Author Topic: Monday- Cavs at Lakers...........  (Read 1081 times)

teecee

Re: Monday- Cavs at Lakers...........
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2009, 09:05:46 AM »
Just as I thought, the Cavs would have no chance in this one.  As I said before, no team in the league can win against the Lakers without three starters.  The Cavs had no size down low, and could not handle Bynum or Gasol at all.

One thing I will say is this:  the Lakers are BY FAR the most talented team in the league.  If they do not win the title, its only because of a lack of leadership and defensive intensity.   It is their's to lose, they have the POTENTIAL (NIK's favourite word) to be the best.   Question is, are they tough enough to do it for four rounds. 

wcsoldier

« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2009, 10:37:30 AM »
Cavs missed 2 starters and not 3 , then y'all have to stop acting like Cavs roster = Lebron+ D-League players ... Lakers have their injury aswell ... truth is when this team is focused on both end of the floor , it's without the doubt the best team in this league ... lol at "lack of leadership" ...

teecee

« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2009, 10:47:15 AM »
Cavs missed 2 starters and not 3 , then y'all have to stop acting like Cavs roster = Lebron+ D-League players ... Lakers have their injury aswell ... truth is when this team is focused on both end of the floor , it's without the doubt the best team in this league ... lol at "lack of leadership" ...

Where was that leaderhsip and toughness last year in the finals man?  Kobe can be a great leader, but his teams have had some very questionable games with him as leader (game 6 vs. Celtics, game 7 vs Suns).   And when I say leadership, I mean a guy who can get this team playing at the top of their game every game.  IF they play hard all the time, they cannot lose as they have the best player, coach, and supporting cast.  It shouldn't even be in doubt, but it is.

And yes, the Lakers have  a few injuries, but no starters out.  GIve the Cavs a full linu-up, take out any two starters on the Lakers not named Kobe, and what happens with this game?

Fact:

The Cavs are the least talented of the top teams in the league, but usually play great defense and a team game, and have a much-improved LBJ. 

wcsoldier

« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2009, 11:11:16 AM »
^^^^ Kobe had some letdowns I agree but these couple of games are not enough to call a lack of leadership ... so the Lakers have the best player , the best supporting cast until this point I agree with you but the best coach ? LOL ... Phil used to be great but he's not the best anymore and it's not even up to discuss imo .... at least half of our losses are due to bad coach decisions , lack of adjustments ... replacing Vlad by Walton in the starting 5 was probably the worst decision of his carreer ... then a good role player like Powell who hustles on the boards and D the pick n roll better than any of our bigs had to wait Lamar injury to see some minutes , he played very well as a role player then now that Lamar is back , he ain't seeing the floor anymore again whereas Lazy Bynum can't grab a rebound to save his life ....

teecee

« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2009, 11:23:37 AM »
^^^^ Kobe had some letdowns I agree but these couple of games are not enough to call a lack of leadership ... so the Lakers have the best player , the best supporting cast until this point I agree with you but the best coach ? LOL ... Phil used to be great but he's not the best anymore and it's not even up to discuss imo .... at least half of our losses are due to bad coach decisions , lack of adjustments ... replacing Vlad by Walton in the starting 5 was probably the worst decision of his carreer ... then a good role player like Powell who hustles on the boards and D the pick n roll better than any of our bigs had to wait Lamar injury to see some minutes , he played very well as a role player then now that Lamar is back , he ain't seeing the floor anymore again whereas Lazy Bynum can't grab a rebound to save his life ....

Phil has definitely slipped, but his track record speaks for itself.  Still, when the Lakers struggle, the obvious adjustments aren't always made, so I give you that.  Bynum playerd well last night though, at least better than he has been.  And of course Kobe is a great leader, but he can also be very selfish, no?  And other than him and D-Fish, who else is mentally tough?

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2009, 11:44:29 AM »
I really don't know what the fuck is up with Phil Jackson. It's so obvious Gasol and Bynum can't play in the same starting five. Gasol is a much better post player than Bynum, and Bynum doesn't fit well next to him cause he wants the ball in his hands too (instead than focusing on defense and rebounds). Phil should bench Bynum and play Ariza as the SF, Odom as the PF and Gasol as the C. With Bynum and Powell ready to make an impact off the bench (they fit together pretty well, imho).

