Author Topic: Monday- Cavs at Lakers...........  (Read 1080 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Monday- Cavs at Lakers...........
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2009, 02:58:37 PM »
Cavs missed 2 starters and not 3 , then y'all have to stop acting like Cavs roster = Lebron+ D-League players ... Lakers have their injury aswell ... truth is when this team is focused on both end of the floor , it's without the doubt the best team in this league ... lol at "lack of leadership" ...

Where was that leaderhsip and toughness last year in the finals man?  Kobe can be a great leader, but his teams have had some very questionable games with him as leader (game 6 vs. Celtics, game 7 vs Suns).   And when I say leadership, I mean a guy who can get this team playing at the top of their game every game.  IF they play hard all the time, they cannot lose as they have the best player, coach, and supporting cast.  It shouldn't even be in doubt, but it is.

And yes, the Lakers have  a few injuries, but no starters out.  GIve the Cavs a full linu-up, take out any two starters on the Lakers not named Kobe, and what happens with this game?

Fact:

The Cavs are the least talented of the top teams in the league, but usually play great defense and a team game, and have a much-improved LBJ. 

LMAO...so when the supporting cast doesn't step up, it's all because of Kobe...ahahahahaha. I guess Phil Jackson is also a terrible coach, right?

STFU!

and yea...2 starter pretty much were out for the Lakers. Well, Farmar isn't a starter, but he plays starter minutes, so please, stop the obvious hating...it sucks that you lost money on the Lakers last year, but it doesn't call for all the bs you've been spewing.

HOw does Farmar equal two starters?  ANd what BS am I spewing?  I said the LAkers are the most talented team, they are the favourite to win the title.  What do you disagree with?  If its the Kobe leader thing, I guess I would like to see him with a finals MVP or two before I could call him the best leader in the game.  Is that so insane?

Luke Walton, our starting small forward, was out as well... ::)

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2009, 03:02:04 PM »
Bynum is too good to come off the bench.

Yeah those 4 rebounds a game he's averaged in the last 6 games really co-signs that.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2009, 03:02:51 PM »
going 2 the game 8)
Game time is in an hour and a half. Don't you want to start heading out and combat the traffic?

I was at USC...5 mins away from Staples.

I didn't end up going, though...we got to Staples and the dude who was supposed to hook us up with the tix only had tix for a stand-up section. when I asked him why he didn't tell me that over the phone he said "the arena is jam-packed!" LMAO.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2009, 03:04:14 PM »

Yeah those 4 rebounds a game he's averaged in the last 6 games really co-signs that.

obviously, you haven't been watching him offensively. in fact, I bet your girl still has you on punishment from watching Laker games. Gasol and Odom have been grabbing all the boards. we have a huge team.

teecee

« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2009, 03:10:41 PM »
Just as I thought, the Cavs would have no chance in this one.  As I said before, no team in the league can win against the Lakers without three starters.  The Cavs had no size down low, and could not handle Bynum or Gasol at all.

One thing I will say is this:  the Lakers are BY FAR the most talented team in the league.  If they do not win the title, its only because of a lack of leadership and defensive intensity.   It is their's to lose, they have the POTENTIAL (NIK's favourite word) to be the best.   Question is, are they tough enough to do it for four rounds. 

stfu, genius..."potential"? Lakers ARE the best team in the league... by far. and when the Lakers have the best leader in the game, you sound a little dumb saying they'd lose "only because of a lack of leadership". LOL.

First of all, don't ever tell me to shut the fuck up.  Secondly, the Lakers DO have the most talent in the league, which I already pointed out.  Third, its a little premature to say Kobe is the best leader in the game before he has lead his team to anything other than losing a finals where they bllew the biggest lead in finals history, to getting completely destroyed in the deciding game.  

At this point in the season, how are the Lakers by far the best?  Who that matters, besides a depleted Cavs squad, have the Lakers beat lately?  They are inconsistent on the defensive end, and lack toughness.  Gasol is the man right now, but we will see how that plays out.  Bynum?  Cares more about himself then the team at this point.  Obviously the Magic are the best team right now, although I can't see it lasting.

The only person that wouild say the Lakers are the best team "by far" is you NIK.  On the real, the top 5 teams are damn close and any of them can beat each other when playing hot.

first of all, stfu...

second of all. anyone who watched the Lakers closely through these past few years knows that the only reason Lakers were a playoff team and the only reason they made the finals last season was due to Kobe's leadership... How is it premature to call him the best leader in the league? LOLLL. Who is it then? LeBron? :-X Kobe led the Olympic team back to Gold, he is BY FARRR the best leader in the game as of now... and since when does Bynum care more about himself than the team? Did he personally tell you this? LMAO@the haterism.

