Author Topic: No Country For Old Men(tality)  (Read 2474 times)

penenstamp

Re: No Country For Old Men(tality)
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2009, 12:05:51 PM »
I think Bishop made it clear it's not even about promotion or vocal support.  He straight out said that if you're not fucking with us fine, it's all good just don't have your entire camp ignore us.  Because Cube and Snoop are major players that have a lot of influence, they have a lot of contacts.  All Bishop said was he still wants to fuck with other artists that are Snoop's or Cube's boys.  

Did he really say that? God, that's like Bush saying "you're either with us or against us".

FuckTheWorld

• 'G'
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2009, 12:14:04 PM »
WESTCOAST still make the best and the realest music, thats why you dont see us much on tv cuz we aint no punks out here and we dont sell out by dancing and singing like monekys like them other fools on tv.

we just want real music

Glasses M

• 'G'
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2009, 12:38:30 PM »
Cube and Snoop are my favorite too! LOL...I grew up on them niggas

EFFeX

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2009, 12:43:44 PM »
Cube and Snoop are my favorite too! LOL...I grew up on them niggas

I mean, if that's the case, that's what's up. I mean Snoop's not my favorite anymore, but I can't front and say that I didn't bump the hell out of his music growing up. Cube too, I consider dude one of the greatest of all time. I think some fans are just confused about the project and just worried that it's going to cause more separation than progress that's all.

Believe me homie, I totally understand what you guys are doing on this project, I have been an advocate for the black balling to stop once and for all. I just hope casual fans will understand that's it's not a hate fest.

yeapp

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2009, 12:47:49 PM »
I don't think there's anything wrong with it, I mean I love the idea of "New West" and all that. However, I just think some fans wonder what is the point of even bringing up individuals that aren't helping you out? I mean if they aren't giving you promotion, why give them "promotion". Even mentioning someone's name is free promotion. Feel me? Personally, I just want to hear new music in any format, but is it worth taking the time to even take shots at these other guys? I don't know... I'm sure you guys have it figured out.

Anyway, the other thing that could be a little sketchy is that no matter what, even if someone has a problem with a Snoop or a Cube, some of the biggest Malone/Crooked/Bishop fans are also huge fans of Snoop and Cube. Might be a conflict of interest? Not for me personally, I don't get involved in another man's personal business, but you see where I'm coming from?

Just bringing up different points to consider, I'm still looking forward to the project though, I'm hoping that it drops soon cause we been hearing about this for a minute.

1.Cube is in my top four of all time but I have no issue with this at all esp living out here,and the stories you hear about dude I mean any artist you hear stories about I have heard stories about Jay Rock,and Glasses,Bishop so on so fourth but no one has came out talking about those dudes doing them dirty everyone has been like they coo dudes I fucc with Blu Division I got a homie there,I fucc wit TDE I use to catch the bus with Mousa,and spit with Ab-Soul in high school,I fucc with Bishop I know a couple dudes who know this guy so on and so fourth Glasses I have no problem with this project I knew who Nipsey was in 05 I asked dude if he was about this rap shit dude told me yeah right infront of the subway on crenshaw/slauson

2.Snoop is one of the if not the most over rated in the history of rap dude has done jac shit on the mic since 94 he succs people are in love with Doggystyle,and The Chornic so much they tolerate all the whacc shit he has put out after

will it be original production,other peoples beats,a mixture?
who will be featured on this shit how many west coast artist feel the same way (I know alot of music suits who speak badly about snoop too,and young rappers)
will there be artist from other regions?

you guys are not excited I mean shit Crooked I is in my top three all time (behind Nas,Rakim) I just listened to some of caltroit again bishop raw as fucc,and did yall hear glasses on no sleep til nyc over smooth operator,and did yall hear white lightnin,electric chair  you guys can not be serious this shit I have high expectations from

I have no idea what it will sound like,and I am lovin that push this shit glasses who I got to kill to get a feature on it

I edited some typos
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 12:53:23 PM by yeapp »

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2009, 02:33:26 PM »
I think Bishop made it clear it's not even about promotion or vocal support.  He straight out said that if you're not fucking with us fine, it's all good just don't have your entire camp ignore us.  Because Cube and Snoop are major players that have a lot of influence, they have a lot of contacts.  All Bishop said was he still wants to fuck with other artists that are Snoop's or Cube's boys.  

