Author Topic: do you think MLK was represented on his birthday  (Read 242 times)

boozy

• Lil Geezy
  • dont say I did'nt tell ya
do you think MLK was represented on his birthday
« on: January 20, 2009, 09:05:37 AM »
I think he wasn't represented enough, there was even a black guy I seen In my sisters store that she manages that didn't even know that it was his birthday yesterday, shit I knew and I'm white, I think rap needs to represent there roots a little more instead of how much money they have, I dont know maybe its just me
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 11:08:52 AM by boozy »
boozy

Nigga_With_An_Additude

Re: do you think MLK was represented on his birthday
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 09:10:38 AM »
I agree

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 09:19:06 AM »
No you didn't know his brithday, becuz it wasn't yesterday.

Nigga_With_An_Additude

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 09:22:58 AM »
it was yesterday thatmlk holiday was.............

Þŕiņçë

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Cold Hearted Son Of A Bitch
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 09:35:49 AM »
I actually had no idea what holiday it was yesterday i kept asking people to go to the liquor store for me and they kept saying its a holiday its a holiday im like yo what the fuck im 21 tomorrow i need to get crunnnk bitches  8)

In my defense my mind was elsewhere yesterday  ::)

.:TimeLock:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 11:45:19 AM »
^lol all good homie u got alot of parties to go to ppl will be celibrating obama's swearing in all day today and tomorrow

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 10:57:58 PM »
NO MLK is never represented correctly on MLK, and actually his birthday is Jan. 15th. Side note, I just looked up MLK. he'd turn 80 this year.

Anyways, we've never had a MLK day that's been a true MLK day. We throw on his speech, talk about a dream but never talk about his service, his march for the poor, his  protest to the war in Vietnam, we even forget his non violent protest and the sacrifice many had to endure for equality.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2009, 01:04:46 AM »
in all fairness, he's more represented than anyone who gets a national holiday, except jesus, in the national media

in terms of representation

MLK>>>>Veterans Day
MLK>>>>Presidents day
MLK>>>>>Memorial Day
MLK>>>>Labor Day
MLK>>>>Columbus

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2009, 01:26:32 AM »
in all fairness, he's more represented than anyone who gets a national holiday, except jesus, in the national media

MLK>>>>Veterans Day
MLK>>>>Presidents day
MLK>>>>>Memorial Day
MLK>>>>Labor Day
MLK>>>>Columbus

true, except Veterans Day, I think that the Vets get a fair holiday, though some more could be done.

to me each other holiday means a discount

President's Day = 50% off couches, beds, love sets and anything else you can sleep on
Memorial Day = JC Penny's extra 30% on top of the 25% off sale
Labor Day = buy 5 12 packs of Coke for $15, 2/$5 big bags of Doritos and buy one get one free hot dogs and hamburger meat
Columbus Day = All cars must go to make room for the new year's cars, make your own offer, we'll beat anyone's prices.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2009, 02:34:26 AM »

MLK>>>>Veterans Day
MLK>>>>Presidents day
MLK>>>>>Memorial Day
MLK>>>>Labor Day
MLK>>>>Columbus

true, except Veterans Day, I think that the Vets get a fair holiday, though some more could be done.

President's Day = 50% off couches, beds, love sets and anything else you can sleep on
Labor Day = buy 5 12 packs of Coke for $15, 2/$5 big bags of Doritos and buy one get one free hot dogs and hamburger meat
Columbus Day = All cars must go to make room for the new year's cars, make your own offer, we'll beat anyone's prices.

:'(

Oh God Bless America

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2009, 10:25:17 AM »

MLK>>>>Veterans Day
MLK>>>>Presidents day
MLK>>>>>Memorial Day
MLK>>>>Labor Day
MLK>>>>Columbus

Oh God Bless America

I speak the truth. I'm a manager in retail, and I think it's a sad state of affairs. I see some exceptions, like Black Friday and the weekend before Christmas, as those are the biggest shopping days, but every other holiday I don't think need a sale.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2009, 01:54:01 PM »

MLK>>>>Veterans Day
MLK>>>>Presidents day
MLK>>>>>Memorial Day
MLK>>>>Labor Day
MLK>>>>Columbus

Oh God Bless America

I speak the truth. I'm a manager in retail, and I think it's a sad state of affairs. I see some exceptions, like Black Friday and the weekend before Christmas, as those are the biggest shopping days, but every other holiday I don't think need a sale.

At Target i swear to god it just STAYS fuckin' busy. the only slow times here lately are on sundays right before church or monday's after 7.
where do you work?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2009, 09:26:47 PM »

MLK>>>>Veterans Day
MLK>>>>Presidents day
MLK>>>>>Memorial Day
MLK>>>>Labor Day
MLK>>>>Columbus

Oh God Bless America

At Target i swear to god it just STAYS fuckin' busy. the only slow times here lately are on sundays right before church or monday's after 7.
where do you work?

Walgreens. Here it depends on the store, I've been at busy stores, right now I got moved to a brand new store but it's slow as fuck. The slow days at Walgreens in general are Sundays before church ends, Saturday and Sunday after 6 (our Rx closes on 6 during the weekends) and Wednesdays for some reason... lol.