SF Ariza/Radmanovic/Walton
PF Odom/Powell
C Gasol/Bynum/Mihm

wcsoldier

« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2009, 11:45:38 AM »

Phil has definitely slipped, but his track record speaks for itself.  Still, when the Lakers struggle, the obvious adjustments aren't always made, so I give you that.  Bynum playerd well last night though, at least better than he has been.  And of course Kobe is a great leader, but he can also be very selfish, no?  And other than him and D-Fish, who else is mentally tough?

Kobe was very selfish at times with no reason to be in his early days I gave you that ... then until last season , he did not have the choice , he had to be selfish from the 04-05 to the 06-07 season included...

Nowadays , I'd say that he can be too unselfish (as the last example in the SAS game , I'd have let it fly instead  of passing to Trevor , same with with Sasha in the game in Orlando ... but still if he would have taken and missed those , people called him a ballhog)

On the mentally toughness , I think lots have overanalyzed the loss against the Cs last year ... of course they ain't tough as Charles Oakley or Bill Lambeer but still you can't play at that level with being that weak mentally ... a lot never went to the Finals , let alone a 2nd playoffs round ... I think they will be tough enough when really needed this season (see Christmas game or yersterday one .. )

wcsoldier

« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2009, 11:54:02 AM »
I really don't know what the fuck is up with Phil Jackson. It's so obvious Gasol and Bynum can't play in the same starting five. Gasol is a much better post player than Bynum, and Bynum doesn't fit well next to him cause he wants the ball in his hands too (instead than focusing on defense and rebounds). Phil should bench Bynum and play Ariza as the SF, Odom as the PF and Gasol as the C. With Bynum and Powell ready to make an impact off the bench (they fit together pretty well, imho).

PF Odom/Powell
C Gasol/Bynum/Mihm

I agree on the Bynum/Gasol thing ... we should go back to last year lineup then Bynum and Powell can be a great defensive duo off the bench (showed great potential in that GS game , only one game though ...) 

I strongly disagree with starting Ariza though ... we still need his energy off the bench AND Vlad flat out sucks when he's not starting ... Starting both Ariza and Odom is not good for the spacing on offense ..

westsiderider323

« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2009, 11:57:02 AM »
beautiful win to make up those 2 ugly losses  8)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2009, 02:43:48 PM »
Just as I thought, the Cavs would have no chance in this one.  As I said before, no team in the league can win against the Lakers without three starters.  The Cavs had no size down low, and could not handle Bynum or Gasol at all.

One thing I will say is this:  the Lakers are BY FAR the most talented team in the league.  If they do not win the title, its only because of a lack of leadership and defensive intensity.   It is their's to lose, they have the POTENTIAL (NIK's favourite word) to be the best.   Question is, are they tough enough to do it for four rounds. 

stfu, genius..."potential"? Lakers ARE the best team in the league... by far. and when the Lakers have the best leader in the game, you sound a little dumb saying they'd lose "only because of a lack of leadership". LOL.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2009, 02:47:31 PM »

Where was that leaderhsip and toughness last year in the finals man?  Kobe can be a great leader, but his teams have had some very questionable games with him as leader (game 6 vs. Celtics, game 7 vs Suns).   And when I say leadership, I mean a guy who can get this team playing at the top of their game every game.  IF they play hard all the time, they cannot lose as they have the best player, coach, and supporting cast.  It shouldn't even be in doubt, but it is.

And yes, the Lakers have  a few injuries, but no starters out.  GIve the Cavs a full linu-up, take out any two starters on the Lakers not named Kobe, and what happens with this game?

Fact:

The Cavs are the least talented of the top teams in the league, but usually play great defense and a team game, and have a much-improved LBJ. 

LMAO...so when the supporting cast doesn't step up, it's all because of Kobe...ahahahahaha. I guess Phil Jackson is also a terrible coach, right?

STFU!

and yea...2 starter pretty much were out for the Lakers. Well, Farmar isn't a starter, but he plays starter minutes, so please, stop the obvious hating...it sucks that you lost money on the Lakers last year, but it doesn't call for all the bs you've been spewing.

teecee

« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2009, 02:51:18 PM »

stfu, genius..."potential"? Lakers ARE the best team in the league... by far. and when the Lakers have the best leader in the game, you sound a little dumb saying they'd lose "only because of a lack of leadership". LOL.

First of all, don't ever tell me to shut the fuck up.  Secondly, the Lakers DO have the most talent in the league, which I already pointed out.  Third, its a little premature to say Kobe is the best leader in the game before he has lead his team to anything other than losing a finals where they bllew the biggest lead in finals history, to getting completely destroyed in the deciding game.  

At this point in the season, how are the Lakers by far the best?  Who that matters, besides a depleted Cavs squad, have the Lakers beat lately?  They are inconsistent on the defensive end, and lack toughness.  Gasol is the man right now, but we will see how that plays out.  Bynum?  Cares more about himself then the team at this point.  Obviously the Magic are the best team right now, although I can't see it lasting.

The only person that wouild say the Lakers are the best team "by far" is you NIK.  On the real, the top 5 teams are damn close and any of them can beat each other when playing hot.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2009, 02:53:06 PM »

PF Odom/Powell
C Gasol/Bynum/Mihm

I dunno, man...I like the line-up with Gasol and Bynum on the floor. Bynum is too good to come off the bench. When he catches the ball deep in the post, it's an automatic basket or a foul. You don't wanna discourage a young player like that by benching them. Gasol also isn't strong enough to defend against some starting 5s out there. it was exposed last year in the Finals...some of you are doubting Phil and his decisions, but HE IS still the best coach in the league. regardless of what you may think, he looks at the game from a psychological perspective and this is the way to go...even the move to put Luke in the starting 5 wasn't bad, cuz it got Luke playing much better ball. I think ya'll need to stop questioning Phil so much. we're the best team in the league! he ain't no Doc Rivers...PeACe

teecee

« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2009, 02:53:34 PM »

Fact:

LMAO...so when the supporting cast doesn't step up, it's all because of Kobe...ahahahahaha. I guess Phil Jackson is also a terrible coach, right?

STFU!

and yea...2 starter pretty much were out for the Lakers. Well, Farmar isn't a starter, but he plays starter minutes, so please, stop the obvious hating...it sucks that you lost money on the Lakers last year, but it doesn't call for all the bs you've been spewing.

HOw does Farmar equal two starters?  ANd what BS am I spewing?  I said the LAkers are the most talented team, they are the favourite to win the title.  What do you disagree with?  If its the Kobe leader thing, I guess I would like to see him with a finals MVP or two before I could call him the best leader in the game.  Is that so insane?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2009, 02:57:43 PM »

First of all, don't ever tell me to shut the fuck up.  Secondly, the Lakers DO have the most talent in the league, which I already pointed out.  Third, its a little premature to say Kobe is the best leader in the game before he has lead his team to anything other than losing a finals where they bllew the biggest lead in finals history, to getting completely destroyed in the deciding game.  

At this point in the season, how are the Lakers by far the best?  Who that matters, besides a depleted Cavs squad, have the Lakers beat lately?  They are inconsistent on the defensive end, and lack toughness.  Gasol is the man right now, but we will see how that plays out.  Bynum?  Cares more about himself then the team at this point.  Obviously the Magic are the best team right now, although I can't see it lasting.

The only person that wouild say the Lakers are the best team "by far" is you NIK.  On the real, the top 5 teams are damn close and any of them can beat each other when playing hot.

first of all, stfu...

second of all. anyone who watched the Lakers closely through these past few years knows that the only reason Lakers were a playoff team and the only reason they made the finals last season was due to Kobe's leadership... How is it premature to call him the best leader in the league? LOLLL. Who is it then? LeBron? :-X Kobe led the Olympic team back to Gold, he is BY FARRR the best leader in the game as of now... and since when does Bynum care more about himself than the team? Did he personally tell you this? LMAO@the haterism.

Lakers are the best team... there is no question. when we boost our play to peak levels, we're unfuckintouchable.