Author Topic: DJ Quik...  (Read 554 times)

evan the dude

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Alaskan Connection
DJ Quik...
« on: January 22, 2009, 10:40:12 PM »
So don't get me wrong. It isn't my intent to bash Quik in this post. It is simply a fan venting about failed drop dates of songs and info. If it turns into a bashing, I truly apologize. However, this shit has been on my mind for awhile now, and it's time it came out. I find it frustrating when someone promises something and doesn't deliver. It doesn't matter if it's a co-worker, a friend, family member, or in this case, an artist. When you make a commitment to do something, "I'll be releasing a single July 4th off my upcoming release" you should by all means use your very best effort to accomplish it. At the very least keep people informed. If you told an employer that you would be there for an interview at 4:00pm on a Wednesday and didn't show - guess what? You're out of a job. And artists wonder why their album sales and popularity isn't once what it was. When you do something as a career or profession, you have to put 100% into it. If you don't, then everyone else sure as fuck won't care about what you are doing. It's the same concept of if you don't have confidence in yourself 1st, no one else will. Of course there are exceptions, such as a loyal fanbase, that will remain fans regardless, but eventually that base will start to crack. I for one consider myself one of those people. I have patience, and respect for time constraints and busy schedules. What I don't have is respect for false pretenses and lies. Eventually, it turns into the old tale of the boy who cried wolf. I'm a level headed person. I understand that people go through events in their daily life that change the course of plans. It's just that when things are promised again, and again, and again, with no results, it really starts to wear on ones confidence in that person to deliver... Eventually, deliver they do, to their base of loyal fans. Eventually, singles get promoted, and albums get dropped. But in the end, when the artist sells 2000 copies and whines about lack of promotion and bad management, I say bullshit. The answer to their failure is in themselves.

In closing, I will say this: Everything in this post is not entirely directed at DJ Quik. It is somewhat of a generalization of my feelings towards the industry. Sometimes lack of promotion or management really is a factor. With Quik, it is just frustrating as fuck. This guy has such a loyal fan base and so much talent it is unbelievable. It seems as if he is unintentionally straining the shit out of his fan-artist relationship. I hope for his and other artists sake, he will someday understand what the end consumer feels like. Music after all is just one big business....

Get the dubcnn "california love" wallpaper here!!

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: DJ Quik...
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 10:47:50 PM »
DAMN REAL SHIT!!!
I AGREE, STR8 UP!!!
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

G-Funk

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 08:29:57 AM »
I see what you're gettin at and I agree. ;)

btw isn't July 4th when Quik's protege Mausberg died?

Gfunk

• 'G'
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 12:51:50 PM »
I havent really been following what he been doing since 2005 apart from his productions. So whats he up to then??
Code: [Select]
http://www.last.fm/user/Gfunk-

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 01:32:46 PM »
i think its time for quik, dre and all the other west coast artist that got yalls hopes up..

to start saying what chamillionaire useta tell his fans..when he didnt meet their demands before mixtape messiahs and sound of revenge dropped..

he started tellin boyz it drops when it drop....

til then...jam the oldies... :D

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 08:08:14 PM »
Damn thats some real talk right there. I really think u should msg Quik on myspace and show him that, maybe he'll actually listen!!!

evan the dude

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Alaskan Connection
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 08:14:04 PM »
Damn thats some real talk right there. I really think u should msg Quik on myspace and show him that, maybe he'll actually listen!!!

Lol. Believe me man, the thought has crossed my mind. I got banned in '06 or '07 off his myspace for flaming his comment box...at the time some dipshit had taken over his profile and was promoting worthless artists. I'm still blocked to this day haha.

I see what you're gettin at and I agree. ;)

btw isn't July 4th when Quik's protege Mausberg died?

yeah man. if i remember right it was 2001.

I havent really been following what he been doing since 2005 apart from his productions. So whats he up to then??

Supposedly, him and kurupt have been working on an epic duo album. Single dates have been promised and time and time again the dates pass with no singles. There is also talk of another solo album in the works. Supposedly...
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 08:17:12 PM by evan the dude »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 08:20:26 PM »
look at it this way by you bein real and tellin it like it is, others cant handle that
truth hurts and you told em waz up and that isnt what they want to hear.

its jus like someone on here sayin bad lucc or G Malone arent dope artists, they gon reply by sayin those fans sayin that shit are haters

nah how are they haters jus cuz dont like some of the muzik you dropped but like other muzik you dropped

in conclusion, you spoke for many of us and you did the right thing!!!
thats all thats involved in this industry are DIPSHITS or DIPSETS
either way they the ones fuckin up this rap shit
not real cats like you speakin on some real shit
KEEP DOIN YA THANG HOMIE!!!

Lol. Believe me man, the thought has crossed my mind. I got banned in '06 or '07 off his myspace for flaming his comment box...at the time some dipshit had taken over his profile and was promoting worthless artists. I'm still blocked to this day haha.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

evan the dude

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Alaskan Connection
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2009, 08:34:44 PM »
look at it this way by you bein real and tellin it like it is, others cant handle that

its jus like someone on here sayin bad lucc or G Malone arent dope artists, they gon reply by sayin those fans sayin that shit are haters

nah how are they haters jus cuz dont like some of the muzik you dropped but like other muzik you dropped

Props man.

It's sad that rap has gotten to the point that it is so commercialized that the business aspect has taken over everything. The creativity, the talent, the skill, all of it. All of it sacrificed for a quick buck and the claim to the newest "hot" dance on MTV....The up and coming dudes on the street barely stand a chance if they don't hop on the band wagon. Even if they do avoid the band wagon, their shit still gets criticized to fuck because everyone and their mom is trying to be a rapper now. Shit is lame....but that's how it is.  :-\

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2009, 08:35:49 PM »

Yah, i agree. I think Evan's post should get nominated for post of the year LOL, cause thats real talk for every god damn artist who keeps on fuckin around with us!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2009, 08:42:54 PM »
yeah its sad but thats what im sayin by you "exposin" the truth and tellin it like it is, they know waz up.
I mean you see how he tried to pull that "can you werk wit dat" shit but it didnt work, and the westcoast aint havin that.
but at least you can look back to their classics they once did, but obviously cant come thru again wit the same heat
they "rappers" might think you aint shit or jus another groupie or fan on this site etc.. but they dont realize you and many others are the REASON they are who they are. 
YOU KNOW HOW THEY SAY THAT SOMETIMES, ID LIKE TO THANK MY FANS FOR STAYIN DOWN WIT ME NO MATTER WHAT!!!
1.who bought their records?                    WE DID
2.who repped them whereever we at?      WE DID
3.who went to their shows?                     WE DID
4.who repped them when other               WE DID
regions tried to pull some dumb shit
talkin bout dmx is better than kurupt?

so fuck it, they want to sell out, let em know what it is.  let me ban you, they will come runnin back to their "Original Fan Base".  That same fanbase they might have once shouted out at a awards show or whatever it is was!!

FUCK THA INDUSTRY!!!

Props man.

It's sad that rap has gotten to the point that it is so commercialized that the business aspect has taken over everything. The creativity, the talent, the skill, all of it. All of it sacrificed for a quick buck and the claim to the newest "hot" dance on MTV....The up and coming dudes on the street barely stand a chance if they don't hop on the band wagon. Even if they do avoid the band wagon, their shit still gets criticized to fuck because everyone and their mom is trying to be a rapper now. Shit is lame....but that's how it is.  :-\

« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 08:46:16 PM by enyce »
Cube

evan the dude

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Alaskan Connection
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2009, 08:44:18 PM »

Yah, i agree. I think Evan's post should get nominated for post of the year LOL, cause thats real talk for every god damn artist who keeps on fuckin around with us!!!

Lol. Props. One day we'll open these artists fuckin eyes, or empty their pockets trying  ;)

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2009, 08:49:33 PM »

Lol. Props. One day we'll open these artists fuckin eyes, or empty their pockets trying  ;)

Str8 up, i felt the exact same way u did but i didnt know how to put it into those college education words u put it in LOLLLL!!!

evan the dude

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Alaskan Connection
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2009, 08:55:41 PM »
yeah its sad but thats what im sayin by you "exposin" the truth and tellin it like it is, they know waz up.
I mean you see how he tried to pull that "can you werk wit dat" shit but it didnt work, and the westcoast aint havin that.
but at least you can look back to their classics they once did, but obviously cant come thru again wit the same heat
they "rappers" might think you aint shit or jus another groupie or fan on this site etc.. but they dont realize you and many others are the ones they are who they are. 
who bought their records?                   WE DID
who repped them whereever we at?     WE DID
who went to their shows?                    WE DID

so fuck it, they want to sell out, let em know what it is.  let me ban you, they will come runnin back to their "Original Fan Base".  That same fanbase they might have once shouted out at a awards show or whatever it is was!!

FUCK THA INDUSTRY!!!

Props man.

I feel you. That's real talk.

Rap is like a big ass revolving door. Round and round we go. Lol.

Str8 up, i felt the exact same way u did but i didnt know how to put it into those college education words u put it in LOLLLL!!!

Lmao. Props.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 08:59:04 PM by evan the dude »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2009, 09:01:04 PM »
its noone's fault but theirs tho.  I mean when was the last time they dropped a album?
an album wit the same typa muzik they once dropped and are known for droppin?
you dont even need to send the message, cuz you as fan have already done enuff IMO
I mean you even thinkin about buyin their record, they should be happy espcially someone like Quik whos' fans started out in his own turf (IMO)
so by you goin a step further and givin them a hint as to what they should be doin, thats jus icin on the cake that already has icin on it.  the icin is fallin off in this case, but fuck it they want it to fall off, let it drip.

they "rappers" might think you aint shit or jus another groupie or fan on this site etc.. but they dont realize you and many others are the ones they are who they are. 
who bought their records?                   WE DID
who repped them whereever we at?     WE DID
who went to their shows?                    WE DID

FUCK THA INDUSTRY!!!

Props man.

I feel you. That's real talk.

Rap is like a big ass revolving door. Round and round we go. Lol.
Cube