Author Topic: Kobe Scores 61 at Madison Square Garden...Most EVER.  (Read 2275 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Kobe Scores 61 at Madison Square Garden...Most EVER.
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2009, 01:24:39 PM »
They played a stats-inflating team, so it's whatever  :laugh:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/JiYXnpfNFrk" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/JiYXnpfNFrk</a>

LOL!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2009, 01:31:44 PM »
I'm still in shock that it's not widely considered an outrage to utter Kobe and Lebron in the same breath. some people are pathetic.

maybe Turf Hitta meant as far as this year is concerned

but seeing every post he makes is some dumbass comment about the Lakers he probably does feels that way overall

LeBron is the fuckin man but just calm down on saying he's better overall than Kobe

nice unfounded claim. Anyway,  LeBron is not as skilled as Kobe, but his ability to put a team of guys who range from  nobodies to decent role players is rivaled only by CP3. Kobe is easily one of the best to play the game ever, but I don't think he is the best in the current NBA. And stop the bullshit comparisons about Kobe being more of a legend. He's a 13 year vet and James has played roughly half of that. Kobe SHOULD be more of a legend right now.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2009, 02:00:30 PM »
50-10-8-4 > 61-3-0-0

Which of the above would you all consider a better game? 

INCREDIBLE performance by Kobe to be sure, but I still don't get how Kobe fans say it proves he is the best.  Do it when it matters.  Phil himself said he was "out of gas" in game 6 last year- how do you not show up for the biggest game of your life?  Suck it up.

And Lakers fans better hope Kobe doesn't start thinking he has to do this every game, as we all know how that story plays out.  Dude is by far the best individual, one on one (or one on five) player, but last night he didn't give anyone the ball not named Gasol.

damn dude...you really hate Kobe, huh? LOL

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2009, 02:03:59 PM »
I'm still in shock that it's not widely considered an outrage to utter Kobe and Lebron in the same breath. some people are pathetic.

but seeing every post he makes is some dumbass comment about the Lakers he probably does feels that way overall

LeBron is the fuckin man but just calm down on saying he's better overall than Kobe

nice unfounded claim. Anyway,  LeBron is not as skilled as Kobe, but his ability to put a team of guys who range from  nobodies to decent role players is rivaled only by CP3. Kobe is easily one of the best to play the game ever, but I don't think he is the best in the current NBA. And stop the bullshit comparisons about Kobe being more of a legend. He's a 13 year vet and James has played roughly half of that. Kobe SHOULD be more of a legend right now.

you're an idiot...Cavs have one of the best defensive teams in the league. that's WITHOUT LeBron. their defense is more vital to their success than LeBron is. Learn your basketball before you make an ass of yourself. "Kobe is not the best in the current NBA"...LMFAO.

teecee

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2009, 02:29:43 PM »
50-10-8-4 > 61-3-0-0

Which of the above would you all consider a better game? 

INCREDIBLE performance by Kobe to be sure, but I still don't get how Kobe fans say it proves he is the best.  Do it when it matters.  Phil himself said he was "out of gas" in game 6 last year- how do you not show up for the biggest game of your life?  Suck it up.

And Lakers fans better hope Kobe doesn't start thinking he has to do this every game, as we all know how that story plays out.  Dude is by far the best individual, one on one (or one on five) player, but last night he didn't give anyone the ball not named Gasol.

damn dude...you really hate Kobe, huh? LOL

First, which game do you think is better NIK?  To me, it shows the difference between Kobe and LBJ.  Lebron is better at getting his team involved and rebounding, while Kobe when on is simply unstoppable. 

Do I hate Kobe?  NOT even close.  His game, when he is playing like last night, is so similar aesthetically to Jordan's that it is amazing.  However, I have never really liked the way he carries himself, and have been disappointed in him in the playoffs a couple of times.  As far as I am concerned, he had the chance to go out a fighter in the playoffs last year and prove the haters wrong, but instead went out with a whimper (and that wasn't the first time he did that in the playoffs).  Someone in this thread said Kobe can score 60 against any team, any time he wants, but if that was the case he would've went off against the Celtics. 

Still, lets leave it at this- historic game being that is was played at the Garden, and one of the best individual performances in a long time.

But i fail to see how 60/3/0 is better than 50/10/8/4.  I would rather just have this thread focus on Kobes amazing game last night, but when it was said that this proves Kobe is WAY BETTER than anyone else in the NBA, then it becomes what is is

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2009, 03:04:40 PM »
Lebron is better at getting his team involved and rebounding, while Kobe when on is simply unstoppable.

