Author Topic: "Notorious" Has $21.5 Million Opening Weekend  (Read 292 times)

Elano

"Notorious" Has $21.5 Million Opening Weekend
« on: January 19, 2009, 01:08:22 PM »
The Biggie Smalls biopic Notorious reeled in movie goers this weekend, and entered at fourth on the box office charts. The film earned $21.5 million, and became the biggest opening weekend ever for production company Fox Searchlight Pictures.

Notorious not only brought in dollars, but the opening of the film left many fans and musicians alike praising the Notorious B.I.G. and the film itself.

Busta Rhymes recently spoke on the magnitude of the movie to MTV News. He said, "You see it happen for the generation of artists before us, and you wish it would happen for our generations and the artists that come from our era of the game. It's one thing to have a flick, but it's one thing to have the value of that life story mean so much to the people that the flick now becomes more than a flick. It's a moment. It's a captured moment in time."

Fox Searchlight, the indie version of parent company 20th Century Fox, was pleased with the release as well, and felt the subject matter drove the crowds to the theaters. The news comes after reports of violent incidents related to the movie's premiere .

Chris Aronson, the senior vice president of 20th Century Fox said, "It's a very high quality film, and it's a compelling look at a compelling cultural icon who, like many cultural icons, left way too early but left an indelible mark on society."

Leading the box office charts was Paul Blart: Mall Cop with 33.8 million dollars while Gran Torino ($22.2 million) and My Bloody Valentine ($21.9 million) rounded out the top four.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 03:08:35 PM by Adon »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: ***"Notorious" Has $21.5 Million Opening Weekend***
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 02:57:54 PM »
movie was alright; nothing super special.

i have HEAVILY biased that Tupac>>>>Biggie all day & they way they portrayed the two wasnt to my liking lol.

but i have gained more respect for Big after this movie.

Jaydc555

Re: "Notorious" Has $21.5 Million Opening Weekend
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 03:49:39 PM »
It had the highest per screen average.it was played in less then 1900 screens while mall cop was played in over 3100 screens.add in the r rating and it did phenomenal

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 04:22:26 PM »
Wiggers spendin lotta money on this one  ;D

Those people been dead for more then decade and they still leechin of that.

Let people rest in peace.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 04:29:34 PM »

i saw it just last night and the black person/white person ratio was like 10 to 1 (no joke) & there were at least 150+ there.

but your right; im sure plenty of white people spent money on it.

i already said it; black people feel obligated to see it because its about one of the biggest black people in history (no pun intended ;D) & white kids think it would be the cool thing to do lol.

Jaydc555

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 04:31:29 PM »
Or maybe good music knows no race.if a black guy likes rock does he get bugged about it?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2009, 04:38:15 PM »
Or maybe good music knows no race.if a black guy likes rock does he get bugged about it?

plenty of people who like rock listen to classic/legend rappers (Cube, BIG, Pac, etc.).

but to answer your question; generally yes.

its racial profiling; its like a law he must like some form of rap lol. the term is "white at heart" lol.

Jaydc555

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2009, 04:41:35 PM »
I mean everyone is guilty of it.I have friends of all races black chinise peruvian Indian and everyone bugs everyone about their race.I mean I think wigger is a fair enough term and I know a few of them.I love hip hop but I don't act like them ha ha.I mean it can be ridiculous.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2009, 04:49:38 PM »
I mean everyone is guilty of it.I have friends of all races black chinise peruvian Indian and everyone bugs everyone about their race.I mean I think wigger is a fair enough term and I know a few of them.I love hip hop but I don't act like them ha ha.I mean it can be ridiculous.

exactly; same here.

Blood$

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2009, 08:13:32 PM »

i saw it just last night and the black person/white person ratio was like 10 to 1 (no joke) & there were at least 150+ there.

but your right; im sure plenty of white people spent money on it.

i already said it; black people feel obligated to see it because its about one of the biggest black people in history (no pun intended ;D) & white kids think it would be the cool thing to do lol.

co-sign, especially that part about the Black-White ratio lol same over here  8)

west koasting

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2009, 06:19:36 AM »
Not bad
Bullets aint got no names