Lakers are the best team... there is no question. when we boost our play to peak levels, we're unfuckintouchable.

You are truly the most ignorant, simple minded being I have ever encountered through any means, be it in real-life circumstances or the internet.   Good stuff

teecee

« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2009, 03:15:25 PM »

obviously, you haven't been watching him offensively. in fact, I bet your girl still has you on punishment from watching Laker games. Gasol and Odom have been grabbing all the boards. we have a huge team.

Being that you are the Lakers go to guy, the expert if you will, then I am sure you would've defended Bynum's lack of rebouding by pointing out that half the time he is helping out defensively on the opposing teams perimeter players who seemingly penetrate at will, thus making him out of position for the boards a lot of the time. Wasn't the case last night, as the Lakers did a good job of keeping the Cavs out of the paint. 

NIK, I am not sure why you, as a moderator, feels you have to tell me to stfu so many times when I am merely stating an opinion.  Was it not you who said that if you "feel" something or "think" something, it is therefore credible.  You, of all people, should have no problem with posters freely discussing subjects, even if their views are not of your own, considering how your own views are rarely shared by others.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2009, 03:26:35 PM »
going 2 the game 8)
Game time is in an hour and a half. Don't you want to start heading out and combat the traffic?

I was at USC...5 mins away from Staples.

I didn't end up going, though...we got to Staples and the dude who was supposed to hook us up with the tix only had tix for a stand-up section. when I asked him why he didn't tell me that over the phone he said "the arena is jam-packed!" LMAO.

ohh wow, thats pretty gay. :-\

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2009, 03:29:43 PM »

So our 6'10 bench forward grabbing more rebounds than our 7'1 starting center makes sense to you? Oh okay.

LOL @ you using me getting pussy as a diss. Get some then speak faggot. This nigga probably has a bottle of KY jelly with Josh Powell's face on the back.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2009, 05:26:00 PM »

Being that you are the Lakers go to guy, the expert if you will, then I am sure you would've defended Bynum's lack of rebouding by pointing out that half the time he is helping out defensively on the opposing teams perimeter players who seemingly penetrate at will, thus making him out of position for the boards a lot of the time. Wasn't the case last night, as the Lakers did a good job of keeping the Cavs out of the paint. 

NIK, I am not sure why you, as a moderator, feels you have to tell me to stfu so many times when I am merely stating an opinion.  Was it not you who said that if you "feel" something or "think" something, it is therefore credible.  You, of all people, should have no problem with posters freely discussing subjects, even if their views are not of your own, considering how your own views are rarely shared by others.

Quit getting sensitive on me...you made idiotic remarks, so i told you to stfu. stick to the topic, like I'm doing. Kobe=Greatest player and best leader in the game. Lakers=played just as underhanded as the Cavs, if not more. Bynum=Excellent center. try to refute that instead of getting butthurt.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2009, 05:31:36 PM »

So our 6'10 bench forward grabbing more rebounds than our 7'1 starting center makes sense to you? Oh okay.

LOL @ you using me getting pussy as a diss. Get some then speak faggot. This nigga probably has a bottle of KY jelly with Josh Powell's face on the back.

First of all, quit acting like Odom ain't one of the better rebounders in the league and wasn't our leading rebounder before the Gasol trade, ya bitch.

Second off, any fag in this world can get pussy if they let the bitch own them, such as yourself, you pussy whipped ass bitch. getting pussy-whipped is not the same as just getting pussy. LMAO@you thinking you're doing something. and stfu with your lame-ass Laker jokes. your bitchass is more anti-Lakers than the Laker haters on here, fruitcake.

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2009, 11:45:13 PM »
I really don't know what the fuck is up with Phil Jackson. It's so obvious Gasol and Bynum can't play in the same starting five. Gasol is a much better post player than Bynum, and Bynum doesn't fit well next to him cause he wants the ball in his hands too (instead than focusing on defense and rebounds). Phil should bench Bynum and play Ariza as the SF, Odom as the PF and Gasol as the C. With Bynum and Powell ready to make an impact off the bench (they fit together pretty well, imho).

SF Ariza/Radmanovic/Walton
PF Odom/Powell
C Gasol/Bynum/Mihm

I agree on the Bynum/Gasol thing ... we should go back to last year lineup then Bynum and Powell can be a great defensive duo off the bench (showed great potential in that GS game , only one game though ...) 

I strongly disagree with starting Ariza though ... we still need his energy off the bench AND Vlad flat out sucks when he's not starting ... Starting both Ariza and Odom is not good for the spacing on offense ..

Ok. That's not our problem, tho. Radmanovic in, Ariza off the bench. The problem is the duo Gasol-Bynum.