LeBron is a small forward who plays power forward in a small rotation for a few minutes per game. Plus he has a totally different body, more muscles, so it's normal he gets more rebounds than Kobe. And the thing that he is better at getting his team involved is bullshit. Kobe is averaging 5.1 assists per game, not 2. In the month of january, he averaged 7.1 assists in 16 games, along with 6 rebounds and 27.2 points. He recorded 12 assists in the game against LeBron's Cavs. The truth is that Kobe can do everything he wants, on the floor. If he wants, he can have a month averaging more than 7 assists per game. If he wants, he can have a month averaging 40 points per game. If he wants, he can have a month averaging 7-8 rebounds per game. He's the most skilled player i've ever seen since Michael Jordan, and nobody can really touch him under this aspect of the game. LoBron is good. But he still has to develope into a complete player. And i'm not talking about stats. I'm talking about having a better footwork, shooting better from 3pts (do you remember Kobe scoring 12 3pters in one game against Seattle in 2003? Including 9 straight?), shooting better from the FT line (Kobe shot 20/20 against the Knicks), being clutch. Let's talk about who's better when LeBron will be so complete.

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2009, 03:19:05 PM »
Someone in this thread said Kobe can score 60 against any team, any time he wants, but if that was the case he would've went off against the Celtics.

He scored 36 points against them in Game-3, tho. And imho he didn't went all out at all. I mean obviously you don't spend all you energies during a single NBA Final game. Anyway i'm not saying he is unstoppable. I'm saying that if he's menthally prepared and focused on something, there is a big chance that he realizes it. Including scoring 60 points. He can do it against the Knicks, but he can do it against any team in the League. Remember the game against the Mavs? They triple teamed him, in the 3rd. But he scored 30 points or something no matter what. That's what i'm saying. He has so much skills, footwork movements, athleticism, jumpshot, range, desire, etc.. that you really can't stop him, when he's in the zone. LeBron is not this type of player. No way. If you put Ariza, Bowen, Posey, etc.. on him he'll struggle offensively. And you know that. He's still the second best in the League, and quite possibily the MVP of this season, but he ain't on Kobe's level yet. Not to mention the fact Kobe is a better overall defender.

P.S.
LeBron scores half of his points on fastbreaks. His team plays a wonderful aggressive defense, they recover a lot of balls, and they run fastbreaks damn well. That's why he has so much assists and points. But when they face a team who forces them to play at halfcourt, slowing the pace down, then you can easly see how LeBron is like a fish out of water. He's still good enought to win a lot of games, but Kobe is another thing. And i'm not dickryding him, it's just the truth.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 03:26:56 PM by Antonio »

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2009, 04:23:46 PM »

you're an idiot...Cavs have one of the best defensive teams in the league. that's WITHOUT LeBron. their defense is more vital to their success than LeBron is. Learn your basketball before you make an ass of yourself. "Kobe is not the best in the current NBA"...LMFAO.

Take LeBron off the Cavs and you got a group of scrubs. Take Kobe off the Lakers and you still have Bynum, Gasol and Odom.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2009, 04:27:00 PM »
Lebron is better at getting his team involved and rebounding, while Kobe when on is simply unstoppable.

LeBron is a small forward who plays power forward in a small rotation for a few minutes per game. Plus he has a totally different body, more muscles, so it's normal he gets more rebounds than Kobe.

This is not a case for Kobe. If we are talking about skills, then Kobe is the winner. If we are talking about the player with the biggest positive impact on his team, its LeBron.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2009, 04:36:45 PM »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2009, 05:00:24 PM »
LOL here is what America thinks of Kobe's performance...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=frontpage&pollId=67140

but that doesnt matter, just what the analysts on this board think lol. :P

great game, lets just get over it lol.

no need for a 10 page thread on Kobe vs. LeBron, its obvious Kobe fans are even up for an argument.

Kobe fans have already stated Kobe>>>MJ is undebatable lol.

for the record, i think Kobe is better than LeBron, i just think that LeBron gets credit for nothing he ever does (on this board anyway).

just give up, narrowed minded people will never listen!

OchoCinco

« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2009, 05:17:08 PM »
lol at the haters. specially turf hitta, go suck odens old ass.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2009, 05:20:30 PM »

I said Kobe played a great game, how is that hating?

OchoCinco

« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2009, 05:23:09 PM »

I said Kobe played a great game, how is that hating?
\
my bad, thot u wrote that but it was 7even

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2009, 05:34:37 PM »
kobe did something that nobody else in NBA history has done at MSG - score more than 60. thats pretty cool.

while historic, nobody will ever think of this game when his name is remembered.

and this is the same Knicks team that has Mike D'antoni as head coach, not exactly a defensive guy.

i see both sides of the story.
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens