Author Topic: Classic Piff  (Read 311 times)

NotoriousTDA

Re: Classic Piff
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2009, 08:42:44 PM »
using the term piff for non-dipset music..

smh

get out of my thread. Real hip-hop heads only

lol. you act like you just discovered the music, posting up the same premier and j dilla every week like "yeah real classic hip hop!"
get the fuck out of here or stop being so one dimensional.

an excerpt from the popular blog "stuff white people like", from the article:
#116 Black Music that Black People Don’t Listen to Anymore

If you are good at concealing laughter and contempt, you should ask a white person about “Real Hip Hop.”  They will quickly tell you about how they don’t listen to “Commercial Hip Hop” (aka music that black people actually enjoy), and that they much prefer “Classic Hip Hop.”

“I don’t listen to that commercial stuff. I’m more into the Real Hip Hop, you know?  KRS One, Del Tha Funkee Homosapien, De La Soul, Wu Tang, you know, The Old School.”

Calling this style of music ‘old school’ is considered an especially apt name since the majority of people who listen to it did so while attending old schools such as Dartmouth, Bard, and Williams College.

What it all comes down to is that white people are convinced that if they were alive when this music was relevant that they would have been into it.  They would have been Alan Lomax or Rick Rubin.  Now the best they can hope for is to impress an older black person with their knowledge.

eh, dont be mad cuz you have the same taste of music as a 14 year old girl.

Hey Ma

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2009, 08:45:35 PM »

speaking of 14 year old girls, i'm sure you're a hit at the hills fan forum.

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2009, 08:50:47 PM »
i didnt know there was a hills forum. Shows what you know  :D

Hey Ma

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2009, 08:51:58 PM »
Oh yeah well you're head is made of poop and I'm better than you.

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2009, 09:10:24 PM »
Lauren Conrad's dog's poo > your life

(she might not even have a dog, but atleast i burned you)

Hey Ma

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2009, 09:13:05 PM »
oh yeah well god killed j dilla because he hates that kind of music.

edit: wow that was bad. i like dilla too.

Al Bundy

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2009, 09:19:26 PM »
using the term piff for non-dipset music..

smh

get out of my thread. Real hip-hop heads only

lol. you act like you just discovered the music, posting up the same premier and j dilla every week like "yeah real classic hip hop!"
get the fuck out of here or stop being so one dimensional.

an excerpt from the popular blog "stuff white people like", from the article:
#116 Black Music that Black People Don’t Listen to Anymore

If you are good at concealing laughter and contempt, you should ask a white person about “Real Hip Hop.”  They will quickly tell you about how they don’t listen to “Commercial Hip Hop” (aka music that black people actually enjoy), and that they much prefer “Classic Hip Hop.”

“I don’t listen to that commercial stuff. I’m more into the Real Hip Hop, you know?  KRS One, Del Tha Funkee Homosapien, De La Soul, Wu Tang, you know, The Old School.”

Calling this style of music ‘old school’ is considered an especially apt name since the majority of people who listen to it did so while attending old schools such as Dartmouth, Bard, and Williams College.

What it all comes down to is that white people are convinced that if they were alive when this music was relevant that they would have been into it.  They would have been Alan Lomax or Rick Rubin.  Now the best they can hope for is to impress an older black person with their knowledge.

lmao