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2009, 11:53:46 PM »
I really don't know what the fuck is up with Phil Jackson. It's so obvious Gasol and Bynum can't play in the same starting five. Gasol is a much better post player than Bynum, and Bynum doesn't fit well next to him cause he wants the ball in his hands too (instead than focusing on defense and rebounds). Phil should bench Bynum and play Ariza as the SF, Odom as the PF and Gasol as the C. With Bynum and Powell ready to make an impact off the bench (they fit together pretty well, imho).

SF Ariza/Radmanovic/Walton
PF Odom/Powell
C Gasol/Bynum/Mihm

I dunno, man...I like the line-up with Gasol and Bynum on the floor. Bynum is too good to come off the bench.

It's not a punitive thing, man. It's more a chemistry thing. Imho Gasol is the type of guy who should get all the balls on the post, cause he's just perfect for the triangle. He can finish with a jumper, he can go inside strong, he can pass the ball. The whole offense should run around him and Kobe. So what we really need when Pau is on the floor is a player who can grab rebounds, who can move his ass to receive the ball on the weak side, and who can defend on the defensive end. The best player we have who can do that is Lamar Odom. In fact Odom and Gasol looks great, as a combo, when they are both on the floor. And Bynum should start to get more involved offensively, receiving all the balls in the post too. He ain't as good as Gasol (cause his jumper ain't as nice as Gasol's one, and cause he ain't a good assist-man as Pau), but he can def do some damage going strong inside, cause he has a couple of good post moves already. And what Bynum needs is also a defensive-minded PF who grabs rebounds, who hustles and who can take a couple of jumpers here and there. And Powell is the perfect man. Again: i'm talking about chemistry.

Then we could still use Gasol and Bynum in some situations... why not. But they still ain't playing as good as they could together, mainly because Bynum ain't playing the role of the "role player" properly.

When he catches the ball deep in the post, it's an automatic basket or a foul. You don't wanna discourage a young player like that by benching them. Gasol also isn't strong enough to defend against some starting 5s out there. it was exposed last year in the Finals...some of you are doubting Phil and his decisions, but HE IS still the best coach in the league. regardless of what you may think, he looks at the game from a psychological perspective and this is the way to go...even the move to put Luke in the starting 5 wasn't bad, cuz it got Luke playing much better ball. I think ya'll need to stop questioning Phil so much. we're the best team in the league! he ain't no Doc Rivers...PeACe

Man our defense looks really horrible sometimes. Who is the one to blame if not the coach? We ain't saying "Fire Phil!" 'tho. He should just start to care more about this aspect of the game.

teecee

« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2009, 07:41:37 AM »

Quit getting sensitive on me...you made idiotic remarks, so i told you to stfu. stick to the topic, like I'm doing. Kobe=Greatest player and best leader in the game. Lakers=played just as underhanded as the Cavs, if not more. Bynum=Excellent center. try to refute that instead of getting butthurt.

Again, you are the ONLY person who thinks Bynum, at this point in his career, is an "excellent" center.  Second, Kobe is not the greatest leader in the game until he leads his team to at least one championship.  Third, the Lakers were not missing their main post player and best perimeter defender, so it ain't even close.

Stay on topic. 

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2009, 10:08:17 AM »
Just as I thought, the Cavs would have no chance in this one.  As I said before, no team in the league can win against the Lakers without three starters.  The Cavs had no size down low, and could not handle Bynum or Gasol at all.

One thing I will say is this:  the Lakers are BY FAR the most talented team in the league.  If they do not win the title, its only because of a lack of leadership and defensive intensity.   It is their's to lose, they have the POTENTIAL (NIK's favourite word) to be the best.   Question is, are they tough enough to do it for four rounds. 

stfu, genius..."potential"? Lakers ARE the best team in the league... by far. and when the Lakers have the best leader in the game, you sound a little dumb saying they'd lose "only because of a lack of leadership". LOL.

LMFAO@ "by far".  If you want to make an argument that the Lakers are the best, so what. People argue that the Cavs are, that the Celtics are, some even that the Magic are, and some say the Lakers are. Any argument can be made. But to say "by far" is what makes u look retarded man lolol.

:stupid:
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

teecee

« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2009, 12:11:11 PM »

LMFAO@ "by far".  If you want to make an argument that the Lakers are the best, so what. People argue that the Cavs are, that the Celtics are, some even that the Magic are, and some say the Lakers are. Any argument can be made. But to say "by far" is what makes u look retarded man lolol.

:stupid:

Exactly man,  Its similar to when NIK says Kobe is the best player "by far", when in fact its pretty damn close.  Really, it is impossible to judge which team is the best or which player is the best, but no team or player is by far superior to another at this point.  Kobe and Lebron are close, and the Lakers, Cavs, Magic, Celtics (the Spurs are coming) are up there as far as teams go.