Author Topic: Same old mistakes by the Lakers against the Cats  (Read 297 times)

wcsoldier

Same old mistakes by the Lakers against the Cats
« on: January 28, 2009, 12:52:28 PM »
1) Total inability to defend the 3 in the clutch ... people have to explain me why you would leave a 3pt shooter wide open to prevent a 2pts bucket when you're up by 3 ...

2) Phil usual bad coaching , bringin back Gasol for Bynum , plus Walton on the floor in OT aswell ..

3) Our inability to execute on the offense down the stretch , going away from Andrew on some key possessions ... including a very good contested 3pt shot by Sasha with 20 seconds left on the clock  :grumpy:

4) Lamar usual mentally breakdown in the money time and Luke doing his usual "I can't inbound the ball in or get a shot on the last possession" thing ... still he was on floor and in charge on the inbound pass whereas he already DID fuck up in the past (see 2) )

It's just one game but still why we can't learn from our previous mistakes ? Bad coaching , little B-Ball IQ , mentally breakdowns ? ... We're fine record wise but this will need to be adressed ... coz these little things make you win or lose the ship
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 12:55:16 PM by wcsoldier »

GangstaBoogy

Re: Same old mistakes by the Lakers against the Cats
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 02:11:24 PM »
Sadly, that shit is all predictable now. When we're up by 3 at the end of a tight game I just expect it to go to OT (or worse: remember the Spurs game).

Sasha is really pissing me the fuck off. I understand he's a shooter but that dude doesn't even look to pass. That fucker is playing hot potato with the basketball.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 04:57:54 PM »
Phil is an excellent coach...he uses the regular season to test shit out and see what works and what doesn't. put it this way, we coulda won pretty much every game as of today if Phil was determined to.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 05:01:09 PM »
Sasha is really pissing me the fuck off. I understand he's a shooter but that dude doesn't even look to pass. That fucker is playing hot potato with the basketball.

forreal, sometimes it seems like sasha is just spazzing out on the court with his shots.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 05:02:03 PM »
^He hit some big shots last night, but he also took some terrible ones. I think he's good, he just needs more control on his game. it'll come with maturity, hopefully.

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 05:17:45 PM »
This was just Classic Lamar....can't handle the Pressure...Leaves Diaw Open for a 3......Bynum is Dominating, gets a Dunk in that 2nd OT....after that, Lamar Initiates the Next 2 Plays on Offense and ignores Bynum.....Lamar Airballs a Lay -up...and that was the Game...

I can't wait till Lamar And Farmar get Traded....

thisoneguy360

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 05:30:05 PM »
^ Lamar's a quality player, yeah he's made some horrible plays down the stretch but I don't think you should give up on him this early.

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 05:32:58 PM »
I gave up on Lamar Years a go.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009, 06:12:03 PM »
ya'll shoulda traded Odom
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2009, 06:27:20 PM »
Odom is a vital part of any success we've had this year. SMH@the people who don't get that. Farmar's been struggling, but he has his games. He's too young to trade this soon, unless we get a really good piece for him.. he reminds me a lot of Fisher when Fisher was his age, only with better penetration skills. we need to keep this amazing team in tact.

OchoCinco

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2009, 06:41:48 PM »
odom is the shit, u guys are trippin if u dont see that.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2009, 10:18:33 PM »
Odom has been good lately. I'm happy to see him attacking the basket and DUNKING. Anytime he goes up for a layup I just close my eyes. But making him a facilitator is horrible mistake. They don't call him Odumb for nothin.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Rick McCrank

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2009, 02:06:08 AM »
for about the past 5 years no matter who's on the team the Lakers always have that last second 3-point problem

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2009, 05:05:35 AM »
Odom is a FUCKING POWER FORWARD. Fuck him being Magic.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2009, 06:58:37 AM »
I agree. Just because he can physically handle the ball way better than most bigs it doesn't mean he's smart enough to play point.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin