him right?  ;)

Žŕiņēė

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Cold Hearted Son Of A Bitch
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2009, 09:38:23 AM »
I think his career is kind of fizzling out...but he should have no complaints he had a realllllly good run compared to some other people.

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2009, 09:38:30 AM »
I think Jome hit the nail on the head. "No Lil Wayne" belongs on the list as well.

red

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2009, 09:46:50 AM »
man other than the beat, that song was ass.