Did he really say that? God, that's like Bush saying "you're either with us or against us".

You're an idiot if you can't tell the distinction.   Everyone knows you're a hater too.  So, 'nuff said your opinion no longer holds weight.

RHustle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2009, 02:56:54 PM »
i'm anticipating it....yall shld feature some other new west artists and show complete support like Ya Boy, Hot Dollar, Jay Rock, Topic etc like a new age compilation like they used to do for Above The Rim and shit...

I like all 3 of u guys but i want everyone to be on that project if thats what it is about...coming together to represent the New Age of the Westcoast and show that yall support each other...... 

the ghost

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2009, 03:57:07 PM »
I for one am looking forward to the project.

I appreciate that you come on the site and ask for our opinions.  I don't see other artists doing the same, so much love for that.

I can't stand the "new" shit...I'm from the bay area and could not stand the "new" bay either.  It's just rap...keep it tight and don;t label yourselves.  And please don't drive a wedge between the "old" and "new" even some people feel the "old" is not doing enough for the "new".  I understand why that could be frustrating but it also alienates your work for a majority of fans who want the west coast as a whole to ride! 

Anyhow just my two cents, and thanks again for your presence on here.

sav

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2009, 04:00:27 PM »
I for one am looking forward to the project.

Fuck yeah, me too.

Is their already a release date?

80s baby

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2009, 04:11:26 PM »
i think it wo uld be a good thing to drop since none of yall have an official album out
but if you guys are going to showcase your artist please dont put no big steele or k boy on the album
put that nigga quiz on the album....that little nigga went to school in mo val (that has nothin to do wit shit...but the nigga can spit..i just know niggaz who know that little nigga..it would be a good way to showcase taje havent really heard him spit too much..g malone can feature quiz and mykestro on the album and crooked i can showcase the horseshoe gang..thats just my 2 cents

Jaydc555

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2009, 04:13:33 PM »
I'm shocked at how much little hate is in this thread.Where's long beach iz active?ha ha

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2009, 04:14:45 PM »
glasses  dont listen to the dicks

real fans wanna hear this!!
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

yeapp

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2009, 04:15:28 PM »
i think it wo uld be a good thing to drop since none of yall have an official album out
but if you guys are going to showcase your artist please dont put no big steele or k boy on the album
put that nigga quiz on the album....that little nigga went to school in mo val (that has nothin to do wit shit...but the nigga can spit..i just know niggaz who know that little nigga..it would be a good way to showcase taje havent really heard him spit too much..g malone can feature quiz and mykestro on the album and crooked i can showcase the horseshoe gang..thats just my 2 cents

Mykestro/Horse Shoe Gane/Taje/Quiz those are some dope features but with Mykestro big brother being who he is how would he feel about Stro being on this? but that boom boom clap remix with him,and Horse Shoe Gang is so dope

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2009, 04:20:40 PM »

haha yeah!!!  but Im lookin forward to this more than G malones solo album shit!!!
by the looks of it this will be more westcoast soundin than his album and hopefully no lilw ayne, baby, t pain on it
its a done deal

like everyone has said 3 of the best (newer faces) on 1 project, speakin on issues they want to address
BRING IT ASAP!!!

I'm shocked at how much little hate is in this thread.Where's long beach iz active?ha ha
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Hazzard

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2009, 04:27:20 PM »

nigga not making any money... his album never droppin ... nigga you album is going to flop

plus hes gonna quote me

LMAO @ this crooked i groupie... when that album dropping nigga
if she swallow during brains, that's game she soaking up!