Author Topic: DUBCNN Exclusive: Dawaun Parker Interview (Dr. Dre/Eminem/50 Cent/GodBody)  (Read 1438 times)

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: DUBCNN Exclusive: Dawaun Parker Interview (Dr. Dre/Eminem/50 Cent/GodBody)
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2009, 11:42:32 PM »
Thanks for all the feedback!  Keep it coming.... 8)

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Matty

« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2009, 04:27:45 AM »
lyrical what do you think of 'get up' compared to 'i get it in'? i think the beat for 'get up' is next level, the way the drums accentuate the rhythm in the melody is crazy. that's why we need dre & storch 8)

Chad Vader

« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2009, 04:49:43 AM »
.....we need Dre & storch 8)

We can go and on about who Dre should work with and who Dre worked best with.
My favorite is Colin Wolfe... but you know what? I want some new talent to get some shine... if Dre has lost his ear for talent...  :-[ shit happens :-[ :-\ I can only speak for myself,but the only cats I like to hear on Detox is "new" cats.

Matty

« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2009, 04:59:52 AM »
i just want the best music. based on what i've heard recently with storch keys on the new style dre drums (GET UP) they are still the ultimate combination. storch has incredible musical ability 8)

wanting detox to showcase to new musicians just for the sake of it is silly. dre should always go with what's best according to me :laugh: but we will see 8)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2009, 05:14:23 AM »
i just want the best music. based on what i've heard recently with storch keys on the new style dre drums (GET UP) they are still the ultimate combination. storch has incredible musical ability 8)

wanting detox to showcase to new musicians just for the sake of it is silly. dre should always go with what's best according to me :laugh: but we will see 8)
Scott is a has been, get over it  :nahnah2:  :laugh:  ;)

stillinrehab

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2009, 07:50:27 PM »
Sweet interview but yeah as someone else said its similar to some other ones he has done... 8)

Chad Vader

« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2009, 01:35:33 AM »
i just want the best music.
based on what I've heard recently with storch keys on the new style Dre drums (GET UP) they are still the ultimate combination. storch has incredible musical ability 8)

wanting detox to showcase to new musicians just for the sake of it is silly.

I see what you're saying....
But I want something "new"......
Dre has brought the best out of all the cats he has worked with,so there's no reason to doubt that he will do the same with the new cats he works with.

We can always go back and listen to the old shit Dre did with Yella,Colin Wolfe,Chris "The Glove" Taylor,Mel-Man and Storch.

Dre should always go with what's best according to me :laugh: but we will see 8)

:laugh: :laugh: Let DubCC co-produce Detox  ;) :laugh:

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2009, 01:53:27 AM »
based on what I've heard recently with storch keys on the new style Dre drums (GET UP) they are still the ultimate combination. storch has incredible musical ability 8)

Dre has brought the best out of all the cats he has worked with,so there's no reason to doubt that he will do the same with the new cats he works with.

We can always go back and listen to the old shit Dre did with Yella,Colin Wolfe,Chris "The Glove" Taylor,Mel-Man and Storch.

Dre should always go with what's best according to me :laugh: but we will see 8)

note that Dawaun and Mark Batson are with Dre for quite some time now

Chad Vader

« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2009, 02:30:24 AM »

note that Dawaun and Mark Batson are with Dre for quite some time now

I know... but they're yet to work on a top to bottom project with Dre.

Matty

« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2009, 07:45:41 AM »
i reckon the stuff he could still get out of working with storch would be better than the best stuff he is gonna get out of all the new cats. no diggity, no doubt. and im out.

wcsoldier

« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2009, 08:05:13 AM »
The majority of the Dre - Storch beats are just pure HEAT ...  I repeat for the 10 thousand times , Dre has ZERO chance to drop a classic, let alone a great album  with Parker and Baston as main musicians/co producers ... Dre should fuck with Khalil , J.R and Hi-Tek ... then he will have a chance to "satisfy" his so called perfectionism and drop the album ....

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2009, 07:18:43 AM »
The majority of the Dre - Storch beats are just pure HEAT ...  I repeat for the 10 thousand times , Dre has ZERO chance to drop a classic, let alone a great album  with Parker and Baston as main musicians/co producers ... Dre should fuck with Khalil , J.R and Hi-Tek ... then he will have a chance to "satisfy" his so called perfectionism and drop the album ....

I wouldn't exactly want him to hook up with Storch again, that has been done. I think that Parker is very talented and the stuff they did on Big Bang or "I Get It In" is very very dope. Mark Batson on the other hand is a no go, all the beats they've done are lacking that bounce. They're not bad productions by any means, just nothing spectacular or really advanced which is what you expect from a Dre beat. So take Parker and Mike Elizondo and you've got yourself a team. Then there are hi-Tek, Khalil and Focus who are suppose to be heavily involved, it's wierd that we've never heard a co-production from them, mabye that's being saved for Detox.

Chad Vader

« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2009, 07:32:42 AM »
....Focus who are suppose to be heavily involved, it's weird that we've never heard a co-production from him, maybe that's being saved for Detox.

Focus played guitar on Grow Up as far as I can remember.  ;)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2009, 05:14:29 AM »

I wouldn't exactly want him to hook up with Storch again, that has been done. I think that Parker is very talented and the stuff they did on Big Bang or "I Get It In" is very very dope. Mark Batson on the other hand is a no go, all the beats they've done are lacking that bounce. They're not bad productions by any means, just nothing spectacular or really advanced which is what you expect from a Dre beat. So take Parker and Mike Elizondo and you've got yourself a team. Then there are hi-Tek, Khalil and Focus who are suppose to be heavily involved, it's wierd that we've never heard a co-production from them, mabye that's being saved for Detox.

interesting; examples?

Prof@ssor

« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2009, 02:34:37 PM »
....Focus who are suppose to be heavily involved, it's weird that we've never heard a co-production from him, maybe that's being saved for Detox.

Focus played guitar on Grow Up as far as I can remember.  ;)

Little detail: he also played the piano. So what did Dre do then? Hmmm .... probably that incredible heavenly genius over the top thing called mixing that anybody can learn in a school.  Matter fact, i discovered why Detox is taking so much time: Dre is learning the art of mixing all by himsel, by playing with these weird knobs in the studio ... after all, he confessed himself one day that most of the time he has no idea what he's doing with these knobs.... Detox is coming bitch .... december 2025 !!